Apple Starts Shipping iPad 2; Some Users Reporting March 17th Delivery Date

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Starts Shipping iPad 2; Some Users Reporting March 17th Delivery Date

Apple has already started shipping iPad 2 for users who ordered them when it was available at 1:00 am on Friday on its online store.

Based on the MacRumors discussion thread, users are reporting that they’ve received shipment notifications and FedEx tracking numbers for their iPad 2.

Few users are reporting that the estimated delivery date for their iPad 2 is Thursday, March 17 based on the Fedex tracking number.

Read the full story here

Comments

• peter the great
    peter the great Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I am first in my mind..
  • plzUnlockb02.10
    plzUnlockb02.10 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    No. Mine is shipping on March 16
  • iPadtommy
    iPadtommy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    March 17th for me!! I'm playing hookie that day from work!!
  • Jokeester
    Jokeester Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Got notified that mine will be delivered on March 17 by 4:30 p.m. (originally delivery by 3/18 - 3/25). Can't wait.
  • alfnav
    alfnav Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I waited on line for two hours at the best buy store and got my Black 32gb wifi, then made the line again and got one for sale
  • Alexito
    Alexito Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    March 15th for me and i ordered 3 hours ago white 64 wifi to NYC
  • Lisa
    Lisa Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I ordered a white 64GB Wi-Fi/3G AT&T on Apple at 1:06am on Friday and it shows shipping between 17-24th which means I might not see it until end of March. I ordered a case too that I got confimation today it shipped but FedEx says because of Japan earthquake all shipments are delayed. Guess what! IPad ships from Japan so we may have delays.
  • Egsixx
    Egsixx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Ordered mine at 12:46 am said shipping from shenzen CH. Fedex says delivering 17th. It's being delivered to my office so I'll get it delivered early since it's a business address.
  • Critter
    Critter Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Ordered mine as soon as they were available online.. says 'prepared for shipment'
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    yep, 17th delivery for me here!
  • Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    i will wait for ipad3 comming this fall! (as some sources stated)
  • Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Ill be waiting for Ipad 3 this Fall ( As some sources stated)
  • bawlz
    bawlz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ordered mine 2:56 am central timeit already shipped from TNDelivery is scheduled for 3-15
  • Davewcoble
    Davewcoble Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I should have mine on the 17 or 18 it said 4-5 business days I can't wait to hold my black 64 gb iPad 2:)
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    xoom has a Higher res. screen 1200x 800 vs 1024 x 768 , more memory, higher mgpixel camera 2mp vs crappy standard camera , unlimited music storage via sdcard slot & cloud integration.(no cloud integration on Ipad2 no sd card) A better & faster web browser experience because of the ram igb ram vs 512 ram. browsing Flash support without having to use skyfire app.how nice it is to have an sd card just imagine going to Walgreens and handing someone your sd card to print pictures or have 2 sd cards or 3 having one for videos and one for just music and one for another operating system so u can dual boot your tablet never worry about memory again and the xoom comes with a bunch of video wallpaper so you tablet looks cooler then any other tablet just from the home screen.why not have a better resolution camera?and for price there seems to be a confusion from everybody well $800 xoom is for 32gb wifi,3g and apple 32 gb wifi,3g is 729.00 which is a little more but i pay the little difference for everything i just mention hello!!!!sdcards,dont make me repeat myself and dont tell me thats not important cuz if u do then your retarded.now apple does have 16gb for 500 and nobody knows for sure how much the wifi only is going to be but reports say that sam club receive the first xoom wifi only tablet for 529.00 which is only $29 more for better.now the wifi will be everywhere soon i believe it will be 499.99 same price to match apple.now im currently an iphone user i own a iphone 3gs which is great no problems what so ever but im loving my windows 7 phone better facebook,xbox,htc weather,looks mind blowing its like they painted it differently customizing is better well i finally have my puerto rican flag and scarface and spiderman and alienware photo on my main screen so my phone looks tweak and i didn't have to use the unstable cydia which apps are either unstable or broken my phone has the ability to make apps with any picture on google image.i didnt know you can do that on windows 7 phone until i play with it for hours and neflix looks better especially that i have a kick stand for movies cuz netflix is partners with microsoft siverlight well back to ipad talk the only good thing about the ipad is more apps which leads to more entertainment now some people only have maybe 6 apps on there phone and dont care for all those apps anyways and then they brag that there so many apps lol now i know the android store will eventually get there fast but how fast and how long is the question?and the xoom is having problems getting netflix to work because of the processor tegra 2 now what we know is netflix is working on it and will get it to work but when?how soon? some people wont wait.what other app is important?well apple has more games and if you jailbreak you ipad 2 that means you dont have to ever have to pay for an app and it also means your tablet will entertain you more because you will have more games especially that there free when u use **** unless your wealthy u should support developers i remember when there was no **** i think i only pay for tetris and maybe 2 other apps cuz im cheap as hell and i wont spend any money on apps regardless of how good they are when i rather buy something else with my money but if its free im down or maybe 1$ should be the max for every app not like apple pricing where u find games for 10$ which is insane.i think that games are important for some people because cuz some people enjoy playing monopoly and using the touch screen instead basically it replaces a board game and it could be a chess board now the tablet becomes the chess board as technology has change the world you can play air hockey with someone in the park or play family feud at a birthday party and show off your tablet and show people some beer games or sex games or spin the bottle where u dont need the bottle anymore and the list goes on of ideas for touch screen games as i find the market to be important to me so apple does win the app race so far so yes the xoom is better faster sexier but apple has more entertainment for stuff that some people find not important but to me it is important now google has predicted that they will pass up the apple store in mid 2012 so here are the counts Apple has 348,894 apps available now, compared to 243,037 in August. The Android market has 87,785 apps, compared to 38,729 in August.so what these numbers are showing is that apple increase from august 90,000 apps from august and google increase 50,000 apps so this shows me is that there probably more developers at apple and apple working harder now this could possibly change thou cuz apple wants more of a percentage on profit which might cuz to piss off developers to move to andriod but who knows well know here are facts apple and google and microsoft will dominate the industry no matter what and which ever device you pick you will be happy guarantee regardless of what people say but i wrote this to help you a little better in deciding i myself dont know what to do lol i will wait to see how android market progresses in a month or 2 and then decide besides i need people to test the ipad 2 as well because apple has made mistakes before basically i need to go to each market and really compare but i think i choose xoom because there market has more then enough for me besides i need that sd card thats just too important for me and why not get more speed,better camera for the same price cant wait to get my wifi only xoom but i will wait for netflix news on the xoom cuz if netflix cant deliver goodbye xoom
  • vee
    vee Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Such a looooong rant! You buy what you want. It's your money. No need to justify yourself. Sheesh!
  • rapid
    rapid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    ^Rant of the year!Still debating to get one of these or not do I dont I :)
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    Sooooo.... Why are you on this site? Asshole!
  • Em Jae
    Em Jae Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Damn! That was a hell of a long Sentence. Where is the period Buddy. I agree with Vee, do what you do with your own money.
  • sebby
    sebby Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If apple were going to bring iPad 3 out, would they really call 2011 the year of the iPad 2? Just deal with the fact that the next generation iPad will be out feb/mar 2012 and get on with life.
  • Ipood2
    Ipood2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Bought at 1:30am fedex delivery for the 17th to the top north west (point roberts WA)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Apple should have held more stock for online orders.
  • MacMomma
    MacMomma Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I order my white 64G WiFi AT&T 3g @ 12:55am PT. Had it engraved. What was I thinking?! It states prepared for shipment (just changed over yesterday) & to arrive March 18th-25th. I expect to get it on the early side. I've ordered from online before & yes, they are fast on delivery. FED Ex rocks! Getting the pink cover from PA on Tuesday.
  • Lorne M.
    Lorne M. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I ordered a black 32GB Wi-Fi/3G AT&T on Apple at 2:30am on Thursday and it was supposed to ship between 16-22th but I got a memo that it will arrive on 17th 3:30pm. Also got the memo about the delays because of the Japan earthquakes possibly affecting shipments.
  • Rickpipes
    Rickpipes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Dream on, dude. apple has the product and the right price line. Xoom is destined to be the Beta of the tablet world. Hearing any hype about Xoom? Any lines of people waiting for it's release? Let me answer it for you --- NO & NO! It is a pimple on a gnat's butt and it is not destined to pop either. Go on, blabber aware -- the IPAD has what consumers want at a price the consumers are willing to pay!
  • modi
    modi Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    My original delivery date was March 17th.However, they changed it now to March 21st....