Verizon Will Offer Unlimited Data Plans To iPhone Customers To Take On AT&T

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon Will Offer Unlimited Data Plans To iPhone Customers To Take On AT&T

With a day to go for Verizon’s media event where it is expected to announce Apple’s iPhone on its network, we are getting more details about Verizon’s plans for iPhone customers.

Wall Street Journal claims that Verizon will be offering iPhone customers unlimited data plans.

Wall Street Journal reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sho
    Sho Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    FIRST !i still have unlimited w At&t so i will stick w that
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Good move from verizon... That is a good insentive to change carriers... Bt I'm not sold on the CDMA iPhone battery life will stink and they can not multitask ... And like the article said verizon users will experience network congestion! I think I'm good for now... I have the AT&T unlimited plan and iPhone 4... I just need a jb ... Thanks
  • Firstman
    Firstman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    4G Verizon announced tomorrow with iPhone being 4G ! iPhone AT&T will have the iPhone 5 which will be 4G.. AT&T commercials starting this weekend said 4G is coming, they would not wait until June 2012 for a 4G capable iPhone.. mark this post!
  • Pennywaltz
    Pennywaltz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I'm on the fence right now. I switched from Verizon to AT&T for the iPhone. I was pretty happy with Verizon's service (cell, never had a data plan with them). AT&T's service is ok... i have great service most of the time. I have a lot of outages. I already have the unlimited data plan with AT&T since I was grandfathered in to be able to keep my plan. Personally, I think Verizon offer better service and is a better deal (I get 22% off on VZW vs my 18% off on my AT&T using my employer's discount) when compared to AT&T.So I'm pretty sure the new iPhone for Verizon will be CDMA. This is a pain in the butt for me, since I have the habit on changing phones for things (i.e when I go out to the clubs, I like to have a smaller phone than an iPhone). Changing phones on a CDMA system is a pain... so I like the idea of SIMS. So the debate is better service VS SIMS
  • Ther6kid
    Ther6kid Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    First off, as some of know that the only reason that Verzion and Sprint went to 4G network was: there 3G network was maxed out meaning they could not expand their 3G anymore. AT&T has room expansion capabilities still. Also apple is waiting for all carriers to fully come out with 4G networks before they release their 4G iPhone.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress
    Its about time verizon gets a good phone. The only thing i dont like about verizon is there shitty customer service i had them for 8 years and switched to att 3 years ago and have never been happier with there customer service i never get charged for more than i should.
  • Brian Williams
    Brian Williams Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I wonder if Verizon's unlimited data will actually be untlimited or it will be a hard 5 gb cap?
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    if i can walk into verizon with my old cell iphone and have it activated without having to buy a new one I'd be switching the same day.
  • Thoughtless
    Thoughtless Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Goose
    Goose Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Yes. If you could do that then there would be no need for the Verizon iPhone. Lol.
  • VoIP
    VoIP Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    "stopped offering iPhone customers unlimited data plans from January 7th, 2010"I thought they started their 2gb/256mb choices mid to late 2010?? I know Jan. 7th 2010 is incorrect as I have an unlimited plan for $30 a month that went into effect March 2010 when I bought my 3GS
  • Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Correct, it was actually put in place Right before the iPhone 4 launch.
  • Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    I'm sticking with AT&T. I have an unlimited data plan, and even if I didn't I wouldn't got to Verizon. Previous articles that I have read said you can't multitask the iPhone on a CDMA network or CDMA hardware; something along the lines of that. If you can't multitask, it would be a big loss for the current iPhone users that are used to for example browsing the web while on a phone call, etc.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Not sure how things are going to turn out, but on things is for sure, competitions all was good for the consumer. Now let see if we can't get an iphone for Sprint and T-mobile.
  • Y W
    Y W Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Now that ATT wont have exclusivity on the iPhone will they provide the unlock codes??
  • Like others have said & I have read before if you can't multitask with CDMA then what's the point of changing?? I wouldnt want to go back to the old school of "let me call you back" if I needed to check traffic, the web, buy a movie ticket or anything else that I have become accustomed to being ably to do one the iPhone.
  • Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
  • Kimchifan
    Kimchifan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Only bad thing about a verizon iphone is that you can't use the data connection at the same time and make a phone call. It is one or the other. I am sure most of you overlook this but will be a big deal for those that tether and want to make a call.
  • Ring Dang Ding
    Ring Dang Ding Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    On CDMA you can not use the phone and internet at the same time
  • Christopher Williams
    via Wordpress
    I Have Unlimited Data and Text..so don't care really..
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Sticking with AT&T. Verizon isn't capable of handling data and phone call at the same time. Plus already grandfathered with unlimited plan with tether to my laptop and iPad via MyWi. Yeah I have dropped calls, but at an average of 3k mins/mo what network wouldn't. Give me one good reason to switch.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I dont think unlimited data plan will help in getting more customers for Verizon.
  • Azures
    Azures Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    I think we will see AT&T's unlimited data plan come back very soon!
  • will2713
    will2713 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i have a rooted droid x with Verizon. when using wifi tether, i can make a phone call without disconnecting the tether. i don't know if i can do both at the same time. but for sure, i could make a telephone call on my laptop using google voice!
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I'm currently with the 2gb data, and it just sucks so badly. I couldn't stream video at all and YouTube on iPhone just useless due to the 2gb cap. And I always have to worry about run over the data in which i have to pay an extra 10 bucks.