Verizon iPhone 4 Cellular Signal Strength Also Affected By ‘Death Grip’; Wi-Fi Reception Affected By

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon iPhone 4 Cellular Signal Strength Also Affected By ‘Death Grip’; Wi-Fi Reception Affected By ‘Death Hug’

iLounge is reporting that Verizon iPhone 4 also suffers from signal attenuation problems that was first reported when Apple launched the GSM iPhone 4.

iLounge reports that the Verizon iPhone loses substantial cellular signal strength when held in a ‘death grip’ position like the GSM iPhone 4. They have also noticed that Wi-Fi reception is affected when the Verizon iPhone is held in a different position referred to as the “death hug” something that hasn’t been observed on the GSM iPhone 4.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ryan Anstey
    Ryan Anstey Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hasn't been observed? I've never ran into problems with the death grip, but I do frequently lose my wifi signal while holding it in a weird way trying to watch streaming video (on the GSM iPhone 4).
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    And who holds there phone like that?
  • chris_FL
    chris_FL Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Exactly! And who doesn't use a case either?
  • BoYan
    BoYan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    UR SO FUCKING STUPID MAN WHO THE HELL HOLD THE IPHONE LIKE THAT SO FUCKING IDIOT"S USE THE PHONE NORMAL LIKE ANY OTHERS JERK
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I don't have this problem on my iphone 4 on att. I have to really TRY hard to produce it. Look at how hard he's holding that phone. He's squeezing so hard, his veins are about to pop. It must be a slow news day.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    The world has gone insane,guys we all have lifes and better things to do.The phone has been in the market for hours and we already have geeks like this testing.Screw it,I just want to play with my iPhone 3GS.
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    AT&T iPhone 4 here. I don't use a case and I don't have any issues with signal or dropped calls. I have been using this phone since launch day.
  • This guy
    This guy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    att ip4 user since released. no problems at all, no bumper or case used.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Wait for iPhone 5 to address these issues.
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    being left handed and pref to use a zagg shield rather than a full blown cover/bumper, this can happen (and has happened) to me during calls.just because it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean it's not there.sure I've learned to get around it, but the iphone 4 is the ONLY phone in which i've had to rethink about how I hold my phone. For a phone which is simple to use by design, this is a FLAW.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Ha ha ha ha and so it begins........
  • solferico
    solferico Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Well, I have an iPhone 4 and I'm left-handed. I dis lots of tests about GSM signal, and, yes it's true that signal bars drop, but never dropped a call. And wifi issue is also true with GSM iPhone4. If I hold it in horizontal position with the left hand (having the upper side of the phone against the hand) wifi singal drops a lot. Of course the nearer I am to my hotspot, the lesser the signal drop is. And yes, I do have a case, but, as many users, my case doesn't cover totally upper and lower sides of the phone.Is that a problem? No, it's just as simple as holding the phone the oposite way (with the speakers and port against the hand). Since my cool phone detects position and rotates image, there is no issue...
  • karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Apple clearly haven't learnt their lesson. after the original iphone 4 was released they even had to give away free cases which is embarrassing enough but then for it to happen again!
  • Lynk860
    Lynk860 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wow and then apple has the balls to say it was AT&T network that slowed down the iPhone. Apple has too much fucking pride to admit their defects on the iPhone. So all the fucking verizon fanboys kick rocks without shoes on.
  • Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Who the hell HUGS their phone. What I'm going to do is place my iPhone under my sack and see if there's a reception issue. I will report back with video. Lol. These people need to get real. Nothing is perfect no matter who makes it.
  • Philip
    Philip Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I run a popular iPhone Unlocking and jailbreaking website and we haven't yet had any reports of this. Are you sure it's not just coincidence? My iPhone 4 (Not Verizon) doesn't drop any bars at all when I hold it like this, but i'm on a UK network. Is AT&T part of the problem?
  • Jamie
    Jamie Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    No its the actual phone antennas. Whats your website called?Jamie
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    Rumor has it that the iPhone 5 is going to come with it's own cell phone tower. It will be retractable and use LTE.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    What kind of loser gets a new iPhone and then spends his time trying to find ways in which it is fucked up? Just enjoy your new toy for christ's sake and quit being such a wet blanket. Failing that, do some experiments on signal strength with your Verizon iPhone 4 lodged up your ass.
  • Gohans
    Gohans Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Seriously? What's up with these losers trying to prove this crap? no matter what device you hold on your hands there will always be a decrease of signal strength.If you f#$%^& going to complain about this antenna ****... DONT BUY THE F#$%^& phone you asswipes!!!
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    People needed something to ****, but guess what they will still buy it!!!
  • 68charger
    68charger Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I don't get all this swearing... AnywayI have iPhone 4 in the uk and have tested signal strength a lot and in 'the grip' it looses about 20db. The phone displays five bars until about 80-85db so if you are in a good area of around 60db you will never 'see' signal loss as it will only drop to -80db and still show five bars. On the other hand, as in my case, my 'normal' signal is around 80-85db so when I see five bars 'the grip' takes it down to around one bar. If I see 1 bar 'the grip' takes it to 'searching...' So there you have it. An explanation. For all those that don't 'see it' then check your db level then grip the phone. If your in a strong signal area it's a non issue. If you are in a weak/average area, it becomes an issue.