iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 claims another Victim: iPhone Applications to add custom ringtones to your iPh

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 1.1.1 claims another Victim: iPhone Applications to add custom ringtones to your iPhone don't seem to work

It was only last week that I had written about the seven cool iPhone hacks or applications which can be used to add custom ringtones to your iPhone in case you did not want to pay Apple the additional 99c for each song you wanted to add as ringtone. Apple...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iX_StyleZ
    iX_StyleZ Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i tried even doing it the manual way, it even shows up as a ringtone in my itunes library. but even though i synced it, it still wont add..

good thing i downgraded =]

• A!
    A! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There must be a code hidden in the ringtones that 1.1.1 is reading, lets compare a ringtone made by itunes and one from each hack.or even have a program read the ringtones for similarity

• Zach
    Zach Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

weird...... mine work just fine

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I was using iphoneringtonemaker, the weird thing is that the ringtones that I had already set for specific users still work but do not show up in the list of ringtones, if I change them I loose them, I cannot add obviously. So in another words they are still there, but the update won't allow them to be listed.

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Custom ringtones are possible with iTunes 7.4, 1.1.1 and MakeiPhoneRingtone. Works only about half the time, but it can be done.

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

could it possibly be that the 1.1.1 firmware looks at some kind of metadata that shows what created the ringtone and if it's not "iTunes" then it won't let it work?

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Many are clammoring about the update that Apple made to brick 3rd party applications for the Iphone owners everywhere who had hacked and installed 3rd party applications in their fones.However, to my elation I have researched most of the web for updates and read all sources and codes from different countries...you all are happy to be notified that within a week or 2, a new BREAK in the 1.1.1 Firmware and new softwares to unlock the Iphone with simpler application installer are being updated and made this very moment.And i am sure that the Dev Team is in their laboratory thinking of ways to have a reset to factory settings also so that this cat and mouse deal between Apple and the Hackers Worldwide will continue to flourish...unfortunately no detailed release yet has been made.only through my connections from hackers worldwide am I able to confirm that the projects of unlocking the Iphone easier despite new Firmware/Softwares from apple are in circulation.So just sit and wait and be patient.New improve applications and Unlocking tools for your iphone are on the way.So pass the word and update this site for future news and releases heard/seen/tried out there in the web...Much Luv and keep up the GREAT work!!let's make this the best Iphone for the masses. =)

• rh
    rh Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Custom ringtones with iTunes 7.4 and firmware 1.1.1 work as long as the stik value is set to 14 and placed in the iTunes ringtone folder using the method listed on http://cybersurge.org/2007/10/02/custom-ringtones-with-iphone-firmware-version-111/

But I can only get it to work with OSX, cannot get it to work with Windows.

• m2avg
    m2avg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is it necessary to have a valid AT&T sim card in the phone in order to downgrade the firmware using iTunes and then hack it using anysim?

• Japer
    Japer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

to add a custome ringtone to iphone

1. goto option/preferences in iTunes
    2. Under Advanced, sub menu:Importing, change "import using:" to AAC enconder
    3.select a song and edit it between 10-40 seconds under song options (any less or longer the ringtone will not sync to the iPhone)
    4.make sure that that is the only file in AAC format because if their is another then the ringtone will not sync either.
    5.once youve edited the length of your slected ringtone, right click and "convert to AAC" once thats done it should be converted into AAC format as well as length wise.(make sure to put back the original length of your original song back in order)
    6.right click the AAC formatted song, and (mac users) show in finder or (windows) find song file or show song file or something lol, im a mac user as u can tell ha.
    7.(for mac users)simply select the file and press enter, change "m4a" to "m4r" (m4a=AAC encoder & m4r=AAC Ringtone) it will ask you if you are sure you want to change the format, yes do it you'll stil have your original full length song.
    7.(for windows Users) same as mac altho what i was told you need to view properties and change format their.
    8.take the formated ringtone file and move it to a folder you will always remember but also temporarly kept ie.desktop
    9.for both users look for your itunes library folder. create a folder "Ringtones" exactly as spelled and cased. (if youve bought ringtones already you should already have this folder in your library so you wont need to create one)
    10.move the file you put i a temporary folder (like for mine my desktop) drag and drop it to the "Ringtone" folder
    11.exit iTunes if you havent already and select the ringtone from the folder to open itunes. this refreshes itunes so that the ringtone appears in the ringtone playlist and in sync for your iphone when plugged in.

if you have any question msg me on myspace.com/azninvasion88