Verizon iPhone Release Date Around The End Of January

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon iPhone Release Date Around The End Of January

Several reports have confirmed that Verizon iPhone will be announced at the media event on Tuesday, 11th January.

Wall Street Journal claims that according to the “person familiar with the matter”, Verizon iPhone will be available in the stores “around the end of the month”.

As we had reported yesterday, WSJ also claims that according to their sources,Verizon iPhone will be similar to iPhone 4 but will work on Verizon’s CDMA network.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    It all depends on the data plan... I still have AT&T unlimited data plan so I'm good 4 now.
  • ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Same here. If the data plan is unlimited and cheaper, maybe even 4G then I'd Swich.
  • VZinsider
    VZinsider Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Verizon's Welcome Back ® plan to offer AT&T contract buy out's for previous Verizon customers.Although not advertised, will be a in-store incentive tool that Verizon reps will be able to use to sway over current AT&T iPhone users.
  • Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I will get one the same day it drop if they offer unlimited data. That mat be the selling point to lots of people so I hope they offer unlimited. However, if they don't offer unlimited, AT&T won't lose any customers to them.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Would love to see someone confirm this!Also, I wonder if there will be any incentives for small businesses to switch? We're ready to do so, as AT& T coverage here in Hampton Roads VA sucks.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Our family plan will move day 1, particularly if Verizon offers some incentives.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    It wont be 4G because the iPhone will run on Verizons old CDMA network, you'll have to wait for a LTE iPhone for your 4G.
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    According to the appleisider it's going to b unlimited data
  • InkFest Live
    InkFest Live Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    EVERYONE THAT SWITCHES IS GOING TO CRY WHEN THE SERVICE IS THE SAME ON VERIZON, THE'RE NETWORK WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE ALL THE DATA. AT&T IS GREAT, IT'S JUST A LITTLE OVER LOADED. AND IF VERIZON WAS SO ADVANCED WHY ARE THEY CDMA?
  • Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I sure hope so. I have a brand new iPhone 4 that have never been open that I am trying to sell right now. I'm tired of the unlocking. I will be first in line if they offer unlimited data. However, I think at&t will offer it again soon. They just wanted to make some money and lock people in so they couldn't switch to Verizon.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Personally, I'd stick with AT&T. With CDMA, it's old and outdated, you can't multli-task, thus you can't make a call and surf on browser at the same time.With AT&T you can multi-task. GSM is so much better.
  • Hendog
    Hendog Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I think you work for Verizon...
  • rman
    rman Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    The reason Verizon still uses CDMA is because you can't get nationwide coverage out of GSM without 37 trajillion towers everywhere. It would cost 48 billion quadrillion zillion dollars and make our country a nukerwave. I have Verizon and I would very much like to have a GSM phone, but unfortunately, my geographical region I live in is not conducive to AT&T or any other GSM awesomeness coverers. Even with their new 4g lte rolling out, I still won't be able to use it for another 32 years except when I'm traveling. Wyoming sucks. I will have an iPhone the day its launched though....
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Common Apple why not make iPhone open to all.
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    It will be cool if at&t offered unlimited date for $25 in response to this