Apple To Launch iPad 2, Cloud-based MobileMe Tomorrow; iPad 3 Later This Year?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Launch iPad 2, Cloud-based MobileMe Tomorrow; iPad 3 Later This Year?

Apple is expected to unveil the 2nd generation iPad at tomorrow’s media event.

Cult of Mac reports that in addition to iPad 2, Apple will also debut its long rumored cloud-based MobileMe service, which will allow users to upload their music, TV shows and movies to Apple’s servers so that they can access them from various devices.

Cult of Mac reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• marp
    marp Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    3Gs and iPad user here. I'm currently waiting for the iPhone 5 and will certainly wait for the iPad 2 (maybe 3). Just not enough "new features" to justify the costs...
  • Neil
    Neil Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
  • Neil
    Neil Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Really? U deleted my first??
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    If jobs is planning an appearance, why would he bother for a 'speed bump'? Surely, a health risk would only be worth it for the real deal iPad 2? Apple won't release 1.5 then a redesigned iPad later this year, thats crazy business strategy!
  • Bruce Lee
    Bruce Lee Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    **** happens...... Where's MuscleTurd when you need him!!!?
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    There will be no iPad 3 later this year. I would bet the house on that one!!!
  • trig
    trig Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i hate to say it, but iPad 1.5 now and iPad2 later makes a lot of sense : (
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    What would be the point of apple launching two products the same year, based on what apple has done before, they are going to wait till next year. Its just not fair to people that have been waiting for the ipad 2 for a long time, to tell them that there will be a third. A year later is fine, i would most likly buy it, but i think that i pad 2 will be the only product this year. Cant wait till tomorrow.
  • ohjayp
    ohjayp Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Yes, a pointless business strategy. Apple has never done this with any of it's touchscreen idevices. It would only hurt sales, why buy any thing when the better version is comming in a few months?
  • ohjayp
    via Wordpress
    An apple staffer!? Bahagagahahahaha. Is that the guy you ask, "how much ram does this MacBook have" and he says I'm not sure, let me go ask someone. Haha Staffers.
  • ohjayp
    via Wordpress
    No a staffer is that kid standing there flirting with the little girls playing with the photo booth app. Trying to impress them by saying, " yeah baby this thing has a 20 giggapixel hd cam."
  • mdlooker
    mdlooker Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Okay let me ask a uninformed question here..I'm assuming tomorrow's announcement is closed to only the invitees. So if that's the case, how soon will the feed be available to the general public? Are we getting the informtion through rss? Thanks for anyone that can help.
  • JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    it makes plenty of sense. the ipad was an inferior product to begin with buy releasing 2 product will help open markets to other groups of people as the second model will be be cheaper or base model that people will actually be able to afford. people are staying away from the ipad because of its heftly features when u can get a netbook 300. im sure the production cost of this new ipad will be pretty cheap and apple will make a killing once the 3rd ipad comes out and they drop it to like 400 dollars.
  • Petter, norway
    Petter, norway Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The rumors about iPad 3 could be correct but i think that will be a hybrid of iPhone 5 and Ipad 2. Like 7" Retina display, and ability to make calls.I am looking forward to se what Ipad 2 brings later today. My hope is that there will be 2 x 30 pin connectors one in bottom an one on the side.I don't need USB or SD card and i guess there will be none of those.With wifi spot in Ios4.3 on my iPhone 3 GS I don't need a Ipad with 3G either..
  • Petter, norway
    Petter, norway Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi stan,Have it crossed your mind that Apple might launch a hybrid of iPhone 5 and iPad 2?In that way they are not stepping on someones toes.."iPad 3" might be a 7" "iTab" ;-)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    iPad 3 will be kick ass if what we expect from iPad 2 comes.