Hidden Features in iPhone Firmware 1.1.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHidden Features in iPhone Firmware 1.1.1

If you turn blind eye to the issues that iPhone owners who have unlocked their iPhone and those who had installed the cool third-party hacks have faced (just for a moment as I understand the disappointment and frustration), it would be fair to say that Apple did quite a good...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ashninja
    Ashninja Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just tried this and it worked fine with the apple blue tooth headset. The only problem I encountered is that when you play your music it plays both from the phone and the blue tooth headset. Hope this helps <

• V.J.Catkick
    V.J.Catkick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Here's tip to change iPhone's international keyboard like iPod Touch.
    http://iphone.vjck.com/jkey_e.html
    tapping input field, you can change international keyboard.

• Genera
    Genera Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have 1.0.2 and im able to change my voice mail password directly from my iphone, so that wasnt a new feature. Or am i missing something here?

• ruben
    ruben Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Not really sure if this is a new feature as i never really tested it on the previous firmware. (i discovered this by mistake today) When the phone is locked (dark screen) double clicking on the Home button shows the iPod controls as well as the option "slide to unlock" the phone, along with the time on top. if you tap on "play" it shows the album art and it goes back to sleep.

• Nunyer
    Nunyer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The bluetooth feature works prior to 1.1.1 - I use it and I'm on 1.0.2.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

hey guys i dont know where to post this or if its even something that could be related to all the mayem the new updates are causing but since a few days ago i noticed that my visual voicemail is not working at all. as soon as i click on voicemail it dials out and i have to listen to all my crap and actually two days ago i had to reset my voicemail for some reason. now i have a 4gb phone thats not unlocked but i have jailbreaked it and i have not updated my itunes to the newer version or the firmware at all!! is it a problem with my phone and the carrier or could the apps i installed have caused this?

• Jefe
    Jefe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I use Vonage and it emails me my voicemail messages as a .wav file. Prior to the update, iPhone would only display a graphic that looked like a file with no application assocatiated. Now, iPhone clearly displays it as a Quicktime file, and if I tap it, it tries to launch it in the media player. Unfortunately, it says it can't play the file. But it's progress.

I would presume that this means that certain types of movies can be viewed in emails.

• Jocko
    Jocko Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • SPL15
    SPL15 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Everyone has missed one of the biggest IMO update/bug fix in 1.1.1. They fixed the Gain settings so the audio output isnt clipped and distorted through the line output. The headphone jack didnt have this problem, but the line output from the dock port had it BAD!

I've got 4000 watts of bass in my car so I have more than enough power to stay clip free, but the iPhone would clip the signal before my amps even amplified it. A clipped bass signal sounds like crap and it will fry your speakers if cranked loud enough.

Before the 1.1.1 update, my bass sounded bad to put it nicely. really muddy, transients sounded distorted and it would cause my subs to heat up and smell burned when they shouldnt be hot yet.

The 1.1.1 fixes the gain settings inside the iPhone so the output is clean going out of the phone and I'm not sure, but they may have added compression to the output also. Since I only use the iphone in my car, I like a little bit of compression. For home audio use, this really blows.

Most people wont notice this fix at all unless you have an audio system that can really show how bad the regular AAC encoding is from iTunes. Those little boom box things wont show the difference readily and they sound so bad by themselves anyways.

With 1.1.1 my music is WAY more clear and the bass is nice and tight like it should be.

To test this whole theory out. BEFORE you update your phone, play some bass heavy music through your headphones and set the equalizer to bass booster in the settings. turn up the volume and you'll hear horrendous distortion on bass notes. This is a massive exageration of what it does all the time with EQ set to off.

After the 1.1.1 Update, you wont have this problem at all and if you have it set to bass booster, you'll just have boosted bass not loud distortion.

I keep my EQ off on the phone since the presets all sound bad.

Most of you wont give a hoot about this fix, but if you actually have a decent sound system and know what good sound is, you'll catch it right away.

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Many are clammoring about the update that Apple made to brick 3rd party applications for the Iphone owners everywhere who had hacked and installed 3rd party applications in their fones.However, to my elation I have researched most of the web for updates and read all sources and codes from different countries...you all are happy to be notified that within a week or 2, a new BREAK in the 1.1.1 Firmware and new softwares to unlock the Iphone with simpler application installer are being updated and made this very moment.And i am sure that the Dev Team is in their laboratory thinking of ways to have a reset to factory settings also so that this cat and mouse deal between Apple and the Hackers Worldwide will continue to flourish...unfortunately no detailed release yet has been made.only through my connections from hackers worldwide am I able to confirm that the projects of unlocking the Iphone easier despite new Firmware/Softwares from apple are in circulation.So just sit and wait and be patient.New improve applications and Unlocking tools for your iphone are on the way.So pass the word and update this site for future news and releases heard/seen/tried out there in the web...Much Luv and keep up the GREAT work!!let's make this the best Iphone for the masses. =)

• Tony bush
    Tony bush Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Yo if you call your self by typing *#307# in the keypad part of your phone and then pressing call you can then go back to the iPod part of the phone and play what ever music you want. And another heads up it doesn't use up your minutes because it is a free code u can use even when there is no sim card in the phone.

• Tony bush
    via Wordpress

oh yea and the above way does not play through your speaker.

• Tony bush
    via Wordpress

oh and to stop the call switch your phone to airplane mode and then switch back

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Those of you having Vonage and can't play Vonage voicemails - check out the native iPhone app http://www.vonagent.com - which allows you to manage your simulring and listen to your Vonage Voicemails!