AT&T Offering iPhone Customers Unlimited Data Plan To Stop Them From Switching To Verizon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Offering iPhone Customers Unlimited Data Plan To Stop Them From Switching To Verizon

Competition is always good for customers and looks like iPhone users are going to soon benefit from it with the launch of CDMA iPhone on Verizon’s network.

The Verizon iPhone 4 pricing details that were briefly revealed by Apple today confirmed that Verizon will be offering unlimited data plans to its iPhone customers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Someone
    Someone Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    I think that AT&T is going to have to do a little more than offer the unlimited plan again to keep people from jumping ship. Perhaps undercutting Verizon's data plans a bit and making tethering/hotspot cheaper to use and not charge for extra data... after all, why do we need to pay for data several times. Let us have it and use it as we see fit...
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    1st... I will spread tha word!
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Come on I just need an unlock for 4.1 bb 2.10
  • Someone
    via Wordpress
    You mean 2nd right ;)
  • K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    Yes, confirmed! My brother-in-law ordered online yesterday, even have additional 28% discount off $30 unlimited data. But when he called in to upgrade his expired contract (was on iphone 2G, $20 unlimited data plan), the rep said there is no more unlimited data plan, so I guess, you need to either order online or tell them you going to jump to Verizon.
  • Someone
    via Wordpress
    You should not have to do that. They are going to try to get you to switch plans but all you need to do it tell them that you want to keep things as they are. That is what I did when I got mine even though they tried like hell to tell me otherwise :)
  • xero14
    xero14 Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    when i got the iphone 4 they told me i could keep the unlimited plan i had. i think i did say i was going to tmobile otherwise though.
  • DC
    DC Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I upgrade online and they offered me to keep the same plan with iPhone 4, so I did not have to worry about dealing with them.
  • Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    So what if you have the (total scam) tethering plan? Since you HAD to switch to one of the capped plans to be able to use tethering. Not that I actually use it since the whole plan is a scam anyway...
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    No, he got first. In the fag olympics
  • Manny
    Manny Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Damn so since I got the iPhone in July there's no chance of me getting the unlimited data plan?
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    If they want to be competitive, drop the insanely overpriced text messaging plans to $5 unlimited.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Screw ATT. If they wanted (cared) about their customers they woul've offered this long ago. This proves that ATT is run by greedy gnomes that just care about high profits rather than building a relationship with their customers for long-term. I'm glad ATT's reign over the iphone is over. I myself can't wait to hop over to Verizon and forget about the nightmare that is ATT.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    AT&T is NEVER the leader in price cuts. As a matter of fact at MOST they'll follow suit. If verizon says $20 they might go $20 but never lower. Lessin' T-Mobile does. Like with the 4g and everything else.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Well apparently its an extra $20 on top of whatever the data plan was. I have the iphone plan that was 30 data+multimedia unlimited = $50 for data. That doesn't even include voice mins yet LMAO.
  • Some Guy
    Some Guy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    You're just jealous because you got second place.
  • J.T.
    J.T. Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Success!!!! Waited on hold for about 30 minutes while the operator discussed it with her supervisor. When she came back on the line she said the supervisor said it could not be done. Then I asked her why this was all over the news and indicated I'd be going with Verizon so she went to another supervisor who finally approved it. If you want this plan back, be persistent.
  • Terek
    Terek Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Just to clarify, If I had the unlimited data plan before I down graded and now I wanted it back, will I have to pay extra to switch over to the unlimited plan or its a free upgrade since Verizon is giving is offering the unlimited plan?
  • Atlanta Roofing
    Atlanta Roofing Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I don't think it will stop people from going to Verizon especially if they have bad network coverage...as many people are just frustrated with AT&Tthey should concentrate on making their network better and not on things like this...
  • midkidd
    midkidd Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    **** att&t and **** Verizon but **** att&t more!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    They might offer data plans but that cannot change the fact that ATTs network is really poor.
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    JD power and Associates ranked ATT's customer service the poorest among all for a reason. Even as of today, they're living up to that reputation. I'm dumping them ASAP.
  • Northstar
    Northstar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I hope att gets severely impacted after verizon's existence. That'll teach them. They have been screwing us customers with their poor network. iPhone is way too far ahead of their current network capabilities!!
  • FredFlin
    FredFlin Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    this is actually very fascinating. We need more aggressive competition like this. Good news
  • agrambo
    agrambo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I have 2 iphone 4G lines (one is my daughters) I had switched mine to the 2gig in November and left hers as the unlimited. I just called to have them switched so I have the unlimited and she the 2gig and they did it for me. Took about 20 minutes on the phone but no big hassle.
  • HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress
    Apparently there is a method to use an iPhone 2G to get unlimited data on your new line/account then switch out the sim card or cut it down to fit the iP4.
  • Dreday76
    Dreday76 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    well ijus upgrade my wife contract and she had an iphone 4 but now she have a Blackberry Torch i didnt have to change her data plan and fact they told me it will not change unless she drop below a smartphone.
  • pascal333
    pascal333 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Just be careful cutting down a SIM card...I modified a data sim I bought just to register my new factory unlocked iphone4 I bought on ebay for $1000, and then the the SIM drawer would not open so I could put in a regular SIM to get more than wifi... totally screwed the phone and had to use the Apple warrentee ATT to trade for a locked std. phone worth $600. Big loss.
  • Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I got my plan switched to unlimited and I never even had a unlimited plan. So they are giving the option for the plan.
  • skidmark
    skidmark Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    rocky, what did you say or do in order to get this. i tried and they said there is no way people are doing that.