iPad 2 Problems: Some Users Reporting Yellow Screen Tinting And Light Bleeding Issue

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad 2 Problems: Some Users Reporting Yellow Screen Tinting And Light Bleeding Issue

Some early iPad 2 users are reporting couple of issues with their shiny new gadget.

Some users have observed a yellow tint on the iPad 2 screen and some users are reporting that they’re experiencing excessive level of light bleeding from the edges of the LCD panel.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Had the same thing with my iPhone 4 like for a Month. Then it went away.
  • Mondrian
    Mondrian Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Not enough problematic to me
  • Marusya
    Marusya Posts: 58
    via Wordpress
    not enough for me to worry about on mine.. time will tell... I like the speed.. it is a major improvement over the 1 I played with...
  • InkFest Live
    InkFest Live Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    to be quite honest the back of the ipad2 looks like it would be the old ipad. the original ipad looks way sleeker!
  • Uberpat
    Uberpat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I see a small amount of light bleeding, but it's only noticeable when ever I am starting up my iPad. I have a Black 16GB Wifi only iPad 2. it is never noticeable during regular use. Hopefully it just goes away.
  • Karro
    Karro Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    i think the Apple start to show off and they knew that they will sell their product any way. i think they need to know that we deserve some respect so they didn't release product unless they tested it very good.
  • ajamacus
    ajamacus Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Not seeing at all on mine.
  • Koomoo
    Koomoo Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    I guess I caught the bad luck because my iPad 2 I had alot of bleeding, i will be sending it to apple today. But the big Problem was when I open the face time app I get this very small white blinking spec in the bottom left corner.... Got to the point where i had to return it "getting annoying" because u always know where it was. Anyone else came across this?
  • Koomoo
    Koomoo Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    And yes I tried to restore as a new iPad and not the old back up I had.....
  • tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    It's so amazing to sit here and read all these people making excuses for Apple and that it's not that big of a deal. They're going to keep their defective iPad 2 just so they can have one. It really is pathetic!
  • rodrigo
    rodrigo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    mine was delivered yesterday afternoon.http://i.imgur.com/fPPJs.jpg
  • Brenda L.
    Brenda L. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Good thing no one asked you to buy or keep one.
  • K-Train
    K-Train Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    he has a good point and you make zero sense
  • Grace
    Grace Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi I have a 64G 3G and have the yellow bleeding problem too. Spotted it on the second day. worst of all, it is now DEAD!!!!! Was just trying to transfer some pics using the connector, left it alone for a while, came back and saw a blank screen and now it wouldn't turn back on!!!! Didn't expect that from Apple, very disappointing.
  • Gqsmooth
    Gqsmooth Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wow, for those of you that have this problem I just hope you didn't stand in line for hrs/days on launch day. I will never fully understand why anyone in their right mind would wait in line for hrs and days in hopes they will get one. For me, it took 5 mins for me to order it the min it turned midnight on the 11th. Apple really made this an issue as the "buy now" option wasn't even there until it became the 11th so I waited. I order the iPad on the 11th and got it the 14th and did not have to wait for a min in line yet I have mine and people are still in line for theirs. I will never understand that, maybe they just wanted the experience and wanted the ability to say " I waited days to get mine on launch day" but then again not many got one on launch day. However, I have noticed the ones that are complaining about this issue seemed to have waited in line for theirs but I have not found anyone complaining about this problem when they ordered it online. Most techies will know and expect problems on any brand new electronics/technology so I know those people will not complain about seemly small issues like the glue not setting in completely when they received their iPads and perhaps I didn't have that problem because I did have to wait to get mine in the mail. New owners are the test dummies and it may be a bad method but it would make sense that Apple would do this rather than fully testing the products and miss out on potential sales. After all what a better way of testing the device when hundred and thousands have one in their hands. They don't have to pay anyone to spend time testing these things out, all they had to do was launch it and get free feedback from us early birds. Keep in mind most electronics are assembled by hand at one point or another so you will never have two of the same iPads so there will be small differences like this lighting issue. I'm sure I don't have to mention that any human assembling anything will cause issues or have " human errors." what it comes down to is are people going to deal with these minor issues now or later. Chances are you won't get a replacement anytime soon. The wait on new purchases online is well over 3-4wks. I would imagine those that are whining about these small issues bought the device using their u/e checks rather then using it for something important. How many are u/e feeding off the government? The sales haven't slowed down at all. Ok I'm ranting now... I hope my entry entertained someone. *** DO NOT STAND IN LINE FOR DAYS UPON DAYS, BUY IT ON APPLE.COM AND WAIT FOR IT!*** I purchased my via Internet so I can get it directly from the manufacture this way it doesn't exchange hands so many times and end up getting a defect unit due to human error.
  • KP1877
    KP1877 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just got mine yesterday and it has SEVERAL flaws. First, it does have the light bleeding, but slightly. I would never had noticed if I wasnt looking for it after hearing of others issues. BUT...the device was build to fast and sloopy. My back had a scratch straight out the box, my home screen is crooked, and the edges had small drips of dried glue slipping out. None of these things effect teh devices performance, so I will exchange later. I saw simalr issues when I got my iphone 4 on launch, and had it exchanged 4 times before I had a good product. It is sad apple has come to this. I will wait until stock is up and exchange my device. At least apples warranty is reliable.
  • Carmine Cupani
    Carmine Cupani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If you don't have an iPad, well...... You don't have an iPad.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys I have a 3G white 32 gb iPad 2 and have tons of screen bleeding, wifi probs, FaceTime probs, battery indicator probs, the edges are pealing off too.... Apple really screwed this one up!
  • reese
    reese Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I just got my ipad2 and have the same problem. Didn't notice until my boyfriend pointed it out and now it's pretty irritating to look at. Hopefully this gets fixed! ;)