iPad Competitors Lining Up For CES 2011 - Should Apple Be Worried?

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad Competitors Lining Up For CES 2011 - Should Apple Be Worried?

With few days left for the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to kick off, everyone seems to be excited about the new crop of tablets that are expected to be revealed at the show. CES’ tryst with the tablets started last year when Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer displayed the HP Slate, a Windows 7 based tablet at the show. It was followed by a bunch of other Windows 7 based tablets from a host of other players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Poop on win 7
    Poop on win 7 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Sorry but all other tablets will always suck. I don't even pay attention to others anymore
  • Fattrain
    Fattrain Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Not to mention that none of them will have the "following" that iPad has and therefore will be limited on the hacker / modding community. LAME!
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    Ipad has it locked up..Andriod for phones isnt bad, since my iPhone screen broke and Im waiting for a jailbreak ive been using it. Its kinda like having a jailbroken Iphone without the hassle but the screen and pics are not as nice. But my ipad.I dont see any advantage at all.
  • Klasniedryg
    Klasniedryg Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    The flash support is the only advantage of other tablets. If apple could only get it! Otherwise, apple will always be a year ahead of competition!
  • Fares
    Fares Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    if Fox out there manage to make a tablet with windows 7 operating system ,i believe Apple iPad will be in trouble,what do u think guys?
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    It will come down to the ipad vs. a few Android tablets. Why would anyone spend the money on a Win7 tablet that they know will be just as bloated, buggy, and rigid as their desktop?
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I think iPad has low competition with Android Tablets because it uses it's own iOS, the competition will be among the Android Tablets itself. Apple has more to look at the WebOs Tablet i think, cause it also uses it's won OS no other maker include, also keep in mind the upcomming Windows 7 tablets, there more to watch to then Android tabletsYou gotta keep in mind there's Android, WebOS and Windows 7 tablets, but you don't have to fear them, just keep an eye on them and react quick when needed :)
  • Mackie
    Mackie Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    Android may win the battle in the long run since it is opened
  • The Stupid Police
    via Wordpress
    Ultrastupid comments there by 'poop' and 'fattrain' ...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Bring it on, so Apple becomes competitive.
  • coolmacdude
    coolmacdude Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    All i can say is I hope so, I am an apple engineer and have several macs, several iphones and an ipad which i think are fantastic (and i cant stand winDOZE) but enough is enough and apple needs to listen to what there customers and stop being so damm ignorant. they need to also open there system more as jail breaking is no longer illegal as there app approval system is just a joke as you almost need to life the rights to YOUR design before apple will allow it.Im all for competition to keep apple on there toes and android is looking good but still to messy.