iPhone Hackers release New & Improved Installer App v3.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Hackers release New & Improved Installer App v3.0

If you have been keeping a close watch on developments in the iPhone hacking space you would have heard of the cool Installer.app or AppTap iPhone application which simplifies application management, i.e. installation and uninstallation of unauthorized third-party iPhone applications on your iPhone over Wi-Fi. Nullriver, the iPhone hackers who...

Read the full story here

Comments

• No jailbreak?
    No jailbreak? Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

are they planning on making it without the jailbreak... thats the only reason i got it with firmware 1.0.2 was because i didn't have to jailbreak

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

it runs very slow, I should of passed on this update.

• accucore
    accucore Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

After updating and running the app... I cannot exit the application. The home button when pressed does nothing. Anybody experiencing this bug?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Please help me on this IPHONEHACKS. I have been so eager to load 3rd party applications but seems to be stuck still because I am waiting for a better installation of the installer apps without having to jailbreak my fone because a lot of the features may not work when I try to jailbreak it. That will leave my fone a dud. Are they coming out with a non-jailbreak method?what does Apple entails for that so called SDK apps? What is forseen during that month as Steve Jobs quoted? Will this be a better solution for us iphone owners or continue to stay with 3rd party apps? Need detailed clarity on these. I know many of us PC owners are left on the dust with application updates. Keep up the good work in making everything better and easier.

Thank You

• pc guy
    pc guy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

My question is - if I have firmare 1.1.1
    at&t for service - and a windows pc - is there not
    any method to jailbreak my phone? I really want
    my 3rd party apps back.
    Please help us pc owners.

What options do we have? Is it sit and wait??
    Can anyone answer this.

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Guys,

Here is a response to some of your queries:

Question:
    are they planning on making it without the jailbreak? - by mike
    Are they coming out with a non-jailbreak method? - by pc guy

Answer:
    I have just updated the post, Nullriver is yet to release a version of their AppTap application which will work with iPhone OS v1.1.1 as in case of iPhone OS v1.0.2 it jailbreaked the iPhone for you to help you install Installer.app.

But I am sure they will releasing AppTap which works with iPhone OS v1.1.1 soon.

We have also not seen any instructions to install Installer.app for Windows users, so the advice would be to wait either for the instructions or the latest version of AppTap which will work with iPhone OS v.1.1.1.

cheers!

• grkfire
    grkfire Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

@PC guy

I'm someone that was in your exact situation and I installed 1.1.1 over a week ago with a GUI guided jailbreak. Called Touchfree. It's actually for the iPod touch but it worked flawlessly on my iPhone. Really easy process. There is a new alpha version out which requires only 1 restart, but I didn't use that one. I used ver.06

It also only installs Installer & Summerboard automatically. Which then you can update straight on the iPhone, no SSHing or anything.

Check it out!

• grkfire
    via Wordpress

Forgot to post a link, actually, linked it to my name...oops.

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/

• Oliver Bujdoso
    Oliver Bujdoso Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

PC users:
    Come to the light - get a Mac and end your countless computer problems!!!

• raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

can i use this to downgrade to 1.0.2

it says in the downgrade to 1.0.2 instructions run apptap .......is this the one?

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!

• pc guy
    pc guy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hey thanks for the tip -

I followed the insructions exactly-
    When running touch free on step two
    It says dirrect my safari browser to a specific link - i did - it opened then closed. When I hit continue to step 3 it says I didnt do step two, and complete step two ( dirrecting it to a web site )?

Anyway may just wait -

I should have never downloaded 1.1.1

• grkfire
    via Wordpress

@PC Guy

Did you do a restore to 1.1.1? Make sure you restore firmware to original state before you start the jailbreak. (make sure to backup)

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I just installed the installer and I also couldn't get back to the home screen. I restarted my phone and it works just fine now. Why do they recommend using firmware 1.1.1 in the main screen ( see the screenshot ) but said it is not for 1.1.1 ??

• grkfire
    via Wordpress

Also forgot to mention to make sure to turn off any itunes/ipod programs running in the background in the task manager. Such as ipodservice.exe & such.

• jboy
    jboy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I also used touchfree on my iPhone and it worked great! It put apptap on the phone and summerboard. I can't believe how easy it was. Really good software!

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey grkfire,

Thanks a ton for the tip and you have just made it to iPhone Hacks homepage.

Jboy, thanks for your feedback on TouchFree.

You can read the article on TouchFree @ iPhone Hacks here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphonetouchfree.html

cheers!

• Michel
    Michel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I have firmware 1.0.2 and updated the installer version 3 . Its working fine but I can never return to home unless I turn it off and once back on its OK.
    Should I keep it that way or go back to the previous version?

• pazzia
    pazzia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

4 all that upgraded to new Install 3.0 and are in trouble (disapper Installer Icon, reinstall older version etc.), here the free solution:
    iFuntastic 4.0
    it works very fine for iPhone 1.0.2 with Mac Os X 10.4.9+

• cainam
    cainam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hello

i have a big problem, i had installed some apps wit the installer vers 3, now i don't see the installer symbol becouse there are more than 16apps and it is nr 17... so i can't install or uninstall apps... what can i do? thanks

cainam

• dmo
    dmo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem as cainam. I can't access my installer.app. help. :(

• Hali
    Hali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a 1.1.2 iphone jailbroken and was installing my apps but now installer icon disappeard please HELP!!

• Niranjan kumar
    Niranjan kumar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ziphone GUI is unlocking the new iphone3g 2.0 pls tell me ?

• graham
    graham Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

hey I have the old version of installer and I
    want the new one. can I update to the new
    version without a computer? if I would like
    to know. my email is graham_pa1222@yahoo.com
    u can email me with answers.thanks!!!=]