Hacker Claims Apple May Use Qualcomm's Chipsets In iPhone 5 And iPad 2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHacker Claims Apple May Use Qualcomm's Chipsets In iPhone 5 And iPad 2

iPhone Hacker and expert, Piergiorgio Zambrini (aka Zibri) who had developed ZiPhone, an extremely popular software method to jailbreak and unlock iPhone running iOS firmware 1.x  is making headlines again.

He claims that he has discovered references in the latest version of iTunes, which indicates that Apple plans to use wireless chipset manufacturer Qualcomm's baseband for iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

Zibri writes on his blog:

Read the full story here

Comments

• MAD
    MAD Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    WE JUST NEED AN IPHONE UNLOCK FOR 4.1 THANKS
  • VoIP
    VoIP Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like I need to buy Qualcomm's stock
  • Someone
    Someone Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    It is a shame that there is no talk of a 4G iphone... perhaps it is time to look into an Android phone that work on the 4G networks...
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I agreed with Mad we need unlock iPhone 4 4.1
  • The Dude
    The Dude Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I am sure the iPhone 5 will have 4 g capability, and a dual band chip is more then smart it's more profitable and controllable from a production point of view. Still I would like to see an improved battery more then anything else, say 2x-2.5x better then iPhone 4. I don't want to be afraid to use my edge/3g/4g/wifi cause my phone has no stamina. And even a easy acces replaceable battery to carry an extra one on long trips.I tell you android it's looking better and better. If only google could put it's foot down and make carriers push updates on day one. I would be sold.. To each it's own I guess.
  • SexyFireman
    SexyFireman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I feel ya on that one ...
  • Urmom
    Urmom Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I will not be buying any new version of the iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and I love it, along with my iPad...I don't see as much demand for the iPhone"5" as with the 4. Unless a bunch if people go to Verizon/sprint. Personally, I love ATT.
  • iPhoneUser1
    iPhoneUser1 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    No offense but 4g is still to young it's only available in a few cities and what would be the point to have a 4g capable iPhone when the market isn't ready for it there are two 4g technologies hspa+ and LTE and Both need time to grow we should all wait a least another year for 4g devices right now these 4g phones have poor battery life and lack 4g consistancy
  • iPhoneUser1
    iPhoneUser1 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 5 and iPad 2 both seem to be causing a lot of buzz I personally I'm look forward to the next iPhone I don't much care if it has 4g or not but I do want to see major hardware upgrades better CPU and GPU and more
  • DoYourHomework
    DoYourHomework Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Dude, there have been spare batteries for iPhones for years!! Do a search on Amazon, and you can get them for LESS than $5. I have a few and given some to friends and they work great! I would much rather keep the profile of phone slim and mess with removable batteries that collect duct at the contacts, more prone to liquid splash damage, etc..Stitchway UltraPower 1900 mAh $2.36 plush shipping! Can't beat that.
  • oh Yeah?
    oh Yeah? Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    No, you just need Verizon.And maybe a little bit of Jesus.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That is the last thing on dev teams mind, its so sick.
  • oh Yeah?
    oh Yeah? Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    ATT is like the red-headed step-child of the cell phone industry, BUT she got a fancy toy and all the other kids got jealous and she got all the attention, even though she could only play with her toy part of the time. Now, finally, the extremely pretty, biological daughter is getting a toy that is just as fancy, but it will work all the time, no matter where she is. She's about to get all the attention so the red -headed step-child is pouting and trying desperately to try and get people to ignore the other girl, even though the biological daughter's toy is more awesome in every way.I hope everyone understand what that means.
  • dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    4g speeds in America are the same as 3G speeds in Canada.. Lol
  • sai
    sai Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    Ya... good luck with that. I get service on ATT in places my friends don't with Verizon. Still never had significant problems with the ATT network and I've had every iPhone. Only place I ever got pissed at the network was the middle of nowhere driving though Utah and Radcliff, KY while I was at Ft. Knox. They had no service and crappy signal respectively. I get service all over the place in CO and even while skiing. Verizon is slow, and once all you fools transfer over in two weeks the ATT network will have all that bandwidth free'd up and be even faster for those of us who stay. :)
  • JumboCrayons
    JumboCrayons Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys…I just downgraded my iPhone4 from 4.2.1 to 4.1(8B117) and jailbreak it with limera1n but my firmware stays at 03.10.01. somehow it works for both my 3GS and iPhone4.Here is what i have done:1) google and download 3GS iOS4.1 & iPhone4 iOS 4.12) google and download Tinyumbrella3) download Limera1n4) Set hosts to look into Cydia server5) Run TinyUnbrella and save your SHSH6) BACKUP YOUR DATA with iTune!!!7) Reccover your iPhone with iOS 4.1 firmware During the revcovery process you will get error message from iTune something like (error 1004 i think) but dont worry about that… you can use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode (select your phone and press “Exit Recovery” button), and reboot your iPhone and you should have iOS4.1 in your iphone now. Run Limera1n and jailbreak your iPhone… and that is it.Hope this will help some of you out there… but once again, please remember to “Backup your data” first before you try this… please remember… you are trying this at your own risk…
  • D Money
    D Money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    I really want someone else to come up with somethng different. Are we going to be stuck with apple's 3, 4, 5 and so on. I hope Microsoft does something magically good with their windows mobile.