iOS 4.3 To Bring Mobile Hotspot Feature To GSM iPhones

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 4.3 To Bring Mobile Hotspot Feature To GSM iPhones

As expected, Verizon Wireless yesterday announced that a new CDMA variant of the iPhone 4 shall launch on their network next month. Among the several enhancements that this new iPhone will come with, one of the most talked about features is the support for a mobile hotspot.

The functionality will let users set up their iPhone as a wireless router that will let up to five devices access internet simultaneously with the iPhone's 3G network.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iLynk
    iLynk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    All this talk about people switching to verizon or staying with AT&T is old news. People like me don't give a rats ass because I have an unlocked phone 4 on tmobile network. It's not on 3G speeds but it does the job for me. Tmobile won't even kiss apple ass for the iPhone because the dev team makes it possible for us to use iPhone on any network.
  • iLynk
    via Wordpress
    Well in the US anyway
  • HimageN
    HimageN Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Of course everyone love mobile hotspot but nobody should have to pay a fee above their current overpriced internet plans. I'm just hoping that t-mobile gets the iPhone 5.
  • iLynk
    via Wordpress
    I'm with you 100%. Why pay more and besides a lot of apples new so called updates is a been there done that for Cydia users. Wifi tethering what oh wait we had that long time ago same with folders and video recording etc. It's either that or apple milks us for every dime we have but hey we always buy their products lol.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Pay more? I'm i the ONLY one that comes on this site SPECIFICALLY for HACKS!!??? All of this is really old news. Like iPhone 2nd gen 3G news lol. Get yourself an iPhone, jailbreak, go to cydia install mywi, and enjoy. Tawk Dun!
  • sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Well I wouldn't pay for it. So if it comes with costs to GSM iPhones, I stick with MyWi. Otherwise I gladly take it, would be really nice to have this integrated in iOS.
  • K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    What about the data plan, if they capped to 2GB for this hotspot feature, it's useless
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    My sentiments exactly. If you a new customer and don't have an unlimited data plan why would you want to have 5 devices connected? 2Gb is a joke!
  • naveed
    naveed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress
    Apple Releases iOS 4.3 Beta for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV (3g and 2g is out????)
  • its useless,apple is doing something excited to get people buy anything new which is old news because they been doing this for so long it took them 3 phones to get flash for the camera !! , plus what is a phone wroth without sim card !, that will effected the sales and people moving to Verizon so so am sure they will realase the white one only on verzion to get people move we will see in the next month, am sure att is not afraid of the move becasue they are well know now all over the world that the compnay that carries iphone first so am sure apple will not going to treat them bad
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I'm agree with ilink mywi works great n it's fast
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    First of all dude who cares about if it's a sim card or not iPhone 4 only provides micro sim there for you need a sim cutter and If verizon provides unlimited data Att will lose alot of customer and I'm one of them Att sucks
  • bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    First and important thing... if you connect 5 devices via 3g it would be just dumb and useless!!!!why no one is talking about thaat... you need at least 4g for that... Verizon is coming with 4g soon.. when is ATT coming??
  • u are right and wrong but u only talking to people who only lives in the states who works and live all there life in the states and donot travel with there phones, if you work and travel all around the world what will u do a phone that works in one carrier or even with no sim card not everyone is looking for unlimited internet, and also its up to you which carrier u use but most world still use sim cards so people who travel well still need a sim card to use it anywhere
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    So iOS 4.3 to bring this functionality and not just a feature on you iPhone if you happen to be with Verizon? If so, this will be pointless for me as I'm with o2 in the UK and have to pay a monthly subscription in order to use this functionality
  • riffraff
    riffraff Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    The who cares about sim or not are people like me that upgrade with each new device and sell my old one on eBay for good money but the CDMA version can only be used by verizon therefore no resale value compared to a world wide consumer base for the gsm model.
  • Cadillacquin
    Cadillacquin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    @ iLynk I totally agree internet tethering is old I've had this feature since I have owned an iphone and that was back in the early part of 09 and I have always had this feature at no cost. So, I dont see all the excitement in this old feature
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Hotspots would be good but they need to have unlimited plans for $20, then we are game.
  • jes
    jes Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yeah Verizon is coming out with 4 G but I dont think I phone 4 is going to work on the 4G network so good luck with that...If you get the iphone 4 you cant get Iphone 5 right when it comes out unless you pay full price 500-600 or whatever.
  • sai
    sai Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    wellcome to new features.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    i love MyWi and will probably stick with it. apple will probably deny this feature to 3g owners to encourage them to buy a new overpriced device.PS. I wonder what new bugs apple will introduce to the 4.3 OS this time round can't wait for a leap year bug to hit the alarm clock lol
  • Name (required)
    Name (required) Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    AT&T has a 4G network ready and is releasing a slew of new phones like the Atrix in the next month.
  • Ray Abatti
    Ray Abatti Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I was planning on starting the guide with wordpress..