Apple Rejects Readability’s iOS App Due To Lack Of In-App Subscription Option

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Rejects Readability’s iOS App Due To Lack Of In-App Subscription Option

Apple has just rejected Readability’s iOS application from the App Store as it did not offer in-app subscription option.

Readability is a service, which offers users a clutter and ad-free version of online content for easy reading for $5 per month. Readability in turn gives publishers in the user’s reading list 70% of the membership fee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• badboykilla
    badboykilla Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
  • JAYSON
    JAYSON Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    es, apple is a BIG mess up. They reject apps that add functions to your iPhone, or iPod Touch (also iPad.) i.e: Apple rejected Scratch for putting the function to open .sbj files. They have also rejected VLC Media Player. But VLC made its way to Cydia.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    So apple refuses to carry someone's app because it doesn't meet their guidelines. Big freaking deal! Walmart won't carry my pet pens, but am I complaining?It's THEIR store and THEIR choice which products (in this case apps) to carry. Don't like it? Go sell somewhere else.
  • John
    via Wordpress
    The wonders of a 30 day money back guarantee. Apparently, if apple products don't meet the user's expectations they can return it and buy something else. There's plenty of devices out there that does what you want it to do.If no better alternative is available, then take try developing one for cheaper.
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    If someone had bought an app or integrated it into their workflow in the past and then been affected by a sudden change of the rules now denying them their previous approved app choice, I would definitely expect them to demand compensation.This is why I never buy any apps for my iphone3gs ... I only download free stuff, and even then, pretty sparingly. When my phone contract expires, I'll be trying a different phone.
  • angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Why is makeitmine is not working on firmware 4.2.1 jailbroken by greenposi0n....
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Apple is just making developers go mad.
  • justaguy
    justaguy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Just put my ipad 64gb 3g with unlimited on ebay and yesterday I pre-ordered the Xoom. I just hate having to jailbreak and putting up with Apple stuff like the above.
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    If you sell something through Apple, you have to give them a 30% cut. If you sell something through Readability, Readability asks for a 30% cut. But here Readability wants to do this without having to develop an OS platform. And they call Apple greedy?Can anyone set up a table at a Nordstrom and start selling stuff there? Malls won't even let you do that in their parking lot!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Still, at least all the Fart apps are being accepted.
  • John
    via Wordpress
    If the apps are free, apple takes nothing while the publisher can still earn money through iAds and admob. Apple is within their right to charge a fee for sales generated through their store.What readability is trying to do is take advantage of the free app download through itunes and apple customer database, then make money through it using an outside link to their own website to make the paid sale.How is this fair? Wanna reach apple customers and make money? Pay the fees, they're not that expensive and is in a sense, free advertising. Otherwise, find a different store.
  • Brainystorm
    Brainystorm Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Apple doesn't care about consumer, or if the subscription is better from within the app or not. They really don't, it's the 30% of somebody else's business that seems a great idea to steve jobs. They want to control everything, if you just buy their device, just a phone, that you bought from your hard earned money. Maybe in the future you have to wear iJeans or iT-shirt when you buy an iPhone or even eat iBurger :D.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I say just take out the purchasing from the app like hulu did… Allow purchase online only.