How To Jailbreak iPad On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Mac]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Jailbreak iPad On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Mac]

Chronic Dev Team released greenpois0n to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G,iPod Touch 3G and iPad.

In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to jailbreak your iPad on iOS 4.2.1 using greenpois0n.

Here are some important points to note before you proceed:

Read the full story here

Comments

• james king
    james king Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I cannot get greenpois0n to actually openthe application will not run, i tried it on 3 different machines.... something is wrong with the fileanyone else have this problem?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I think jailbreaking an ipad makes no sense, it starts hanging.
  • Digit
    Digit Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    it does not work with my iPad.I got that" Faild :( " from Greenpois0n , just after my iPad flashing white, and som writing in black screen white text, then it boots into "connect to itunes" .im kicking it out with tinyumbrella - and everything is orginaly.yes, i have tried to hold down the homebutton alway thru the prosess...anyone have this problem?
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I didn't have any problem jailbreaking my iPad but after the jailbreaking is completed I don't see Cydia icon anyone can help?
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    I ran greenpois0n over a redsn0w tethered JB on my iPad. It worked. Seems to be running fine. I've rebooted a couple of times and all is well.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    When i try to preserv update my firmware to 4.2.1 it get stuck on DFU/Preparing iPhone to restore ... any suggestions?
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Can't get the greenp0ison file to open. Downloaded it multiple times and it just quits
  • james king
    james king Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    sean, It took me all day to figure out why, it is because you are running OS X 10.5and they didnt make a greenpois0n for 10.5 but there is a work around. you need to download some file to get it to run. This took me all day to figure out. do a search and there is a tutorial on how to do thishowever, the greenpois0n jailbreak installs a custom boot logo which is bullshit. i dont want the stupid chronic dev team boot logobe weary
  • James king james
    James king james Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Be careful with greenpois0n .. I posted this on another pageIt’s making my phone buggy.. Look http://yfrog.us/62m90z
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    I ran green poison and half way through the jailbreak, the program crashed. I can't get the phone to restore in itunes now. Help!(I have been using jailbroken iphones since the 1st gen with little problems)
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Use a different mac, I had to use my mac mini instead of macbook pro and worked fine, when I tried to restore that is what i had to do...
  • Zack
    Zack Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    HeyI've tried this on my MCB but no luck, currently running OS 10.6.6I get it into DFU mode, it starts the process and then it just says "jailbreak failed".. any tips/ideas?Thanks
  • Digit
    Digit Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Wow, that fixed my problem. I have to use my MBA, not my iMac... Strange
  • ARE
    ARE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ihave exact problem!!!!!!!!!!!Any HELP
  • Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    me too..i'm running om MBP MC374 OS 10.6.6 i can't jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using GP RC5..i've tried to downgrade/reinstall my OSX to OS 10.6.3 still doesn't work..i've try using my windows bootcamp and start using GP for windows and always failed..but on my friends MBP with same spesification it's work..can you help me how to fix this problem..?
  • Rankvist
    Rankvist Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    10. Once the jailbreaking is complete, you will be prompted to release the Home button.This step is confusing... Am I supposed to release the Home-button when the line in Greenpois0n "Release sleep button, continue holding home button" turns from bold to regular?OR should I keep pressing Home even when the text in Greenpois0n goes regular?
  • ELROY
    ELROY Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    HEY for the PPL that's having problems with cydia after using the 4.1.3 tool. What I did was then runGreenpois0n and it fixed cydia and it's still UNTERTERED!!
  • Denis Boisvert
    Denis Boisvert Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Great job, guys, all is done for me on my Ipad 4.2.1. Everything go like a breeze: Mywi, BTe mouse and I use an Apple dock ofr the keyboard. I don't think I will upgrade the firmaware for a long time. So I can use now my Ipad data plan with others device ! YOUPPPI!
  • Caryn
    Caryn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I still cannot get my iPad jailbroken. I'm following instructions to the letter. Was able to get iPhone done so I'm pretty sure it's not me. Tried on Mac os x 10.6.6 and windows 7 pc. I'm at a loss and it's pissing me off. Lol
  • rnee
    rnee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    this was happening to me as well. you have to follow the instructions. when it says in the beginning to press the sleep(top) button, just press that. then when it says to keep pressing sleep(top) button then press home(round button) press that. I went like a charm if i follow the instructions....Good Luck.
  • Artix
    Artix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress