Mac users: iJailBreak - Another GUI-based tool to Jailbreak iPhone and Install Installer app

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMac users: iJailBreak - Another GUI-based tool to Jailbreak iPhone and Install Installer app

We have another GUI-based tool which will not only Jailbreak the iPhone OS v1.1.1 appropriately named "iJailBreak for iPhone" and will also install the Installer.app which opens the door for you to install the unauthorized third-party iPhone applications fairly easily, to make the iPhone yours. iJailBreak for the iPhone released...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slayter
    Slayter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is anyone else having a problem unzipping this file? It errors out... Missing files

• keymastur
    keymastur Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

nope, works fine for me. like a charm.....

• BigLou
    BigLou Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

How come no one has mentioned anything about pdfviewer version 3? It works with all of my pdfs ranging from 9kb to 123Megs. It works perfect unlike the version 2 or the books.app. http://iphone.natetrue.com// Try it out. It can handle large pdfs unlike safari as well.

• BigLou
    via Wordpress

actually i have a 348 meg scientific american pdf that it works with as well. No crashes as well

• keymastur
    keymastur Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

where can you put pdf files on your mac to work with the application ??

• BigLou
    via Wordpress

you store them on your iphone under /var/root/Media/PDF after you put pdfviewer.app on your phone. Version 3 not 2

• louis Rivas
    louis Rivas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Guess it was meant to be...As I was playing frotz this morning and was in a room a really small room, twisty and windy, I came across a troll. when I typed move west my iphone crashed and asked me to connect to i-tunes...

When I got to my computer I got this e-mail update....Wow! It worked...Will have to wait and see if I can log in with cyberduck when I get home.

It seems no`one has contributed to the dude?

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Worked Flawlessly!!!!!

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know if iFUNTASTIC will work to access the file system on the jailbraked firmware 1.1.1 iphone??

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

what does the TIFF IN THE IPHONES MOBILE SAFARI mean?? im vulnerable to hackers accessing my phone or what??

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

This update is crashing all the time.

Every time I open an app it will crash reopen, crash re:open..Tap Tap evolution doesn’t work...

Re: Eric
    Open up the terminal on your iphone type in “passwd” and change the password to your iphone it will make you feel more secure…

However “Services App” doesn’t work. When turning off edge, wifi and shh, it still works…Wifi can be turned off in the general settings pref… Service Apps doen’t work with the 1.1.1, at least on my phone it doesn’t..

All in all I like it and don’t mind putting up with and experimenting with the i-phone…
    Have fun with your iphone….

The dev team can answer that question:
    http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/TIFF_Buffer_Overflow

I keep getting an error on my iphone. “running out of disk space” please remove some pics or videos to correct.and I have 4 gigs free…

Anyone else get this error…

May go back to 1.0.2

• BigLou
    via Wordpress

Another problem with 1.1.1 is that WIFI internet is slow when I'm making a phone call. Wifi is slow(Edge doesn't work because it has to turn off in order to allow you to connect to the phone call of course). At first I thought the connection just stopped. But, I noticed that a 10K web page I usually access loaded a few minutes later. After the call ended my speeds were normal again. I'm pretty sure I was getting good WiFi speeds on 1.0.2. during a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this problem.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

I hear you biglou..One good thing about the update: I find the battery life is better. Maybe that's because we're not using the wifi that much or connecting to edge....Hummmm

I like the way the screen scrolls to the left....That's much better than before and is better management for the icons.

Can't believe the install was soo easy compared to doing it the other way before...It was podcasting for beginners all over again praying every time the changes that were made to the feed would work...

Then the installer was born..

• gerrydossanto
    gerrydossanto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

if a buy a brand new iphone what do i do to activate it without activating with AT&T

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

I just tried to install and I got this message part way through. what do i do?

mkdir: /Volumes/Snowbird3A109a.UserBundle/Applications/Installer.app/: File exists (1)

• fahmy
    fahmy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am using Ipod touch. anyone can help me to access
    /var/root/Media/PDF.