iPhone Clock Falls Back An Hour Instead Of Springing Forward? [DST Issue]

2»

Comments

• henry
    henry Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Doesn't the time come from the Mobile carrier's towers via NITZ? e.g.,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZIf the iPhone clock jumped the wrong way in a GSM network, I'd blame the carrier. This doesn't seem to be the same issue as recurring alarms failing, which would be Calculated on the iPhone. If WiFi- only iPads or iPod Touches did this, also you can blame Apple.This page seems to indicate how it might be done on a CDMA carrier like Verizon:http://www.denbeste.nu/cdmafaq/cdmatime.shtml
  • LastBorn7198
    LastBorn7198 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I find it funny that people reporting time errors everytime and blaming Apple... your iPhone should be synchronizing with your cell provider towers--- that said, the blame should be with your provider.I never had an issues with this. AT&T always keep my device on time.
  • LastBorn7198
    LastBorn7198 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Btw, I have five iPhones (1-2G, 2-I4, & 2-3G) all with Date & Time Set Automatically (Settings/General/Date & Time)and they all adjust the time accordingly.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I dont get the point of Apple having issues with the timing.
  • Crow
    Crow Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 3GS, 4.2.1, jb and unlocked to tmobile, no problem with the time change.
  • Anekin
    Anekin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    The issue is when the phone is set to "set automatically" if it's turned off it will charge. This has been the bug in 4.X for awhile. My iPhone still on Jb 3.1.3 is fine but my Gf iPhone 4 bought 3 weeks ago with Jb 4.2.1 did not change time. When I turn off "set automatic" it corrected itself.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    It's not the time change that's the problem (at least not for me). It's the repeating alarm clocks that screw up on my phone. It seems to occur during DST and at the New Year. Totally expecting the same issue when we get a leap year.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    The time on my iphone 4 changed just fine without problems. I haven't experienced any of the time change errors that others observed.
  • Q
    Q Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I woke up and the time had changed appropriately, but just a few minutes ago I looked at my phone and the time went back an hour. Then I went to manually change it but every time I change the setting back to automatic the time goes back to 4:49 instead of 5:59... ?
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Mine sprung forward with not problems also but can't set alarm between 2 and 2.59am.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Solved the issue by setting time and date manually.
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    I manually set my iPhone forward andit still sprang forward if when I had the auto update time off. Can't rely on my iPhone for alarms anymore.
  • So What
    So What Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    It amazes me so many people complain about these things and yet I have never had an issue with my 3GS nor with my previous 3G.
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    I'm in the Toronto area on Fido and my phone went ahead just fine, but in the afternoon it all of a sudden went back an hour and now it's still an hour behind this morning.I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 (it is jailbroken), my brother's iPhone 4 is running 4.3 and had the exact same problem as me. I turned off automatic time but every time I turn it back on the time goes back an hour. Restarting my phone does nothing either.My old 3GS I have to my son to use as an iPod Touch though has the correct time under 4.2.1 was fine and even after upgrading to 4.3 the time is fine.
  • Jill
    Jill Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I have an AT&T iPhone 3GS. The time changed perfectly yesterday. BUT THIS MORNING it was Wrong! It said 4am at 5am. My husbands AT&T 3GS didn't do that. His worked perfectly. If it wasn't for his alarm I would've slept in.
  • Ng
    Ng Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Cell towers transmit GMT. Its up to your phone's software to translate to your local timezone.
  • lindsay
    lindsay Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    My iphone 3GS (ATT) changed time fine yesterday. Yet, when I woke up this morning, thank goodness for my internal clock since I use the iphone for my alarm, it changed itself back an hour. I went through settings and turned off auto clock, and it suddenly changed back to the correct time. Really, to be "smart" phones, they aren't so smart. My husband's old flip phone changed fine.
  • lindsay
    lindsay Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    AT&T screwed up too.
  • Ahmed Ali Alhadrami
    via Wordpress
    iphone 3g 4.2.1 JailBroken change time just fine.. what that means is apple got some issues cause i seen non jailbroken are the ones that didn't change
  • filthyjason
    filthyjason Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    I'm in Arizona where we don't celebrate (or is it hate?) Daylight savings time. Somehow every single effing time, my phone still grabs the DST change and I'm an hour off. This is BS Apple! Annoying to say the least since I've been having this problem for 2 years now.
  • Peach Toadstool
    Peach Toadstool Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    AT&T iPhone 4. Time changed perfectly but alarms are going off an hour early O.o I've deleted all alarms, restarted phone and added new alarms. Still having an issue :(
  • jg1
    jg1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Toronto: Jumped me ahead by 2 hours. Discovered my timezone adjusted itself to Halifax (hence the additional hour)... ???
  • kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
    JAILBROKEN iphone 4 running 4.1 clock went forward with no issue but my alarms need to be set another hour ahead.. so i want to wake at 6am if i have it set for 6am it goes off at 5am. i need to set for 7am for it to go off at 6am. anyone else have this issue
  • ksxiang
    ksxiang Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same here kyle:JAILBROKEN iphone 4 running 4.1 clock went forward with no issue but my alarms need to be set another hour ahead.. so i want to wake at 6am if i have it set for 6am it goes off at 5am. i need to set for 7am for it to go off at 6am. anyone else have this issue