iPad 2 VS iPad 1: Higher RAM Improves Web Browsing Experience

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad 2 VS iPad 1: Higher RAM Improves Web Browsing Experience

It was great to find out from the iPad 2 teardown that it comes with 512 MB RAM compared to only 256 MB in iPad 1.

We were hoping that the increase in RAM ensures that mobile Safari browser does not refresh the page every time you switch tabs, which is quite an annoying issue in the first generation iPad. The good news is that the increase in RAM appears to have fixed the issue.

Read the full story here

Comments

• InkFest Live
    InkFest Live Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I have the iPad1 and will wait for iPad3. I love apple but why would I pay another $600 if I just got the 1 for Christmas. It's nice tho.
  • InkFest Live
    InkFest Live Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I guess I need a iPad 2 because it loads a split second faster!
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    Dear, iphonehacks.comDo you think this site is real anyphoneunlock.net to unlock iphone 4 via itunes. They saying they will charge 55$ to unlock it. What you think? Thank you
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Unlocks are free!!! Do not pay!! Do it your self if it is not unlockable they they cannot unlock it!
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Also are they comparing 4.3 to 4.3?? The new iOS is supposed to have faster browsing capabilities!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    The browsing experience seems awesome. At Jay, I dont think they can unlock iphone when unlock is itself not out.
  • Patrick Boucher
    Patrick Boucher Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Totally agree even before I read your post. Am happy with the iPad 1. Will wait for 3 or 4.
  • SiLeNcEbOnE
    SiLeNcEbOnE Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    I am quite dissapointed that the iPad 2 came with only 512mb of ram I expected more from Apple....
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    xoom has a Higher res. screen 1200x 800 vs 1024 x 768 , more memory, higher mgpixel camera 2mp vs crappy standard camera , unlimited music storage via sdcard slot & cloud integration.(no cloud integration on Ipad2 no sd card) A better & faster web browser experience because of the ram igb ram vs 512 ram. browsing Flash support without having to use skyfire app.how nice it is to have an sd card just imagine going to Walgreens and handing someone your sd card to print pictures or have 2 sd cards or 3 having one for videos and one for just music and one for another operating system so u can dual boot your tablet never worry about memory again and the xoom comes with a bunch of video wallpaper so you tablet looks cooler then any other tablet just from the home screen.why not have a better resolution camera?and for price there seems to be a confusion from everybody well $800 xoom is for 32gb wifi,3g and apple 32 gb wifi,3g is 729.00 which is a little more but i pay the little difference for everything i just mention hello!!!!sdcards,dont make me repeat myself and dont tell me thats not important cuz if u do then your retarded.now apple does have 16gb for 500 and nobody knows for sure how much the wifi only is going to be but reports say that sam club receive the first xoom wifi only tablet for 529.00 which is only $29 more for better.now the wifi will be everywhere soon i believe it will be 499.99 same price to match apple.now im currently an iphone user i own a iphone 3gs which is great no problems what so ever but im loving my windows 7 phone better facebook,xbox,htc weather,looks mind blowing its like they painted it differently customizing is better well i finally have my puerto rican flag and scarface and spiderman and alienware photo on my main screen so my phone looks tweak and i didn't have to use the unstable cydia which apps are either unstable or broken my phone has the ability to make apps with any picture on google image.i didnt know you can do that on windows 7 phone until i play with it for hours and neflix looks better especially that i have a kick stand for movies cuz netflix is partners with microsoft siverlight well back to ipad talk the only good thing about the ipad is more apps which leads to more entertainment now some people only have maybe 6 apps on there phone and dont care for all those apps anyways and then they brag that there so many apps lol now i know the android store will eventually get there fast but how fast and how long is the question?and the xoom is having problems getting netflix to work because of the processor tegra 2 now what we know is netflix is working on it and will get it to work but when?how soon? some people wont wait.what other app is important?well apple has more games and if you jailbreak you ipad 2 that means you dont have to ever have to pay for an app and it also means your tablet will entertain you more because you will have more games especially that there free when u use **** unless your wealthy u should support developers i remember when there was no **** i think i only pay for tetris and maybe 2 other apps cuz im cheap as hell and i wont spend any money on apps regardless of how good they are when i rather buy something else with my money but if its free im down or maybe 1$ should be the max for every app not like apple pricing where u find games for 10$ which is insane.i think that games are important for some people because cuz some people enjoy playing monopoly and using the touch screen instead basically it replaces a board game and it could be a chess board now the tablet becomes the chess board as technology has change the world you can play air hockey with someone in the park or play family feud at a birthday party and show off your tablet and show people some beer games or sex games or spin the bottle where u dont need the bottle anymore and the list goes on of ideas for touch screen games as i find the market to be important to me so apple does win the app race so far so yes the xoom is better faster sexier but apple has more entertainment for stuff that some people find not important but to me it is important now google has predicted that they will pass up the apple store in mid 2012 so here are the counts Apple has 348,894 apps available now, compared to 243,037 in August. The Android market has 87,785 apps, compared to 38,729 in August.so what these numbers are showing is that apple increase from august 90,000 apps from august and google increase 50,000 apps so this shows me is that there probably more developers at apple and apple working harder now this could possibly change thou cuz apple wants more of a percentage on profit which might cuz to piss off developers to move to andriod but who knows well know here are facts apple and google and microsoft will dominate the industry no matter what and which ever device you pick you will be happy guarantee regardless of what people say but i wrote this to help you a little better in deciding i myself dont know what to do lol i will wait to see how android market progresses in a month or 2 and then decide besides i need people to test the ipad 2 as well because apple has made mistakes before basically i need to go to each market and really compare but i think i choose xoom because there market has more then enough for me besides i need that sd card thats just too important for me and why not get more speed,better camera for the same price cant wait to get my wifi only xoom but i will wait for netflix news on the xoom cuz if netflix cant deliver goodbye xoom
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    you sir - are an idiot
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    Why is he an idiot? I would say simply that he needs to learn how to use paragraphs and capitalisation.
  • Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    No... he's definitely an idiot.
  • sri balaji
    sri balaji Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The comparison made is very true...kudos to the post....You can also check this site for further details...http://eshedgroup.com/2011/03/apple-ipad-2-vs-ipadoriginal/
  • dgicre
    dgicre Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    In my review I came up with the same conclusion, although for certain people keeping the original iPad makes sense... Read More
  • Sunil
    Sunil Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Gary and JimIf he is an idiot then you are a bigger one. This an opinion and nothing else. People are free to do what they want. Not every thing is great about the post but he is not an idiot.
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    I think he made his point about the SD Card!
  • Jim @ Pvc fönster
    via Wordpress
    How can i unlock it ?
  • noisey
    noisey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    He sure is an idiot because his response clearly demonstrates his lack of intelligence. Opinion or not, he is an idiot.
  • Windows7 tips
    Windows7 tips Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I like the valuable info you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently. I am relatively certain I will be told lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!
  • Molly
    Molly Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    How long until iPad 3 is here, is it worth the wait really?