Sn0wbreeze 2.2 For Windows: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released; F

Comments

• badboykilla
    badboykilla Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    @ nuraj - there are some GPS issues at the moment with 06.15.00. If you really need ur iPhone unlocked then go for it. If not then wait!
  • nuraj
    nuraj Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    thnks badboykilla..!!! one more thing, if i update it with 6.15.00 using redsnow, can i again jailbreak it with snowbreeze so that i will get an untethered jailbreak.. and hence can also unlock it..
  • Jez
    Jez Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Does 2.2 for ipad provide me with cydia app straight off or do i have to do some other thing to install cydia? Happily running jailbroken 3.2.1 so have been reluctant to update
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    This was quick by the JB team.
  • JBer
    JBer Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    what about BB 05.14.02? Can it be unlocked?
  • WarezChewy
    WarezChewy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I have 3GS with baseband 6.15.00 old bootrom Does anyone know if this will fix the GPS issue I miss my TomTom
  • eXistenZ
    eXistenZ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This way of jailbreak activate the iPhone or I will need the oficial carrier SIM to activate on iTunes!?
  • Bermuda Brains
    Bermuda Brains Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    You can update your iPad to 4.2.1 through iTunes as normal, after that you can use greenpoison to J/B. it will add a "loader" app which you can use to install Cydia. It"s that simple. I have done a half dozen iPads and it work great.
  • Icem4n7
    Icem4n7 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Have there been any reported issues with sn0wbreeze? I just used it on my iPhone 4 (upgraded to 4.2.1 from 4.0.1), unlocked and everything seemed fine but when I go to enter in the network settings in the "network" tab it stalls for a very long time before it let's me in; and then the option to edit my network settings isn't there (mms, data, tethering). Is there anything I could do to fix this? (downgrading the firmware being a last resort, and I have it on tmobile) =(
  • sonicpuke
    sonicpuke Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Everytime I use the newer version of Ireb or Ihatesn0w I can't see the text on the buttons, they are always black on black no text that I can seeI get stuck trying to guess which button is which, which isn't a good option when messing around with my $400 phoneI've googled for info on this but didn't find anything? Am I the only one? What the H?
  • UnlockDesp
    UnlockDesp Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Still waiting for a reply...
  • Langzi
    Langzi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 3G was running IOS 4.01 and I jailbroken it with redsn0w and unlocked with BB 6.15.0. Due to some reasons I downgraded to firmware 3.1.3 and stuck on this version now. Can I use Sn0wbreeze upgrade to IOS 4.2.1?
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    I used this last night to upgrade a 3GS (new bootrom) from 4.1 with a baseband for 3.1 or something like that (think I used redsn0w for the 4.1 upgrade...) I did NOT use the hacktivate option, but when it was done, I had no signal at all.I had to use cydia and wireless to download SAM and restore original lockdownd for iTunes to activate the phone before it would work. Installing ultrasn0w (which I don't exactly need because I'm on the official carrier, but I travel a lot so...) made the signal go away again. I uninstalled ultrasn0w and respringed and now it's fine. But looks like there's a problem somewhere...
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    If you know how to use sn0wbreeze, you should be able to update to iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. If you already used redsn0w to update baseband to 6.15.00 then that should stay as it is - and ultrasn0w 1.2 can already unlock that.HOWEVER: I think Apple may in the future be able to detect and disable your device, because an iphone with baseband 6.15.00 is very *obviously* hacked/jailbroken. Your GPS may also stop working.Therefore - it's your choice. Personally, I wouldn't use redsn0w. I would WAIT for a newer version of ultrasn0w which can unlock your 5.14.04 - hopefully coming soon.
  • JhonnyBRAVA
    JhonnyBRAVA Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    how about mine I have Iphone 4 02.10.04 baseband can I unlock it?
  • P
    P Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    How is it buggy? Let us know and maybe we will get a fix for it.
  • rocky choi
    rocky choi Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    my iphone 4 is on 4.1 & baseband 01.59.00 already unlock using ultrasn0w, so if i use sn0wbreeze, to jailbreak 4.2.1 , of course the baseband will be the same 01.59.00, do i need to run ultrasn0w againthanks
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress
    hello guys just a quick one i have a iphone 3g on 4.2.1(8c148) modem firmware is 05.15.04 all i need is to jailbreak it dont need it unlocked just need to get cydia back on my phone thanks rich ps keep up the good work guys
  • JAYSON
    JAYSON Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Something that would be funny is that I go to Sams Club and go to the iPad, I had my netbook (I don't have one!) and then connect the iPad, open greenpois0n, then JAILBREAK IT! Then people come by, I put up a sign that says: "TEST OUT A JAILBROKEN IPAD!" I walk away like nothing ever happened so a sales accosite wouldn't be suspicous.
  • Sallah
    Sallah Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have iphone 4 on 4.1, using baseband preserving mode. I'm unable to restore & keep getting a message (error 1600) from itunes, the device is already in DFU mode as per instructions .... please advise ???
  • Sallah
    Sallah Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Crow
    Crow Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    When using the basement petection mode, it doesnt allow you to use the expert mode options. Does it matter about expert mode options? Is there something I'm missing?
  • V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Facing the same issue buddy :-(
  • ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Very Excellent ... waiting for more >>>>> Th4nx
  • Lavender
    via Wordpress
    Baseband 2.10.04 can't be unlocked. If you can use redsn0w to update the baseband to 6.15.00 (not sure if your baseband is newer than 6.15.00, in which case you wouldn't be able to update) ...you should be able to unlock that - but the 6.15.00 baseband is a very blatant hack. I think Apple will be able to detect it and possibly disable your phone in the future. Also you may have GPS troubles.You can try it, but I think it's best to wait for an update to ultrasn0w, or a new method that can unlock a legitimate baseband.
  • V
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED!!! downloaded sn0wbreeze for the fifth time and changed my lappy's color settings and it worked!!!
  • Lavender
    via Wordpress
    I think it won't fix your problem. Your problem is the hacked baseband - until you can update your baseband, I think your GPS will stay broken-ish. When a newer baseband is released, you may be able to update to it, but it may not be able to be unlocked. Also, if I've understood correctly, there may be a risk of Apple flagging your baseband as a hacked device (iphone with an ipad exclusive baseband) if you connect through them to update - and they might take hostile action! I could be wrong though :P
  • Lavender
    via Wordpress
    Will iphonehacks make a nice friendly guide for iphone3gs windows users to jailbreak and unlock? Pretty please! :D
  • V
    via Wordpress
    Worked flawlessly..iPhone 3gs on 4.2.1 JB with sn0wbreeze with baseband 5.13.02..unlocked with ultrasn0w...:-) Big thanks DEV TEAM..!!!
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress