Apple's COO Hints At Cheaper iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's COO Hints At Cheaper iPhone

Forbes reports that Bernstein Research analyst Toni Sacconaghi apparently had a meeting with Apple COO Tim Cook, CFO Peter Oppenheimer and VP of Internet Services Eddy Cue last week.

The analyst reports that Apple’s COO suggested that it is "likely to develop lower priced offerings" to expand the iPhone market.

Forbes reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    This is a good strategy for apple. One thing the android phones have over apple is that they cover all demographics. From power users to the entry level smartphone, it is important to satisfy each segment. This will surely take market share away from other phone manufacturers.
  • Kain
    Kain Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    @Pete. I couldn't agree with more. Nicely put without the BS.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    I don't know. On one hand I agree with Pete. On another hand, I'm thinking, 'bang for the buck, iphone is an amazing deal for two hundred bucks'. I've noticed they've been pushing the 8gig 3GS for fifty bucks all over the place and can't help but wonder if they're doing that to test the market...see how that will do, and if they increase sales of the 3GS enough, they'll release another version of iphone. Also what about the devs? Won't they have to come up with newer versions since screen size will differ?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Tim Cook wont take the calls, Steve Jobs will so no Nano iPhone.
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Eh....>.> I doubt I'd WANT a cheaper iPhone....I'm too used to the whole set up now and I love it, but I suppose for those who wouldn't buy an iPhone unless it was cheaper it's a decent solution...
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Something people probably thought the iPod mini would never take off. It would have to be significantly lower spec to work.
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Id love a cheaper iphone I cant afford any of the iphones at the minute, id buy a cheaper iphone just for the music side...im not fussed about internet or apps......over the last few years music based phones nokia and sony have got alot worse, i had the nokia 5800 and i hated it i could not hear my music unless im sitting in a place with complete silence
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    also again as i said not every one has a well paid job why should we have to do with out,so thumbs up for a cheaper iphone and the mac mini
  • No Kia N9 rocks
    No Kia N9 rocks Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Oh no, the beginning of the end is downgrading!I really dont want middle-of-the-road iphones with price tags of cheap bentley's giving the fake impression you own a premium product.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Screw this new and great idea.Apple likes developing with a few minor changes,and re-sell and re-invent the same over and over.
  • Meidas
    Meidas Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone know if he gonna have live stream from tomorrow's Apple conference?
  • Behy
    Behy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well, that's the point. Apple doesn't plan the cheaper iPhone for USA. As it was stated on some another web page, the cheaper phone is going to target countries which dont want two -year contracts when buying an iPhone. They want to make alternative to the low cost android phones which are popular among Europeans. The main point is that you guys who still want a biger phone stay with bigger phones, and the rest of the world could also use iPhones but for a lower price and ofc with some stuff excluded compared to the bigger brother.