Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 For iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 For iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak

iPhone Dev Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.7b4, which eliminates the need to install and run a separate program for usbmux.

iPhone Dev Team had released Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 over the weekend that implements the “backup plan” for iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4,iPad and iPod touch 4G, which is currently meant only for beta testers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
    Amaaaazzing! Cant wait to use it:) Thanks Dev Team and whole Jailbreaking community!
  • supaastahhmarioo
    supaastahhmarioo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    still want a release thats not buggy, i would suggest people to wait for a simple jailbreak but they would help out a lot of people out there by just releasing the unlock for iphone4 :D
  • Leon
    Leon Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    What iphones cn use this?? 3gs?
  • nothing
    nothing Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    and suddenly the world owes you something... patience.
  • WantUnlock
    WantUnlock Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Forget all this I have not been able to use my i4 for two months now....When is the fucking unlock coming out???
  • supaastahhmarioo
    supaastahhmarioo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    yeah man thats what its all about but hey gotta give thanks to them all for providing excellent tools
  • Magdy
    Magdy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Would you please tell us the status of IPhone 4 bb 2.10 unlock , if not ready we can wait but just say something instead of keeping us wondering
  • FU
    FU Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    You think they work for you is it you f moron!Why are you so stupid to buy an i4 when there's plenty of phone around for you to choose! I hope the dev team will NOT release an unlock for i4!
  • darkstar
    darkstar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    While you are waiting for the unlock, use a cheap AT&T prepaid plan for your i4!! Not that hard to change the APN settings and have a fully functioning i4 with unlimted talk and text, as well as 200 mb data per month, for $75 flat!! Prepaid!! It would work until unlock is released!!
  • Unlock Watcher
    Unlock Watcher Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    We need i4 unlock! I'm so desperate that I would even pay for it at this point. Please let us know any updates on that.
  • ITcrowd
    ITcrowd Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    You should understand that every hole they discover is patched by Apple during next firmware update. Number of holes is not infinite and it is more and more difficult to find one. When I bought iPhone 3GS it had new bootrom and I had to wait several months to get untethered jailbreak. I paid hard cash to get it without plan and factory unlocked. For iOS 4.2.1 there is still no untethered jailbreak for my iPhone, so I'm happy with 4.1 and ready for long wait.You should be prepared to wait few months as well. And you should understand that in the future time will come there is no unlock for new iOS/Baseband version.
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    Aw well heres yet another iphone4 jb unlock NOT solving the masses problems! I x the Dev-Teams work and am awaitinga more stable Redsnow myself but dont u realise thatApple will ALWAYS have a way to re-patch theseexploits! Hence....if u went n paid 300-600$ foran iphone4 in the HOPE that u could use it???Ur a mug! 
  • Jailbreaker
    Jailbreaker Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    All you whining candy asses need to go get a POS android phone . And stop whining here.
  • Lazzeri
    Lazzeri Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Gotta love those guys. Working extra hard on hollidays to offer a free tool for all of us, gettin' nothing in exchange - except for the usual bitchin' of those who doesn't have a clue on how herculean is the task and their accomplishment.Kudos to them, they deserve our ultmost admiration!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    The most Betas till date or so it seems.
  • coolmacdude
    coolmacdude Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    how do your report bugs in beta stages?tried following instructions in b3 to jailbreak my iPad but it did not work, If I missed/ignored the bit where it said needs tethered jailbreak first then all worked fine.one of the gifts from apple in the 12days to christmas app was a book when i try to open this book it says there is a problem and recommends restoring the ipad to factory default apart from this most appears to work well as expected. many thanks to the dev team for all your hard work.
  • BruTaL
    BruTaL Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey FU, only if you had an unlocked device you would understand. So either let the ppl. with Locked devices speak or the DEV TEAM. You stay out of this buddy.RELEASE THE UNLOCK ALREADY OR COME UP WITH ONE YOU NERDS!!!
  • Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress
    The dev team is in their Holidays
  • bold
    bold Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Iphone3gs jb ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Magdy
    Magdy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Firest We all thaning Dev Team for their efforts of helping us and continuation of workeing to please us using our iphones at no charges, I had read that the unlock is ready , I am asking Dev Team one question " would you please give us a reason of not release ? " Are you waiting for something ? If so let us understand and we can appreciate the delay .
  • B Thankful
    B Thankful Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Listen up all ungrateful unlockers (not all of you, just those like FU). Although I understand your frustrations, you have to keep in mind that: a) The iPhone is locked and tied to firmware by default. By choosing a carrier not officially supported by the device, you are pretty much at the mercy of these "nerds" as you called them. They do this as a hobby and share their work with you. Be thankful not hostile! b) Instead of bitching, get yourself a prepaid sim from AT&T and shut the hell up. By doing you are not without your beloved phone and the rest of use do not have to witness your rude, ungrateful, self indulgent and in most cases idiotic rants that do nothing other than piss of those who are helping you. c) Most important of all. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR DAMN PHONE UNTIL AN UNLOCK IS AVAILABLE FOR THAT FIRMWARE. Pretty simple if you ask me.Once and for all. Relax, wait and then enjoy the fruits of those who work hard for this community. If you cannot wait for something to be released, then instead of wasting time and web space, research and learn to program them yourself. Then and only then will your comments hold any merit.
  • B Thankful
    B Thankful Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I apologize FU, the above comments were directed towards WantUnlock and others like them.
  • Cozze02
    Cozze02 Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    what language is this?! don't post if you speak gibberish
  • Ali Imam
    Ali Imam Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Waiting For Battery drain issue fix on IOS 4.2. Plz Plz plz
  • WantUnlock
    WantUnlock Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    It's not that I like to **** about the dev team they are awesome....but ever since I bought ma i4(it came preloaded with 4.1) I've been waitin to use it it's been 3 months now....I am sure everyone can understand what the feeling is....and the unlock is ready just don't know why they are not releasing it.....That's why it is pissing of....my i4 is just lying there like a ordinary iPod
  • 4string
    4string Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    What happened to Comex? He was supposed to have the greatest thing since sliced bread, then 10 days ago said he might not meet his deadline, then nothing since then. It's like he dropped off the face of the earth.
  • Florence
    Florence Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Oh for **** sake, stop reporting beta ****, it does commercial users no good. I thought there was gonna be a new unlok/jb for 4.2.1 on christmas, now we get 4 different betas? Just stop reporting this **** and report on a final release. Surely there are enough visitors to the site you dont need to waste others time by reporting half completedmods
  • iphone4.2.1
    iphone4.2.1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hav 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04 . whn can i expect Untethered jb ?
  • Zack
    Zack Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    seriously, this needs to be released for windows. Comex, Geohot, and DevTeam really need to step up with their game here. all these betas and all these jailbreaks. well all we need is 1 good universal jailbreak. why not you idiot nerds team up and actually create something with your brilliant minds? instead of coming out with 2-3 different jailbreaks, when all they do is do the same thing. Seriously, redsn0w jailbreak should have been released for windows and mac on christmas.
  • parker
    parker Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    hey, so im trying this beta version of redsnow 0.9.7b4 and im doing everything right for sure. when i begin the dfu sequence redsnow automatically tries to jb it and an error occurs. anyone have a solution or is having this problem as well?? btw im on a mac, iphone 4 on 4.2.1