CDMA iPhone Headed To China, Japan, South Korea, India

Whizkid
Whizkid Posts: 135
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCDMA iPhone Headed To China, Japan, South Korea, India

According to Taiwanese website Digitimes, Apple is planning to bring the CDMA iPhone 4 that was unveiled at the Verizon media event last week, to a host of new markets. The countries that are set to get the CDMA iPhone include China, Japan, South Korea and India.

The publication has also reported that apart from Foxconn, which has been manufacturing iPhone 4 for Apple since last year, Pegatron too has been added to the list of iPhone makers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Here in India, I notice lots of folks already have one. I would buy an extra one as a spare for my 2yr old who loves her games, so I can't wait till its released here.
  • iphone-android
    iphone-android Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Though iPhone 4 GSM is not officially launched in India, There is a significant presence of factory unlocked iPhone 4's apart from jailbroken ones procured from grey market. It costs roughly around INR ₹40,000/- for a sealed factory unlocked iPhone4 32GB.Just like in many countries iPhone is quite popular in India. You can see the iPhones right from autorickshaw walas, kids, students, doctors, govt officials, to professionals.All the GSM service providers(BSNL, MTNL, IDEA, TATADOCOMO, Virgin Mobiles, Vodafone, Airtel, AIRCELL..) in India have trained their customer care to resolve issues related to iPhoneApart from apple stores, there are dedicated iPhone repair shops in major cities, where they fix issues with the iphone right in front of you eyes for dead cheap price. You have to stand in queues for getting your phone repaired. They do a awesome job, right from fixing the broken screen, to battery replacement, to any other broken hardware , and also to jailbreaking/unlocking the iphone within an hour or two.
  • manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Given that Steve Jobs is taking 'medical leave of absence' from Apple, I am not sure whether it is going to a reality.
  • Gundu mama
    Gundu mama Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Phones "Made in China" are quite popular in India as they are cheap and usually comes with multiSIM, Call recording , external storage, etc. Given that iPhone is also made is china it will definetly be popular. Does the iPhone CDMA has dual SIM support?
  • Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress
    I love steve as much as anyone and probably more, but realistically the company won't just freeze without him. I'm not saying iphone 6 will be good, but if they have plans for it started they'll finish them without him. if he dies, god forbid, i'd bet that iphone 6 or 7 would suck (maybe they have plans that go that far, maybe not) but any plans he started talking about should be executed fine.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I dont think it will be good in India, as people like to change number often.
  • skystarf
    skystarf Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    iPhone4 would do well in India if it's factory unlocked.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Seems cool that if this is true. I know it will be out in the U.S in Feb. AFAIK about Korea, even if it does come out, most likely it may be out on the LG telecom or possibly SK Telecom but I highly doubt it for SK Telecom since they do Samsung Galaxy S. I can see that the iphone CDMA will be a failure in Korea just because many people already have the iphone 4 GSM model or a Samsung Galaxy S. So not many people will be buying a CDMA model of the iphone.
  • HiLo
    HiLo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wonder if there is a Chinese MuscleNerd or Comex that could put out an untethered Jailbreak. I hear they are smarter over there.
  • welcome
    welcome Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    As long as it is factory unlocked, and the price is cheaper or atleast in the same range as it is currently in the grey market, there is little possibility for it NOT to become popular.If iphone4 GSM is also launched at the same time along with CDMA, there will be a tough competition between iphone4's(GSM vs CDMA) as Indian customers are known to change their numbers for obvious reasons.
  • Yande
    Yande Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just want Apple will more enjoyable for costumers. Carriers are not their end costumer but users. There is no fun thing about lock user to use one carrier. Apple is come from a freedom country but not their device.Worries about distribution? There are many Giant Dealers will invest to take part of it. Like iphone cdma for example, not all carrier has a good coverage so do we need to move to other area just to use iphone?To Steve: just be wise sir...