Sn0wbreeze 2.2: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated To Fix iBooks Issue Reported By Some Users

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSn0wbreeze 2.2: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated To Fix iBooks Issue Reported By Some Users

iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.2r3 for Windows, which apparently uses a new method to fix the iBooks issue that we had reported earlier.

iH8sn0w had released Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows few days back, which allows users who want to jailbreak and also unlock their iPhone to update their iPhone with a pre-jailbroken iOS 4.2.1 firmware while preserving the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Abernacl
    Abernacl Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I used the honeypot.deb file and that worked fine. Then my buddy used the insanleyi repo (I believe that's what it was) for the "iBooks Fix" and that seemed to work fine as well. Does this JUST fix iBooks, or does it trick the phone into thinking it isn't jailbroken? I say this because the Skype warning goes away as well.
  • Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    I want to know about the ibooks fix also. If it makes the phone think that its not jailbroken, this should be implemented into the jailbeaking process....
  • Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Just like the new greenpois0n, this doesn't fix the ibooks issue.
  • Amir
    Amir Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    when i want to restore i'm keep getting error 1600 or 1601 in itunes. how can i fix that?
  • yo
    yo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    dam this too much ill just use att
  • Dagirl
    Dagirl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Here we go again, sn0wbreeze has issues what a surprise. Sn0wbreeze is so buggy. You'll get an error 21 or 1600 when you try to restore to the custom 4.2.1. Then your phone will go into a recovery mode loop. Even previous sn0wbreeze versions for previous firmwares have had this issue ( they came up with ireb).
  • ChazInMT
    ChazInMT Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Thanks to IPHacks and Sn0wbreeze I was able to Jailbreak, Hacktivate, and then Cydia/Ultasn0w unlock my wifes 3gs, 6.16.0, iphone. It took some study since I was new to it, but really was not that difficult.Here's a quick guide.1 Get a 4.2.1 IPSW for the 3gs from apple, or iclarified (Google ipsw, 2nd hit there) and download it, you need this to modify it with...2. Get the ultrasnOw and direct it to the newly downloaded ipsw file. Follow the instructions there to modify the ipsw.3. Ultrasn0w will guide you into getting the iphone in dfu mode to recieve the new hacked ipsw.4. Use i tunes to load the newly hacked ipsw onto your iphone be pressing shift when you click on the restore key in itunes.5. Find the instructions for ultrasnow and follow those to use the newly installed Cydia to pwn yer fone.THANKS 2 ALL. Luv YA!!!!
  • ChazInMT
    ChazInMT Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Titanss
    Titanss Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I have JB with Greenposi0n, if i rejailbreak with Snowbreeze will it restore my stock Baseband?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    No one cares about iPhone users, the baseband 210 was updated in August and its almsot March but no unlock.
  • Titanss
    via Wordpress
    Sorry, 3GS New Bootrom.
  • Amir
    Amir Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    thanks i'll try that
  • trimmer
    trimmer Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Can someone please tell me how to use snowbreeze ? where do i get the ispw 4.2.1 for iphone 4 ??
  • 3g user
    3g user Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    there's something wrong with custom 4.2.1 on 3g.. everytime i switch apps from mustitasking bar, the springboard crashes.pls fix this ih8sn0w dev team..tnx
  • fresh1
    fresh1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Whatsup all, really wanta update my 3GS. I'm currently on 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07 tethered jb with blackrain. I haven't really had any major issues so far. I recently noticed that some of the games require new fw so I think its time to update. It would be nice to have some of the new features of the new ios as well. So the main reason why I want to jb is to have new fw and have an untethered jb. GPS is something thats working good at the moment and I don't want that to screw up, and I want to be able to preserve my baseband so I can Unlock in the future if I want to. I been out of the jb scene for quite awhile and not really sure which method I should use. If updating is going to cause more problems I dunno if I should do it, cause everything is working the way I want it at the moment.
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    this program is amazing and it worked perfectly with my 3gs. i upgraded from 4.0 to 4.2.1 and it works perfectly. baseband is preserved (IN ALL MODES OF sn0wbreeze) and the unlock works perfectly.thanks to the sn0wbreeze developer! nice work
  • HL
    HL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Sorry, but baseband CANNOT be downgraded as of now, most likely forever...
  • Eltepito
    Eltepito Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I used snowbreeze on my i4 bb 01.59.00 and my FaceTime not working it is wating for activatio
  • Titanss
    via Wordpress
    Could not get Sn0wbreeze or Greenp0sion to JB my wife's 3G had to use Redsn0w.
  • Skander
    Skander Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I have iphone 3gs iOS 3.1.3. After selecting the pre-JB file (shift+restore), itunes starts extracting, then I get an "unknown error (21)".Any help ?
  • herbert
    herbert Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi i up date my 3gs to 4.2.1 perfect and it works whit the BB 6.15.00 but youtube dosent work it say youtube can not connect. pleas tell me how it fix
  • K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    hey same thing happened to me. download the newest version of iReb from ih8snow and open it after you have created the new firmware with snowbreeze. you should get a black screen and now be able o restore using he custom FW
  • UltraSnow
    UltraSnow Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Yes I agree. If you jailbreak your iPhone with Snowbreeze you will be having errors with your device.
  • Zaph
    Zaph Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just spent 5 hours trying Sn0wbreeze with a Verizon iPhone 4. FW: 4.2.8. Fail.iTunes gave either Error 21 or Error 1600. dl'd iReb and tried that several times, and in the recommended order, and in other orders. This kid will wait for a more mature solution.
  • Casper
    Casper Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Anyone can help me?After i jailbreak my 3g 4.2.1 from snowbreeze 2.2 it show no courier service!Help!
  • sagar
    sagar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    hi i successfully restored snowbreeze custom 4.2.1 how ever it now shows emergency screen. my phone is 3gs and was previously unlocked with redsnow. plz help
  • Kieran
    Kieran Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    i really want to find the actuall jailbreak link on this page, i have an ipod 2g 4.2.1 are there any reliable jailbreaks
  • zo
    zo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke my iphone 3g 4.2.1 on baseband 5.15.04. The only problem is that I put my AT&T sim in and it wont show up, all its saying is "searching" Please Help! I also tried unlocking with ultrasnow in cydia and that doesnt work either