Breaking News: anySIM v1.1 - Free GUI based SIM Unlock tool for (Virgin) iPhone OS v1.1.1 released b

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBreaking News: anySIM v1.1 - Free GUI based SIM Unlock tool for (Virgin) iPhone OS v1.1.1 released by iPhone/iTouch Dev Team

It was only a matter of time if you have known the iPhone hacking geniuses over at the iPhone Dev Team. They have been working hard since the now in-famous iPhone v1.1.1 update and have delivered again by releasing the latest version of their free GUI-based SIM unlocking solution "anySIM...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Hello once again...let me get this straight...to unlock an Iphone with those two firmwares 1.0.2 & 1.1.1, we are able to unlock it but not upgrade(common sense..at least for now),but are we able to revert it back to it's factory settings? What's missing right now is...we need to mention if it can unlock current Iphone that only had been upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 firmware that has not been touched by other 3rd party apps and unlock tools before? this would really help because many people had new Iphones before with the old firmware and upgraded their firmware ONLY. So we ask if we are able to Unlock this types of fones that pretty much is still Virgin because it only had been upgraded to 1.1.1 firmware but no other hacks/or downloading occured aside from the upgrade.Furthermore...after unlocking,do we still jailbreak it or is it open to load 3rd party applications? Last thing is...what features in the Iphone still works if the unlock is used or if the 3rd part app are installed or both are used.We need to be detailed in our questions and answers 'cause many are LOST from reading so many sites and they dont cover the basic questions that the majority asked.And it helps the ones not familiar with hcking.Thank you...This is Great NEWs!! as always...Keep it up Hackers.

• Eisa AlMuhairi
    Eisa AlMuhairi Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hello, People at Hackint0sh.org released a tutorial to downgrade the firmware of the iphone from 1.1.1 and reflash the baseband to be able to unlock again. Would this work if someone with an unlocked 1.02 phone to reflash the baseband and then upgrade and unlock with 1.1.1? Because from what I understood, it can be done.

Reflashing the baseband would lock the phone to its original state and the upgrade would not be a problem and it will be unlocked using anysim 1.1 after upgrading. WOuld love a reply soon on that.

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

let's just wait as new installers to unlock and install 3rd party applications becomes much smoother. Are we expecting the jailbreak for windows to come soon? Suggestion...we need a %percentage meter on how good a hack is that are posted everywhere and the smoothness/easiness of installation.i think that would help people worldwide make a decision on what to use.But for now be patient because all these software hacks are new and untested for the new Firmware.

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Hackz R Us,

Let me attempt to answer your questions:

Question:
    we need to mention if it can unlock current Iphone that only had been upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 firmware that has not been touched by other 3rd party apps and unlock tools before? this would really help because many people had new Iphones before with the old firmware and upgraded their firmware ONLY.

Answer:
    Yes, you will be able to unlock, the term virgin iPhone basically means that its an iPhone which has never been unlocked, so this method will work for iPhones shipped with OS v1.1.1 and even iPhones that were shipped with prior firmware and were upgraded to OS v1.1.1 WITHOUT any unlocking. But as I had mentioned these are still early days and it would be a good idea to wait till it is sufficiently tested.

Question:
    Furthermore...after unlocking,do we still jailbreak it or is it open to load 3rd party applications?

Answer:
    Actually to get anySIM on your iPhone, you will first need to jailbreak the iPhone, then install the installer.app and then use the steps mentioned above to get anySIM on your iPhone so that you can run the AnySIM application to unlock your iPhone. So its Jailbreak first then unlock.

Question:
    what features in the Iphone still works if the unlock is used or if the 3rd part app are installed or both are used.

Answer:
    Currently there is not too much information available on this one, however it is safe to say that Visual voicemail will not work. I am sure someone who has already tried this out can throw more light on this one.

Question:
    People at Hackint0sh.org released a tutorial to downgrade the firmware of the iphone from 1.1.1 and reflash the baseband to be able to unlock again. Would this work if someone with an unlocked 1.02 phone to reflash the baseband and then upgrade and unlock with 1.1.1?

Answer:
    Though Hackint0sh.org would be best placed to answer this, I will give you my opinion as I had written an article on this here at iPhone Hacks. The only reason why you are trying to downgrade the firmware is because you have ended up bricking your unlocked iPhone when you upgraded it to firmware v1.1.1. So it really depends on the unlocking mechanism you had used.

If you have used the not-for-free unlocking method from iPhoneSIMFree then I would recommend that you use their solution to downgrade to v1.0.2, it has been demonstrated by Gizmodo that it works i.e. after the downgrade, you can even upgrade to v1.1.1 and unlock your iPhone.
    Read this article for all the details: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphoneunlock111.html

If you have used the free unlocking method from iPhone Dev Team then the recommendation is to wait for them to release the “re-virginizer” which will essentially be a tool to revert your iPhone back to factory settings i.e. locked state after which I guess you should be able to use anySIM v1.1 to unlock the iPhone. So I would NOT downgrade the firmware at this point since there has been no solution from the iPhone Dev Team for this.

Question:
    Are we expecting the jailbreak for windows to come soon?

Answer:
    iBrickr, the tool for Windows users that could be used for Jailbreaking and installing custom applications on the iPhone is not working with iPhone OS v1.1.1.

However, natetrue has been working hard to get iBrickr to work with the latest iPhone firmware.

I hope this helps in resolving some of the confusion.

Thanks for your questions, comments and feedback, it counts for a lot.

cheers!

• Radu
    Radu Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Great work guys :) .. but i have a question regarding the new version of anySim package:
    Can it be used by windows users?

cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Radu,

anySIM is free GUI based tool to unlock the iPhone running on OS v1.1.1; it does not matter if you have Windows or a Mac.

However, the irony is in order to get anySIM installed on your iPhone so far we have seen instructions of installing it for Mac users.

But I am sure we should see instructions for Windows users soon.

cheers!

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

This may be the wrong place to post this but I need to ask.
    If I have a iPhone running 1.0.2 with 3rd party apps. My service is with AT&T so unlocking not an issue.

All i am trying to figure out is one thing please?
    Is it possible to upgrade to 1.1.1 - re install installer app ?
    Also it appears this is not possible for windows yet from what I can find?
    can anyone confirm this? Tryin to clairfy.

Want my installer app- want 1.1.1 - have a windows OS - and 1.0.2 now what to do...

• iPhone Hacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Jason,

Please read this article, it should answer your questions:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphone-hacking.html

However, do note that the instructions are currently only available for Mac users.

cheers!

• swiss dude
    swiss dude Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi there!
    I just wanted to get a few things clear...

Question #1: The anysim v1.1 unlocks the newest iphone firmware (1.1.1) but before unlocking it you have to jailbreak it with iBrickr (if i have windows) except iBrickr works only for the older firmware 1.0.2 right ?

I just got a new iphone and haven't actived or unlocked it yet because I am looking for the best free unlocking software in order to avoid any problems. I saw that anySim now works with firmware version 1.1.1 but since I have windows... I wouldn't be able to jailbreak the iphone yet, if I understood right because it really get's confusing!

Question #2: So, I should wait for the newest version of ibrickr in order to unlock the 1.1.1 firmware version with anySim right?

Question #3: If Apple would release a new firmware update for the iphone, and if I would accidentaly update my iphone to that new firmware version, it would become useless right? But could I just restore the iphone to its factory settings by clicking the restore button in itunes thereby locking it again, having already unlocked the iphone with anySim v1.1 ?

Question #4: You might not be able to answer this one but it would be greatly appreciated if you could! I live in Canada and I am with the Rogers carrier. I heard rumors that rogers will be to exclusive carrier for the iphone but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Say it will come to Canada and Rogers will be the official Carrier, would I be able to activate my iphone with itunes and be able to do updates juste like the AT&t customers do?

Thanks a lot for your time! =)

• hardme
    hardme Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Ok, I am not on a mac yet, so I can only imagine the problems I am going to have, BUT:
    Step 3:
    Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities) and type the following: scp -r /Applications/anySIM.app root@IPADDRESS:/Applications/ replacing IPADDRESS with the IP address of your iPhone (you can determine your iPhone’s IP Address by tapping Settings, then “Wi-Fi,” — tap the arrow next to the name of the Wi-Fi network to which your iPhone and look at the IP Address).

Does this mean you can only unlock the phone on a Mac WITH wi-fi? Is this also like that when it's attached to the computer?

• Rana Shahbaz Ahmed
    via Wordpress

Hi All

I have an iPhone with OS Version 1.0.2 and I have unlocked using iUnlock method. Can anyone tell me;

1. How I can update it to OS Version 1.1.1
    2. What benefits I'll get after updating it to new OS?.

Thanks

• parasite
    parasite Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

for Windows user:

I just unlcoked 3 "virgin" iphone v1.1.1 with baseband 04.01.13_G

1. download appTap and PACAY here:
    http://www.simonrichardson.co.uk/
    2. activate your iphone using appTap and PACAY
    3. jailbreak using iBrickr v0.91 by natetrue: crea.ations.net
    4. downgrade firmware to v1.02 using iBrickr v0.91 (ibrickr will automatically do this for you once detected you have v1.1.1)
    5. at this point you have firmware v1.02 and baseband 04.01.13_G
    6. get anySim v1.1 through iBrickr
    7. run anySim v1.1
    8. get some beer.. cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Rana,

Since you have unlocked your iPhone using iUnlock from the iPhone Dev Team it is advicable NOT to update your iPhone's OS to v1.1.1 as it could result in bricking the iPhone.

It would be a better idea to wait for re-virginizer from the iPhone Dev Team which is essentially a tool to revert your iPhone back to factory settings i.e. locked state after which I guess you should be able to use anySIM v1.1 to unlock the iPhone.

So until then it is advicable to wait.

Please read this article to find out the new features that were rolled out with iPhone OS v1.1.1:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/09/iphone-firmware.html

cheers!

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Cat and mouse again with the iPhone hehe hackers will prevail.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I thought this might help some of you since i was once confused just as many of you are. When i bought my iphone it was the virgin 1.1.1 version and i downgraded it to 1.0.2 and used iunlocker and the old version of the anysim which didn't work so i had an expenvive itouch as someone mentioned earlier because everything else worked expect for the phone part. When the updated anySim was released i decided to give it another try so i try the process to jailbreak 1.1.1 which was very confusing when i got the entering the commands. After installing BSD and SSh it didn't show on the screen so i didn't know where to enter the commands so i skipped it and updated anyway to 1.1.1 after installing the itriplz but i ended up with an unactivated iphone, Now here is where is worked for me. I used the latest ibrickr to jailbreak and the run them PaCay to activate it and then went into application in ibrickr to install the new anySim.app, run it on my iphone and voila it worked. Right now i have no issues with my phone, wifi is working iphone capabilities are awesome and one other thing alot of people complained earlier of their voice mail, call waiting and all that not working,mine works fine, i didn't do anything else to it but when i hit the voice mail button it goes to my Tmobile voice mail sms works fine. I'm currently running on firmware 1.02 though but my modem firmware still says 04.01.13_G im gonna leave it this way for now because afterall i don't need itunes store since i don't pay for music anyway..LOL i hope this helps someone.

So in short this is the procedure
    Download the new ibrickr and PACAY
    * Activate your iphone by running ibrickr it will do all the work and then run PACAY
    v1.1.1)
    * At this point you have firmware v1.02 and baseband 04.01.13_G
    * Get anySim v1.1 through iBrickr (Applications)then run anySim on your iphone
    * Then dial the girls..you are done

• Lumos
    Lumos Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Ok I have an unlocked iPhone with 3rd party apps running 1.0.2! is it possible to restore my factory settings as well as my baseband then use the new anysim to upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock . as well as use the new features it offers?

• Ysquared
    Ysquared Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I sucessfully unlocked my Iphone using anysim and jailbreak using ibrickr. All is ok but I can't receive calls from my carrier which is maxis in malaysia. Strange but true. Anybody having this problem and maybe a solution?

• Rana Shahbaz Ahmed
    via Wordpress

When Blackberry Services for iphone is being launched?

• Magnum
    Magnum Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I AM SO CONFUSED. I just want to buy an iPhone and use it with my T-Mobile SIM. Do i just buy the iPhone from the Apple Store, don't activate it, and run the anySIM.ap? That's it? Is the SIM as easy to replace as putting it any other cell phone. i had heard rumors, Apple made it difficult to get access to the SIM or the SIM was a non-standard configuration. Do I need to "jailbreak" the iPhone to install/run anySIM? How and with what?

Please?

-Magnum

• Ivan
    Ivan Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Worked fine, but cant get carrier with my sim. Tried a friends simcard and there it works fine (different carrier company) what the f... can be the problem?

• Lé
    via Wordpress

I am a current AT&T customer. If I buy a new Iphone (assuming with OS v1.1.1) and applies "AnySIM V1.1", can I use it without upgrading my plan? Do I have to activate the phone first?

• Stanley Omeike
    Stanley Omeike Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just bought an unlocked iphone that was running on 1.0.2 and i was using a non AT&T sim successfully. However when i upgraded my iphone to 1.1.1 via itunes it ended up displaying the Activate Iphone screen with the message
    INCORRECT SIM. INSERT AN UNLOCKED AND VALID SIM TO ACTIVATE IPHONE

What should i do to get the phone back up again with a non AT&T sim

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

hi,i have a unlocked iphone that can take any sim as i live in the u.k and i am with orange.i accidently pressed the update button on itunes and now it says to put a unblocked and valid sim card in to activate iphone,what do i do and can it be fixed?i need help so any tips will be helpful

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

my iphone says to put a unlocked and valid sim in after i tried to install 1.1.1,,,,HELP!

• Bear
    Bear Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Can someone help... used ibrickr v.90... reach the part where you install downloadb from v.102 then it hang... start up super slow... cannot detect the iphone with my Pc... super frustrating...

Can retore to 1.1.1 before restarting the proces... can someone help

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

just got anysim to unlock my phone on 1.1.1 and it claimed success but i am not able to use my t mobile sim... nothing happens no error no wrong sim not anything. i can swap from sim to sim but nothing happens...

thanks

• Rana Shahbaz Ahmed
    via Wordpress

hi All

I updated my iphone to 1.1.2. I jailbreak it but still not able to unlock. Can anybody tell "who to unlock it?".

best wishes for new year!

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

I used ziphone to unlock jail break and activate, a brand new 1.1.1. 3.9bootloader 8GB iphone. My wi fi and youtube is working. Now I downloaded installer and and installed BSD Subsystem adn OpenSSH. I continued and installed anySIM agreed turned airplane on, off and soforth. When anysim finished it said "anySIM cannot unlock this phone. anySIM will now quite and to turn phone off and turn it on again after it quits"

I put in a working SIM card for at&t and the phone shows no service! I try going to setting, general and resetting nework settings, STILL No Service What Should I do? I got this far if anyone is willing to respond please do so or if you are willing to call me or let me call you to resolve please let me know its much easier

• Jenny
    Jenny Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

HELP PLEASE!!!
    I just tried to hack my phone with ziphone 3.0 in the process I realized that my new iphone upgrade had not finished therefore my phone was not detected by itunes yet and my phone screen read connect to itunes. I tried to cancel everything. However, the phone screen kept reading connect to itunes so I restarted it. After it came back on all of the white wording (that was supposed to happen as I was Jail Breaking) appeared - I've tried numerous times to restart and it keeps appearing and I still cant get itunes to detect my phone so that I can do recovery mode. WHAT DO I DO???