Windows users: TouchFree - GUI based tool to JailBreak iPhone v1.1.1 and install Installer app

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWindows users: TouchFree - GUI based tool to JailBreak iPhone v1.1.1 and install Installer app

"How can I install Installer app on the iPhone OS v1.1.1?" has probably been one of the most commonly asked question from iPhone owners who have Windows. The reason for this is due to the fact that we have not seen any instructions to install the cool Installer app on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• surfingchris
    surfingchris Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

whats the program called that does it for macs... or is it still done manually

• LnP
    LnP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • surfingchris
    surfingchris Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

uh yea i tried that i followed the guide from modmyiphone wiki exactly and it said could not perform it

• grkfire
    grkfire Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Glad to contribute! I've personally tried this method twice on my iPhone and it's worked great both times. Credits to the developer of this great little piece of software!

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I tried this - did a fresh restore prior to doing it. Downloaded software.
    This software wiped me out - did step one - went to step two - support to direct safari to a site- after this said unable to move to step three.
    Here is the crapy part - not only was I unable to jailbreak my phone - later went back to iTunes and it prompted me to do a restore. But ... Wouldnt let me do it told me some
    error code. I had to basically hold both buttons down until it said connect to iTunes. I then was told to do a restore which it wouldnt let me do gave me another error code. I rebooted of - iPhone was able to restore it.

Bottom line for me was terrible thought I just trashed my iPhone. Even though 3rd party apps are so cool - may wait I didn't feel it worked for me. :(

• Muero
    Muero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Brilliant! Worked perfectly with my iPhone 1.1.1.

• WesLo
    WesLo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Wow! I did this about 20 minutes ago, and it worked flawlessly! I didn't even restore my iphone before i did it. I left all my music/videos on and it still worked first try. Now i have everything i had in 1.02! Thank you millions!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

To the programers - looks like it is working great for some not so good for others? Any known bug with the going from step two (going to site) then clicking ok and says unable to complete?? Was so excited and was bummed when I couldn't get apptapp. Back. Mine for sone reason doesnt register with the software i went to the site/even though i did?? Its very frustrating. Any one else stuck at that point?
    I guess keep waiting. : /

• turk
    turk Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i tried doing this and unfortunately not only did the program not work right, but now i cant sync my phone with itunes. the phone wont pop up under itunes. does anybody know how to fix this im going crazy lol. any help would be greatly appreciated you can reach me at turk2303@hotmail.com or lancer2330 on aim. thanks

• turk
    turk Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I just realized that now my ipod part on my iphone doesnt work either. i have to go to apple tomorrow and act like i have no idea what happened to my phone and hope they give me a new one cause it partially bricked my phone. i dont recommend this stupid program to anyone. again any help would be appreciated.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Didnt work for me, was stuck at step 2, the program just kept saying reading disk, never got any further, left it for like an hour. I'm gonna wait until they come out with a better one

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey turk,

Sorry to hear that the tool resulted in bricking your iPhone.

I just found some information in the forum thread on this tool which you might find useful. It basically says that if you hit some issue after jailbreaking, restoring your iPhone should solve your problems. The instructions are as mentioned below:

NOTES ON RESTORING
    ------------------

You can restore at any time during or after the jailbreak process. Your iPod will be in a fresh, un-jailbroken
    state.

If you're having trouble restoring your iPod, first put it into recovery mode:

- Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac or Windows computer.
    - Press and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously for about 20-30 seconds,
    until you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle accompanied by
    the text "Please Connect to iTunes."
    - Now try to restore with iTunes.

If you're still having trouble, a reboot of your computer is often helpful.

Link to the forum thread below:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=367947

Thanks for giving your feedback on the tool for the benefit of other readers, on behalf of the readers we really appreciate it. I have also updated the post accordingly for everyone's reference.

I hope the above instructions will help you in resolving the problem.

cheers!

• C-Well
    C-Well Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had some problems where some of the apps such as the iPod one would stop working totally. After using this jailbreaking procedure 4 times or so to no avail ( I even let it try to patch the flash image 1000 times ). Following these failed attempts I figured out what I believe is the correct procedure for jailbreaking the iPhone with the TouchFree program.

First off you need to restore your iPhone, yes it sucks but it worked. BUT WAIT at the end of the process don't restore your contacts, etc to the phone, simply leave it in a "new" state with no pictures, texts, etc on it. (I tried 4 times, the time i didn't do this it worked perfectly)

Disconnect your iPhone and close iTunes.
    Start TouchFree, do what it says, and everything should run smoothly.

After it's gone through all of its procedures and you have the installer app and summerboard app on the phone (this means they show up on the main screen), then go start up iTunes and restore your contacts and whatever else you have. Then after thats finished, sync it and everything should be back to normal, with the exception that you can use third party apps now.

I hope this helps some people, because it seems like a few of you were having exactly the same problems I was.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Definitally don't do this, I had the same problems as 'turk'. It got stuck at step two while "Reading Flash Memory". iPod doesn't work anymore, and whenever you plug it into your computer iTunes doesn't see it.

"- Press and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously for about 20-30 seconds"

That doesn't do what it is supposed to anymore. All it does is shut down the iPhone/restart it normally. I'm preety screwed here, if anyone figures out a real solution (way to restore this) please email me at undrgrnd59@gmail.com .

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Update: I don't know what happened to be honest, but I somehow got the sucker to appear in iTunes. If you manage to do that, click off 'set up as a new phone' and it will give some error eventually. Then you get the option to restore! Phew!

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

i had the same problem (not being able to sync to itunes) but i saved my phone by using the instructions from
    http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716
    it only took about 10 minutes to get my iphone back to normal

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

i had the same problem (not being able to sync to itunes) but i saved my phone by using the instructions from
    http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716
    it only took about 10 minutes to get my iphone back to normal

• david2
    david2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I did this and it work very well. I used a VIsta PC and loaded all required software (Net3). Now I have every just like 1.0.2. Including my past settings for some apps. Thxs

• Paul
    via Wordpress

I tried this, it hangs on Step 2 with several attempts to read flash memory and write to the phone. After closing the GUI I could no longer sync. Had to go into recovery mode and restore the phone. Then tried again fresh. Same result. Something about this GUI is not very stable, I will wait for another Windows based jailbreak procedure that doesn't lend me to bricking my iphone.
    Good luck, Paul

• WeesLo
    WeesLo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I posted that this worked 100% perfect with my iphone a few days ago, even without a restore beforehand. I have noticed that after doing it, several programs will randomly crash. Like Safari, iPod, Installer, and even eMail. So, i dont know if this is an independent problem, or a bug.

• Paul
    via Wordpress

Had the same problem as weeslo my mail would crash sometimes after attempting the jailbreak process. I got stuck at step 2 reading flash memory. Had to try a few times to restore my iphone. They need to work on a GUI interface jailbreak using dev team process for windows, like independence but for window users.

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

it worked everything for me but when i try running a thirdparty app they start but then they exit by themselve...and i cant use none of the apps

• gil
    gil Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

didnt get passed second base. this program is unstable and not trustworthy.

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

Downloaded touchfree, installed, worked great until I installed the apps that come with it, after that my bottom row of icons moved to top, uninstalled apps one at a time to try to fix it and rebooted each time. The last app uninstalled would not let ipod touch boot past the funny colored apple. Itunes took forever to recognize my Ipod, but it did. Clicked on restore. When the 156mb file finished downloaded it wouldn't install, held the standby and button on face until it powered down and powered up and finally went to the plug it in screen. Tried to restore again and it worked. I am back to an unbroken, unjail-broken ipod. Once my heart returns to a safe beat I will try again.

• PCGuRu2K
    PCGuRu2K Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Just downloaded the v6 touchfree and Jailbreak'd my iphone. I was running v1.0.2 Jailbreak'd and activated through ATT. I went to itunes and did a restore and update to v1.1.1 firmware. Then I installed the tocuhfree and ran that. A few min's later I had a jailbreak'd v1.1.1 Iphone. Works flawlessly!!!

• Eduardo
    Eduardo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

did not work on my iphone.. :(
    went through all the steps but did not restated automatically at the end..

• DJ
    DJ Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

i tried all of this and now my iPhone is completely bricked. i have att and now when i plug my iphone into the computer it jus shows an error message... and my iphone is showing a whole bunch of commands an at the end it says goodbye. this is really frustrating... can anyone help me and my iphone?!?!

• GRiM
    GRiM Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I literially just finished applying touchfree to my iphone and I am so happy. It works and it was so easy.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Man - still no solid program/ to JAILBREAK 1.1.1 for Windows users. Touchfree BEWARE caused me tons of problems.

Anyone know of a way to Jailbreak 1.1.1
    To get atttapp for Windows other than this terrible program??

I guess keep waiting, and waiting

• Geobum
    Geobum Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Touchfree easy to install but unstable afterwards the apps and even the ipod exits by itself, I went back and restored it to 1.1.1

I also used Idemocracy and that almost bricked my phone i was in an endless loop where it kept saying plugin to itunes to activate but itunes will not see my iphone i finally ater runing the RW PART of Idemocracy itunes recognized my iphone , I just went back to 1.1.1 ill wait till theres a better hack