Apple Developing 4G LTE iPhone?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Developing 4G LTE iPhone?

Reuters reports that China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou has told them that Steve Jobs’ Apple’s CEO has expressed interest in developing an iPhone that supports its next-generation 4G TD-LTE mobile network.

Reuters reports:

China Mobile Ltd, the world's largest mobile carrier by subscribers, said on Friday that Apple Inc Chief Executive Steve Jobs has expressed interest in developing an iPhone based on the Chinese carrier's network standard.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Most of world can't use 4G so no... would be nice, but not a deal breaker by far...maybe iPhone 6 as then more places it will be widely available, I mean in America for instance, you can struggle to get 3G connections in some places for crying out loud, and now you want 4G when 3G hasn't even got full coverage yet?Would be nice, but not exactly necessary at this point in time...
  • Smart Fix
    Smart Fix Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    wow i cant wait, this should be very exciting to see a lte iphone in china!
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    4g is a joke right now. Until it's better developed, it's practically useless. A friend of mine with an evo using the native speed test app got a download speed of 5mbps. When I directed him to dslreports.com for a speed test, he only managed to get 800kbps! Using the same test on my iphone 4 at the exact same spot on 3g, I got 1.2mbps. Talk about fake 4g. We ran a series of 3 tests and it's not conclusive but it painted a picture that he didn't wanna see.Talk about real world experience and fake native speed testing apps that lie to the user. He then setup his hotspot and I connected to it. I then ran a speed test ON his 4g hotspot and got a whopping 200kbps.. What a joke. Pages loaded ridiculously slow. On HIS phone AND mine.Don't always believe the hype.
  • asger
    asger Posts: 49
    via Wordpress
    I live in Denmark and we just got the 4G-network :)So it would be nice to use that network :D dealbreaker? njaaaargh.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    I'm on AT&T so I don't care. I don't think that the 5 is going to be a huge jump from the 4. Maybe a dual processor and more RAM. I hope that iOS5 has widgets but iOS5 should work on 4s so it's still no reason to get a 5.
  • smartfuck
    smartfuck Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    i NEED 4G TO STREAM MY **** FSTER ON IPHONE, I HATE THAT IT CUTS WHEN IT GETS IN THE ACTION, THEN SLOWLY MY **** GETS UNHARD, UGH THAT SUCKS!
  • MicrokiaSucks
    MicrokiaSucks Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Im sure we all dont want smartfuck's **** to get unhard...whatever that means so i will facetime Steve J. on my ipad2 and ask him to put some serious pressure on the providers to roll out their LTE-advanced mobile networks as humanly possible. The iphone 4G is already being tested by the apple engineers on a restricted Verizon 4G private network. In store by june 22nd, 2012. Keynote is planned on may 30th, 2012 at 12pm pacific time.
  • smartfuck
    smartfuck Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    THNKS MICROKIA! AT LEAST SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! I BET THAT HAPPENS TO YOU TOO SO WE NEED FASTER DATA! PLUS, I CANT CUM IN THE END WHEN IM SITTING IN THE TOILET WATCHING IPHONE **** BECAUSE I HAVE THE VERIZON IPHONE. THANKS ALOT VERIZON!
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    4Gs More RAM and Dual processor. and, NFC. That's all. and, iOS 5. Maybe, 5 in 2012. it will update so much such as 4G Network. Even they developt 4G, it is useless yet.
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    Its a joke that all the cell companies can advertise for a network that doesnt exist and the FCC turn the other cheek
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Let 3G go full availability and then we can talk about 4G.