iPhone 5 To Get Aluminum Back Panel, Redesigned Antenna, Apple's New Dual-Core A5 Chip?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 5 To Get Aluminum Back Panel, Redesigned Antenna, Apple's New Dual-Core A5 Chip?

Japanese blog Macotakara, which in the past has provided accurate details about upcoming Apple product launches, reports that Apple may abandon the glass back panel of the iPhone 4 and may use an aluminum back panel for iPhone 5.

The back of the first generation iPhone was made of aluminum, which was quite popular with users compared to the black plastic back panel of iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.

Macotakara reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Aluminum backs are the way to go.
  • Ciprian Biris
    Ciprian Biris Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    it will look like an iPhone 4 :)
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
    In my opinion, the glass looks much nicer but the aluminum is the way to go for Apple. They're gonna do the whole unibody deal and slim down once again. Even if you think it's ugly, you'll probably end up putting a case on it anyway.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Aluminum or any other material is fine with me. Just stop making the iphones so got dang fragile Apple!It'd be nice to not have to put a protective case on one for a change.
  • its me
    its me Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    aluminum back is ok that back glass, but i really like the design of iphone 4 . they should make a few design that people can choose... that would be awesome
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
  • al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    You wouldn't have problems with the phones cracking and breaking if you'd get a case for it, folks! I've NEVER had one break or scratch, because I protect it with an Otterbox. Protect your investment.Now, as for me on the casing, I like aluminum because it's more durable and looks classy.
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    I like the flat backed, black glass iPhone 4. Best looking iPhone by far. The 1st gen iPhone looks so outdated compared to iPhone 4.Apple won't bin the antenna design, it would be like finally admitting they screwed up, they'll just improve it some more. It may not have been recommended by certain companies, but people still went mad for it and bought it despite the issues!
  • Jayydoggy
    Jayydoggy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
  • On
    On Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Titanium is the way to go
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    Damm iPhone 5 on the way...People didn't even use iPhone 4 yet lol
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    I like each design, but I do prefer the first gen best. Aluminum back that laid flat, rounded edges. Yeah, do that again, Apple!
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Please Apple! Release the brushed metal back in colors. I know it probably won't happen until iPhone 6 :(
  • Cliff
    Cliff Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I think the glass back looks much more modern, along with the unrounded edges. Apple should just strength the glass and improve their painting methods. I would be very disappointed if apple returned to their original design and might not buy an iPhone 5 over it.
  • AG
    AG Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I've always preferred the feel of a 3GS in my pocket - more rounded. The iPhone 4, although looked great, did not sit as nicely in your trousers! I can't believe the images above is the iPhone 5 though - looks like a 3GS with aluminium back?!
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    i like the iPhone 4 glass front and back I think its pretty sweet i wouldnt mind aluminum but but rather like it the way it is just move the antenna in the glass one and you will be ok
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    I don't want my iPhone to look like an iPod Touch...what's the point! iphone 4 is hot!
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    I think they both look good but why should we care what the back looks like I know I for one have a case on my iPhone 4 so I dont see the back they should worry more about the antenna
  • sebby
    sebby Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Since they fixed the grip of death, why would they get rid of the antenna on the outside of the phone? Really take a step back? I should really start making rumours up as well
  • Lemoon
    Lemoon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The iPhone 4 is my first iPhone, and while I love the tech specs on it and enjoyable with iFunia video converter on the fly trip, I find myself appreciating the feel of the 3Gs. The glass back is a bit of a pain…I’m so caution it’s ridiculous. So if Apple decides to loose the brick look for a more sleek curved design, and it comes with an aluminum back them I’m all for it.
  • brian3d
    brian3d Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I've seen a mod were the back glass was replaced with aluminum. Why not just go that route? Keep 4 design, improve the antenna, make the back brushed aluminum (Maybe color of choice?) and keep the front glass, but toughen the glass up more! Though the A5 and enlarge the viewable display, and I'm sold!
  • zoom sucks
    zoom sucks Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    where is the fucking flashlight
  • Humor4Fun
    Humor4Fun Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Aluminum definitely. It will be less damageable. I've had an iPhone (original) since the say one release and only had to get it replaced once because the screen shattered when I drunkenly HURLED it at a wall with all my might. never, in the 4? 5? years it has been out and I have been dropping it, has it broken. Until I threw it at a wall. Got a new one off eBay that was all scratched up. I don't know how someone scratched the screen, as I could never do it. but whatever.Apple, please aim for durability over finesse.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Looks like a poor upgrade to the fantastic design of the current one.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    What's the point in having all that glass if your just going to cover it up with a giant freaking case? My suggestion either A.) learn to live with a couple of small scratches on the back or B.) Learn to fix it, fixing the back panel is as simple as popping out 2 screws and replacing. Replacing the front glass is a bit harder, but still. I'm all for the aluminum backing, just like my 1st gen had. When I got my 3G I remember not liking the feel of it nearly as much, and the same for my 3GS, the iPhone 4 is nice to hold, but the glass does make it a bit slick and, thus, easier to drop (already had to replace the LCD/digitizer once :/)
  • D Money
    D Money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    If the aluminum is chosen for the back it would mean that "Once you go Black..." you DO go back! Heh heh
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    redesigned antenna? but there was nothing wrong with the old one!
  • dirka dirka
    dirka dirka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Maybe you shouldn't throw it at a wall dumbass.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    screw glass and aluminium. isn't carbon fibre the best option!?
  • Martijnluka
    Martijnluka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    First the imac/macbook had an aluminum body, then the ipad 1 came out with aluminum back, so it would make sense to unify all products and make the iphone 5 this way to