How To Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (iOS 4.2.1)

2»

Comments

• GO
    GO Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Excellent instructions. I jail-broke my 3G phone with PwnageTool then unlocked it with ultrasnOw. It worked great. Step-by-step instructions were 100% spot on. Once I found this page it was all easy. Thanks x3. GO
  • L Ross
    L Ross Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Same issue. My 3G will not let me install the newly created ipsw.
  • L Ross
    L Ross Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It is not the latest itunes. I cant get it to install my new ISPW even with an older version of itunes.
  • Jawn
    Jawn Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I tried using redsn0w to jb my 3g with 4.2.1 and 05.15.04 and it works except I can not use my phone service. I'm not doing an unlock because I've read that the 5.15.04 is cannot be unlocked. I've tried rstoring in iTunes and setup a new phone and nothing works. I have to keep going to the retore from a previos sync. This is the website I used for instructions http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12949&laid=
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    when ever apple puts out a new version you cant update with and old version on a 3gs or 4 you need to save your ssh blobs at cydia and itunes will check their server instead of apple
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    because firmware 4.3 is out
  • leon lu
    leon lu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My friend helped me jailbreak my phone, version 4.2.1(8c148),firmware 03.10.01. I already had the customized built and tried it on my other same iphone. I restored the built and got the error message (the device isn't eligible in the built..something like this). Itunes version 10.1.2 Can anyone help me with this?
  • Romania
    Romania Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i have an iphone 4...it is jailbroken with cydia and everything..firmware 02.10.04. I got the phone in the states, and unlocked it. I live in Europe(Romania), and it will not work with the sim card here. I had an iphone 3g before from the states and it worked fine here when it was unlocked...what am i doing wrong???The top left corner says "no service". would appreciate any help :)Thanks!
  • ranno
    ranno Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    With the errors mentioned by Raid and L Ross and reading 'because firmware 4.3 is out', does this mean it is no longer possible to jailbreak 3G with these instructions now that 4.3 is out?
  • sagar
    sagar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    simply awesome..ur lifesavers!!
  • acu
    acu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It worked great. I just bought a 3g (running: 2.2.1, and BB: 02.30.03) and was able to follow the above instructions, preserving the original baseband. It runs a little slow (understandable considering the slower processor), but otherwise, quite acceptable.Now it's on: 4.2.1, running BB: 2.30.03Next, can someone point me to a link to upgrade to a newer recommended baseband and to unlock it? Thanks much.
  • Gernot
    Gernot Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Have an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0 bb 05.13.04 pnwed and unlocked, but AppleCare here in Thailand upgraded my iTunes from 9.2.1 to 10.5 I believe (while replacing the screen; WTF?). I never opened the new iTunes, uninstalled it, and reinstalled 9.2.1, but now iTunes says it can't read my iPhone 3G (nor my iPod Touch 1G). So I decided to upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 with PwnageTool 4.2, but I get a warning from iTunes 9.2.1 that it can't support the iOS version. Tried installing iTunes 10.1.2, but the installer crashes immediately after entering my admin password. Tried upgrading iTunes on my wife's Mac past 9.2 to 10.5.3, and that crashes also. 10.6.1 installed, but crashed every time as soon as I launched it. Went back to 9.2 on her mac and it works fine. What version of iTunes should I use to jailbreak my 3G (previously jailbroken at iOS 4.0 under iTunes 9.2.1, and how can I get around the install crashes?Thanks!
  • Gernot
    via Wordpress
    So I went ahead and jailbroke and unlocked with iTunes 9.2.1. The phone is unlocked and working, but can't sync with iTunes. iTunes says I have to update to at least 10.1, but no matter what version of iTunes 10 I try to install, the installer crashes immediately after typing in my admin password. I have tried 10.1, 10.1.2, 10.2.2, and 10.5.3. I read somewhere that this may be a perl problem, but "which perl" returns the correct "/usr/bin/perl" in Terminal.Thanks!
  • Gernot
    via Wordpress
    Oh, and I repaired disk permissions as well. Will try to re-install OSX (10.6.8) now.
  • Gernot
    via Wordpress
    Re-installed OSX 10.6.8, still can't install iTunes 10.x. I was avoiding 10.6.1 because its only a few days old and problems reported, and also because with jailbroken iphone 3G under 9.2.1 you were told never to upgrade iTunes unless there was a go-ahead from dev team, so going all the way to the newest iTunes while installing a rather old iOS 4.2.1 seemed risky. I could find no more mention of iTunes versions in the jailbreak instructions, only to "download the newest iTunes", but then the instructions were written when each iOS version was new, so the newest iTunes at the time was of course the correct one, so that did not make me feel very confident. However, the installer for each iTunes 10.x before 10.6.1 I tried crashed as soon as I put in my password, so I finally gave up and tried 10.6.1. In case it helps someone, let me state explicitly that upgrading iTunes to 10.6.1 works so far with iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1, bb 05.13.04, jailbroken and unlocked.
  • ganesh
    ganesh Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Sir,I'M HAVING PROBLEM FOR CALLING WITH MY 3G AS I JAILBRAKED IT FROM REDSNOW IT WAS ON 4.2.1 with BASEBAND 6.15 NOW MY MOBILE IS ON IOS4.1 WITH 6.15 BB BUT WHEN I MAKE CALLS THROUGH IT .SHOWS """CALL FAILED""" .WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP ME ..PLZ PLZI AM NEW WITH THIS TYPE OF JAILBREAK AND ALL THAT.
  • ganesh
    via Wordpress
    WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO JAILBREAK AND MAKE READY TO USE MY IPHONE 3G HAVING IOS 4.1 BB 6.15 PLZ HELP ME SOME ONE PLZZZZZ.......IT IS SHOWING """"CALL FAILED"""" WHEN I'M CALLING.THANKS IN ADVANCE.
  • ganesh
    via Wordpress
    WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO JAILBREAK AND MAKE READY TO USE MY IPHONE 3G HAVING IOS 4.1 BB 6.15 PLZ HELP ME SOME ONE PLZZZZZ…….IT IS SHOWING “”"”CALL FAILED”"”" WHEN I’M CALLING.IT WAS ON IOS-4.2.1 BUT DOWNGRADED BY MISTAKE FRM ME..I USED REDSNOW PLZ HELTHANKS IN ADVANCE.
  • ganesh
    via Wordpress
    WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO JAILBREAK AND MAKE READY TO USE MY IPHONE 3G HAVING IOS 4.1 BB 6.15 PLZ HELP ME SOME ONE PLZZZZZ…….IT IS SHOWING “”"”CALL FAILED”"”" WHEN I’M CALLING.IT WAS ON IOS-4.2.1 BASEBANG 6.15 BUT DOWNGRADED BY MISTAKE FRM ME..I USED REDSNOW PLZ HELP ME .THANKS
  • Doug
    Doug Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    have you install latest version of ultrasnow from cydia?