Study Claims Android Brower Is Faster Than iPhone Browser; But It’s Flawed

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStudy Claims Android Brower Is Faster Than iPhone Browser; But It’s Flawed

Folks at Blaze Software, a web performance company published a report earlier today claiming that Android browser is faster than iPhone’s Safari browser.

They came to this conclusion after loading 45,000 web pages from 1000 websites over 3G and Wi-Fi on Android smartphone, Samsung's Nexus S and Apple’s iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.

Blaze Software initially reported:

The results surprised us.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    lol i agree with Jared, if a second is a huge thing to u then yea ur priorities are flawed greatly. and i also agree that the test is flawed if it wasnt really testing the browser but an embedded version of it. but really it doesnt matter much to me because the browser never loads fast enough if its something you really want to read or see.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Wow really? A whole second faster? Let the android fans rejoice and the apple flaming begin.It's all about the end user experience, not tech specs and millisecond speed tests.
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    what apple should do is make sure the embeded web viewer contains the safari optimizations... sheesh.still tho, good heads up for those of us wondering.
  • sam1212
    sam1212 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    First Can't believe that!
  • Android
    Android Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    It takes more than 15secs to load the Blaze Software website http://www.blaze.io/ on my smart phone running android 2.2 :(
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Just another company using Apple's name to get publicity. Regardless of their results, mobile web browsing is just slow over all compared to a home pc. That extra second isn't gonna kill anyone. Besides, I can usually start reading a page on my iphone before it's fully loaded.
  • iDroid7
    iDroid7 Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Just got this email from attDear xxxxxxxxx xxxx, We've noticed your service plan may need updating. Many AT&T customers use their smartphones as a broadband connection for other devices, like laptops, netbooks or other smartphones– a practice commonly known as tethering. Tethering can be an efficient way for our customers to enjoy the benefits of AT&T's mobile broadband network and use more than one device to stay in touch with important people and information. To take advantage of this feature, we require that in addition to a data plan, you also have a tethering plan. Our records show that you use this capability, but are not subscribed to our tethering plan.If you would like to continue tethering, please log intoyour account online at www.wireless.att.com, or call us at 1-888-860-6789 Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. CST or Saturday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. CST, by March 27, 2011 to sign up for DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering. Here are details on the plan: DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering•$45 per month (this gives you 4GB in total, combining both your smartphone data plan for $25 and the tethering feature, $20)•$10 per each additional GB thereafter, added automatically as needed•Mobile Hotspot capabilities are included for compatible SmartphonesIf we don't hear from you, we'll plan to automatically enroll you into DataPro 4GB after March xx, 2011. The new plan – whether you sign up on your own or we automatically enroll you – will replace your current smartphone data plan, including if you are on an unlimited data plan. If you discontinue tethering, no changes to your current plan will be required. It's easy to track your usage throughout the month so there are no bill surprises. For example, we send you free text messages when you reach 65, 90, and 100 percent of your plan's threshold. If you would like to monitor your account more closely, go to www.att.com/dataplans to learn about other ways to track your data usage.As a reminder, our smartphone data plans also include unlimited usage of Wi-Fi at no additional charge. AT&T smartphone customers can use Wi-Fi at home or on-the-go at any one of our more than 23,000 U.S. hotspots already included in your data plan. Thank you for bringing your account up to date. We appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve your mobile broadband needs.Sincerely,AT&T
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    I've seen these comparisons on YouTube. When they're loading, the load bar on the android device "finishes" before the iPhone. But the actual content is still loading by the time the iPhone is done. They're going off the load bar and not actual content. Keep trying android. It's hilarious...
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Check the spelling of the title "Brower"?
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
  • Miezl
    Miezl Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Browserspeed is just one of the advantages of Android ;-)I'm an iPhone user now but this will change......I'm heading for the Samsung Galaxy S2 ;-)
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I need a new phone it took 18 seconds to load the android only took 17.5 seconds what kind of junk is apple selling here
  • mred
    mred Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    it is funny, when apple comes on top by 0.00001 ms, it is fantastic news, and everyone chants "apple is amazing", when they don't, they chant "get a life it is not important"
  • josemir da silva
    josemir da silva Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Everytime I see ANY, ANY ANY performance comparison over 3G i automaticaly discard the comparison. Cellular network are so variable that you can't take it seriously. What has happened to REAL statistical, testing? You do that testing in house, on a segregated network with a dedicated web server. I am with the guy that said they just want publicity
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What a nonsense study this is.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Wait... so a study done on 3G networks which cellular companies control and also the speed and connection is different on each device and area...I develop software and a test like this would make me a laughing stock at the work X_XA test that isn't 100% from 1 test to another is not a properly planned test for god sakes!If you can't have the same settings, data, coverage, area, also I'm guessing hardware from this review, the test is blatantly biased. If it's the hardware for comparison, why is software taken into account? If it's software, then why is hardware changed completely as well?If it's both, then what is the constant that can make them test only the browser without interference etc from outside factors?I don't think these tests mean anything. Speed tests based on hardware sure. But it has not been mentioned until after apple released optimizations which leads me to believe it's comparing because of the newer firmware, in which case the hardware should be the same, and perhaps use iDroid or similar to run Android OFF the iPhone itself to compare.
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Hey WTF! I just through my iphone and it took 2 seconds to accomplish that! Then I through my Android phone and it took 1.9 seconds to accomplish that! Damn it, that means my Android MUST be lighter then my iphone! I know! Lets through my blackberry! ;-)
  • bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
  • slyc3r
    slyc3r Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Iphonehacks, you might want to change the title... I'm not familiar with the "Android Brower"...