Softbank Brings NFC Technology To iPhone 4 For Mobile Payments

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSoftbank Brings NFC Technology To iPhone 4 For Mobile Payments

It is a known fact that when it comes to cellular phone technology, Asian countries like Japan and South Korea are a generation ahead of the West. Technologies like NFC (Near Field Communications), a short range wireless technology, which enables support for "tap and go" credit and debit card payments and public transport fare payments while on the move is yet to take off in the West.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bemental
    bemental Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Anyway, I think this would be a wonderful addition to the iPhone.It's a shame that similar technology hasn't already taken off. Last whiff of anything I heard were those quick passes utilized at gas stations... and that was AGES ago.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    intersting tech, wat abt the apple patented stuff for ecommerce?
  • not so savvy
    not so savvy Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    More ways for the criminals to defraud innocent people
  • Crazy Asylum
    Crazy Asylum Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    The edy would be very useful for taxi's, less cash to carry around..
  • midkidd
    midkidd Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Stupid clumsy American government... The reason we dont have this technology and similar useful tech is because our laws and the FCC (Federal communications commission). I was in south Korea and they have been video calling, or face time as we know it, for years. they even have video calling pay phones!! I can't lie though, I was wondering why the Korean people were tapping they're phones against the device that grants access to the trains... This Tech will be very usefull in metro cities like New york.On a side note, Why are we just now getting 4G? And when is ATT gonna get 4G because 3G is starting to seem slow!
  • fritzonline
    fritzonline Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have an easier, and cheaper, solution: I stick my Pasmo/Edy card inside my iPhone case. Same result, no sticker. Obviously, it requires a full case, but if you're sticking that thing on the back of your phone, what's the point of a bumper case anyway?