Starbucks Mobile Card App Lets You Pay For Coffee With Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStarbucks Mobile Card App Lets You Pay For Coffee With Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

Starbucks has just announced the launch of mobile payments in nearly 6,800 company-operated stores and more than 1,000 Starbucks in Target stores across the US.

It has also released Starbuck Card Mobile app, which will allow customers to pay with their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch at Starbucks.

Starbucks has issued the following statement:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Thomas Ford
    Thomas Ford Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    This will come in use, i go to Starbucks almost every day. I wish they would of released this sooner. Cant wait to try. I wish visa would release there solution that they had for mobile payments. They would have to make it where it only sends information to the case when you are in the app so no one could get your information with a magnetic reader.
  • K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    I used it at Target's Starbucks. The lady doesn't know how to use the scanner, charged me twice...I found out later, so beware of it.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Nice concept - but looking at the reviews - the app looks pretty crap
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    On the image for the app above it has a distinctive black and white image over the top of this, I saw one of these on a T.V commercial the other day also. Can anyone tell me what it is?
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Cool I downloaded this app. I also created an account for starbucks as well. Though I don't have any plans using this app but it's nice to have just in case if I need to use it. Of course I need to buy the card.
  • lou
    lou Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    That image is part of the app. That is like a barcode. Traditional barcodes are very limited. They produce a number. The scanner then has to link to a database find the number and get the info. These newer images, can contain a lot more data and are taken over traditional bar codes. Stuff like Name, address, Membership number, age, etc... can all be incorporated within the complexity of the image.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I hope its even outside the US
  • SmurfIt
    SmurfIt Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    its called a QR code. many free apps in itunes.