Is Apple Crippling iPhone Web Apps?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIs Apple Crippling iPhone Web Apps?

The Register reports that websites/iPhone web apps that are launched using the Home screen icon run slower compared to when they are loaded directly in iPhone’s Mobile Safari.

The Register claims that this has been observed after the iOS 4.3 software update that was released last week.

The Register reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• BBkiller
    BBkiller Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I bet apple knew this all along. Well it wouldn't surprise me!
  • Mr.Siks
    Mr.Siks Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    They put out major and minor releases of iOS like clockwork. There's bound to be bugs. I really don't think html5/JavaScript could ever touch native objective-c. That's silly talk!! :)
  • Hoobaloo
    Hoobaloo Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    You're not getting it. Re-read the article.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    It would seem to me that it would have to be a conscious decision - it's still Safari doing the work. If it's true I bet it's to prevent publishers from avoiding in-app purchases by developing a web app.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Maybe one of the dev teams could look into it.Apple could be doing with a good kick in the PR nuts.IOS 4.3 has been a while in the making and through a few betas so it would appear on the surface that this may well be deliberate. How many folks will happily download the next IOS update to fix this and other issues, only to bugger up their jailbreak and lose control of their property in the process?Customers might think twice about paying a premium for a deliberately crippled piece of tech.There are quite a few viable contenders out there these days and the slick Apple marketing machine might want to update the slogan "it just works"... by adding "If we'll let it"iDevices may well be sleek, must have, eye candy. if only the customer experience lived up to the design.
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    There must be a good reason for it to work this way after all apple knows what is best for us all. So stop crying.....
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Apple really liked my post they even sent me some kool-aid to drink......I love apple.........
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I think... your whining too much, yes, works faster than Nitro, but those who jailbreak are on 4.2.1 still only, so what difference does Nitro make to us?Next to nothing. The slower speeds? Same speed as our current experience, so what ever, don't mean anything...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Apple is trying to use its monoply to do what it wants, when it wants.
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
    Apple knows what's best for them I think.
  • Z0gli
    Z0gli Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Why wouldn't Apple cripple iPhone Web Apps?They have crippled everything else on the deviceIt is laughable that you have to jailbreak the phone to make it work properly.
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Maybe a planned bug so they have a good reason to release an update after the next JB is released.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Well, if you have iphone 4 with iOS 4.3 and want to downgrade to get an untethered jailbreak again(tethered drove me crazy), you can but you gotta go back to iOS 4.1. I used Tiny Umbrella 4.1.6 and downloaded the proper ipsw. Temp solution till untethered 4.3 jailbreak is available.
  • Q.p.
    Q.p. Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I think they shouldn't care so much about the jailbreak it doesn't effect them at all unless people install hackulo then they lose money but other than that the jailbreak has nothing to do with them they should come out with one good iOS so people don't need to constantly update there phone to have all these extra features that they could wrap all into one iOS so they need to quit worrying about the jailbreak and just put out one good iOS