Apple To Launch iPad 3 In September?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Launch iPad 3 In September?

We’ve heard enough rumors and speculations about the second generation iPad, its time for some rumors about Apple’s third generation iPad.

John Gruber of Daring Fireball who has a good track record when it comes to Apple rumors, has revealed is speculating that Apple is planning to launch the third generation iPad in September this year.

Apple usually follows a yearly product release cycle but according to John Gruber, Apple may be planning to accelerate the product cycle for the iPad.

Read the full story here

Comments

• drumrobot
    drumrobot Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    You have to be f*cking kidding me. You start off by saying that he "revealed that Apple is planning to launch the third generation iPad in September this year", but then said that it was a guess. The first statement is factually incorrect in every way. In addition, his guess doesn't make much sense, as releasing a 3rd generation iPad less than 6 moths after the second version would annoy hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people.
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Planning to get a 2, and this 3 rumor is worthless.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    You're right, have corrected it to say he is speculating. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Doz
    Doz Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Well, I don't see why I should get excited when the necessary features identifiable in other similar device would still be missing in iPad 3 or iPad 3million!
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Launched in September? Nah, I think the production line will start in September
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    What a load of crap! iPad 2 sales would plummet! Everyone would wait the extra few months for the iPad 3 release! I SPECULATE that ipad 5 will be built on Mars and will have the ability to control the human mind! Again, horse ****!
  • Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Ya confusing me and making it harder. If this is true, I think I will wait. Well maybe. I don't no! Geeez
  • Doz Dooze
    Doz Dooze Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well, I don't see why you even come to this site much less post anything.
  • NorGod
    NorGod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    i will wait first to geohot, to realeasw his jailbreak for ipad 2 and then we will see howit goes and if it is too bad, well i will buy the ipad 3 or iphone 5...i should wait for the ipad 5 and iphone 9..
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Boy this makes it a very hard decision to buy the 2 if this comes to fruition. i wonder if Apple would give a good credit if you buy 2 and then turn around and want to buy 3 so soon.
  • Dave Dischord
    Dave Dischord Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Just by the mere mention of a 3rd gen means its probably already 75% developed. That would upset every single iPad 2 buyer. Its like PCs in the 90s. People got tired of their big purchase becoming obsolete as soon as they unwrapped it and sales suffered.
  • iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    and my resources told me that Ipad 4 is coming in next February and Ipad 5 is coming in next June and so on...... Now i m a little confuse here, should i buy the latest version of Ipad now or wait for couple of months till new "latest version" come out?
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    i heard apple was launching ipad 8 next june...i think i'll wait
  • ajamacus
    ajamacus Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I agree with the guy above. There will always probably be a new release within a few months and so on. Just get the one that meets your needs and be happy! One can wait forever for the "best" one. They're all gonna be the best. I'm getting the Ipad 2. If something better comes, I can sell it on ebay and get another one.
  • DoggieMon
    DoggieMon Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It does makes sense, at least to me. The final answer is wether or not it makes sense to Apple, and their answer will come from the sales of the iPad 2. Apple could even go into the middle road and release an iPad 2 HD in September at a premium price if they can secure enough "Retina" displays for a big production run. And it would qualify as a nice surprise to most people. The premium price, screen, and things borrowed from whatever they put into the iPhone 5 and the next iPod Touch could help Apple's bottom line, not alienate consumers who bought an iPad 2 and wouldn't buy the more expensive one, and give consumers more options to buy their preferred device into the holidays.
  • carberam
    carberam Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    With so few upgrades, iPad 2 is a joke. Apple should skip it altogether and go straight to iPad 3.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    If I waited of an iProduct that met my needs, i'd never buy another apple device. If it wern't for Jailbreaking, my iPhone would be collecting dust at the foot of a cupboard somewhere, or i'd have flogged it on fleabay as a designer vibrating butt plug lol.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Or simply just delay the ipad 2 (and during the time of delay, improve it) and move that to September and have it be release on the same day with the ipod. Nuff Said.
  • RockTheFloor
    RockTheFloor Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    BREAKING NEWSSteve jobs son just gave a statement"there would be iphone which will be waterprof,scratch proof,.5 bullet proof,Another key feature is you can fly it with the remote controll provided with it"ETA provided is 30Feb 2011Fukcing awesome...!!!!
  • RockTheFloor
    via Wordpress
    Oh im stupid haha, February only has 28 days....
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Well best buy must love this article. Buy back are going to b a killer for them
  • rbg2
    rbg2 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Could it be that the iPad 3 is a version of the iPad 2 but with support for a different wireless carrier? Just a guess.
  • RockTheFloor
    via Wordpress
    U fucking fag u used my name???It was just a joke thats y i Used 30feb..N the comment has image which rely on the ip address so i m the original RockTheFloor Fcuk u nerd..!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Let Apple removed iPad 2, then what is missing will make it to 3.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    How about this... iPad in September isn't an iPad 3, but hear me out...A CDMA version of iPad. That way Verizon could also be used.To me that makes more sense, you know... Releasing a CDMA and GSM model. I mean when you open the thing up there is just sooo much space to work with. I doubt a CDMA + GSM model would even hurt the space much either....Thats just my guess, but so far I've been almost 100% correct in my guesses with Apple products :P
  • nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    You jackasses are getting upset now that apple might release things too quickly? A new android phone comes out every month. Is that a bad thing? Why not let them release a new ipad every 6 months and you jump in when you are ready? Would you rather have apple make you wait two years for a new version so you feel better about your purchase?I think third generation will be a sweet spot for most people. Should have a significant boost in RAM, multi core CPU, higher res display, higher res camera. And ultimately like the iphone, a lower price by the third generation.
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
  • Tabletpcvision
    Tabletpcvision Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I believe this is just pure speculation.. How can you have a iPad 3, when the iPad 2 is still in the work shop. This would be financially idiotic for Apple, if there is an ipad 3 it will be next year around April , just my guess..
  • Sandy
    Sandy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    ipad 3? All is rumor. ipad 2 is not come out yet!
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress