iPhone Tips & Tricks: Regain Reduced Battery life & Improve Edge speeds

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: Regain Reduced Battery life & Improve Edge speeds

One of the most interesting thing of a revolutionary gadget like the iPhone is that there is always someone out there in the blogosphere figuring out a trick or two to make it work better. In this article I write about an iPhone trick for all those who have hacked...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andre Bianchi
    Andre Bianchi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anyone solved yet how to enable TV Out without having to upgrade to 1.1.1. ?

• Sam Weiss
    Sam Weiss Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Interesting regarding the antenna. I've been under the impression that the entire back was the antenna [and why not... it's metal! ..though you'd have to have some shock/surge protection built into it then]

The reason I thought this, is that I would notice that in places of poor cell reception I could place my phone on a metal object, and the signal strength would improve massively.

So would this also mean that an Iphone sitting flat on a table is going to have poorer reception than one that is propped up a little bit?

• eddie-o
    eddie-o Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

what about casing? I did observe a lot of drainage due to SSH.. perhaps this will fix it! thanks for the info

• louis Rivas
    louis Rivas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Interesting...Thanks for the tip...I was always uninstalling it and reinstalling it when needed.

It seems more of a software glitch too...After the update to 1.1.1 the battery life gave more juice and play time, maybe that's because with 1.1.1 you can't do anything with the eye~phone except check the weather and stock giving it more stand~bye and pocket time.

After going back to 1.0.1 I noticed my mail app crashing and going bonkers. After ssh into the machine and purging everything in the mail app folder it seems to have rest the mail pref bringing things back to normal in that dept.

Love the turn edge off feature...

• Eduardo
    Eduardo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

The battery tip worked for me..
    once I disabled SSH my battery is lasting a lot more!
    Thank you!!

• Eisa AlMuhairi
    Eisa AlMuhairi Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

That is very nice program to have. However, i do have a question, I tried to turn off the edge setting. But when i tried to turn it back on, i lost the ability to use it. It keeps saying unable to connect, not registered to T-zones. Anyone had that problem yet?

• bendermarte@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

if you have tmobile and your edge does not work go to settings/general/network/EDGE

and erase the username and password and leave blank

than on the APN box erase what's there and write internet2.voicestream.com and it should work

do not be fooled lots of cell phone nerds charge up to $60 beans just to do this :) spread the word so no one else pays to configure edge on tmobile!

• Pepo
    Pepo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

"SSHD constantly runs, waiting for a remote login attempt. This in turn drains your battery"
    This is GREAT NEWS so I can disable it now to save battery. Now, regarding EDGE... this application just change the connection information for EDGE but it doesn´t actualy disable EDGE. That could means it´s still trying and trying to get conncetion consuming lot of battery... right ? Is this a fact ? if so, is there any way to disable EDGE ?
    Thank you !

• Wesley
    Wesley Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Any found a hack to unlock the TV OUT function on an IPHONE V1.0.2 yet?

• Any found a hack to unlock the TV OUT function on an IPHONE V1.0.2 yet without having to to upgrade to V1.1.1?Please let me know.Thanks

• Todd
    Todd Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know a way to forward a text or sent one to multiple users? If not, how could they have forgotten such simple things?

• reborn7577
    reborn7577 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi, I brought an iPhone from US under AT&T. I unlocked it to any network in UK with firmware 1.1.1. Now came out the version 1.1.3. Is it posible or good for me to upgrade to it? Will it make any difference? Cheers

• samer
    samer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have an unlocked iphone, i dropped it once near the top right corner,nothing happened at that time the phone was working perfectly, then i updated it from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, after 2 weeks from the updated i started noticing that my signal gets so low most of the time and never comes back to full signal.
    is this a software or hardware problem?

• Matthew Hillman
    Matthew Hillman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anyone got an iPhone on 1.1.4 unlocked? No? If you are the proud owner of Mac you can upgrade to 1.1.4 and unlock the iPhone and sim using this program! http://ijailbreak.com/ I used it the other day and it works! Try it and see for yourself. :-)

Also anyone having problems turning off SSH using services app try BossPrefs it worked for me. :-)

• lolodos
    lolodos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I've bought a bran new 16gb 1.1.4 Iphone recently. I used Ziphone to jailbreak it, but since a while I have this very annoying problem. Even if the Battery is fully charged, the signal "Battery Low" appears and it shuts down my Iphone. Nothing I can do could change that. I restored it and ziphoned it 100 times already.. but nothing improved. I would love to have a tip or a solution for that. thanks

• jam
    jam Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi everyone i have a problem n i wish u guy can help me out i have installed service .app but i can't turn ssh off don't know why, anyone in here have any idea? i would to have comment back
    peace!

• Sandeep
    Sandeep Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hi everyone....does anybody came with the solution of not using data plans with rogers and instead use wifiwhere available

• FastEddieSRT
    FastEddieSRT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I was wondering if there were better browsers for the iPhone besides safari such as firefox or opera or even explorer?