Google Digital Newsstand To Take On Apple's Newspaper Subscription Service

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Digital Newsstand To Take On Apple's Newspaper Subscription Service

We have known for quite a while that Apple is working on a newspaper subscription service for the iPad. Now, it looks like Google could soon be launching their own product that could take on competition from Apple in the digital subscription space.

A report on the Wall Street Journal claims that Google is working with publishers to launch a new "digital newsstand" that will be aimed at readers on the Android platform.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dimaDavid
    dimaDavid Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Apple iPhone, then google phoneApple iOS for iPads, android for tablets Apple app store, google app marketApple tv, google tv Apple to deal with news, now google do the sameOnly me see this as a pattern?!?
  • Zonkerton
    Zonkerton Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Yes, only you:1a. mobile phones have been around for ages b. between iphone and android there have been many other makes of touchscreen smartphone - windows mobile 5, 6, nokia n97 symbian, and some others2. writing an operating system for a tablet based computer is nothing new3. between appstore and google *android* market (it's not called google app market), there have been other app markets - like Nokia Ovi store - and online markets are nothing new, I'd say Steam was similar too [ooh, Steam for PC, then Steam for Mac - coming after Microsoft Office for PC, then Microsoft Office for Mac - is there a pattern there?]4. there have been many no-name brands of streaming media box long before apple tv ... actually is that what apple tv is - I've never been able to figure that out - is it like Tivo?5. google has been aggregating news and promoting digitisation of printed content for ages.You're making the mistake of seeing things from a very Apple-centric position.Glad I could be of help. Best Regards. Good day.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Looks like Google is behind Apple in desperation.