Samsung Unveils New Honeycomb Based Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 & 10.1 To Compete With Apple's iPad 2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSamsung Unveils New Honeycomb Based Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 & 10.1 To Compete With Apple's iPad 2

Samsung has just unveiled two new tablets today at the CTIA 2011: the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to compete with Apple’s iPad 2.

Samsung is calling them the "world’s thinnest tablets" at just 8.6 millimeters, slightly thinner than iPad 2 at 8.8 millimeters.

Take a look at the hardware specifications of the new Samsung Galaxy Tab:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Davey-
    Davey- Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    "Samsung is calling them the “world’s thinnest tablets” at just 8.6 millimeters, slightly thinner than iPad 2 at 8.6 millimeters"uhhh thats the same thickness eh?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It should have read iPad 2 at 8.8 millimeters, updated the posted.Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Jrmedic19
    Jrmedic19 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Lol. I was thinking to myself 0.2 mm. Are they kidding me? Thats incredible! With that much of a gain in space I will finaly be able to ....... wait. Damn that's almost nothing.
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Have a cow, thinner is thinner. No one is saying how much better 0.2 mm would be. I am sure when Apple release a 8.4mm ipad, you would probably blow your load.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Well I love my iPad. Would like an iPad 2. Even so this tablet could give apple a little competition. But the thing that truly sets apple apart is it's OS. But who knows, google and windows may be able to equal Apple in the next few years or even less. Still I'll stick with apple just cause I'm totally satisfied. But new comers to this tech market are gonna have so many awesome options!
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    stuff like this keeps Apple on their toes...it's a good thing for consumers.
  • Dude
    Dude Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    How come the omit the battery life? That's the funny part. No one has touched the iPads battery life
  • Andyman
    Andyman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I still don't understand this whole tablet (slate) phase. I mean for cheaper I could get a better spec'd and more capable. Tablets are a consumption device (a very good one too) but netbooks are that with the added capability of creation. But to each their own, I guess/rant
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    good. by the time you think microsoft and google are equal to apple, you'll be outdated. iOS? first so-called smartphone OS released in 2007 without 3g and voice command support, if that satisfied you, you must be still living in stone age.
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    Netbooks don't have 3G. Or touchscreen, keyboardless technology. They are a completely different thing to a tablet!Anyway, samsung may have some better features, ie cameras, but it's still a samsung, they're ****! As are motorola. I'll stick with my iPad 2!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Just copy Samsung, that is all you know from design to price to everything else. Get a life Samsung, please get one.
  • Tako
    Tako Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Only one thing , so many stupid apple isheeps !
  • iphone4User
    iphone4User Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, not 3 megapixel.
  • Nazz
    Nazz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Tablet is a new category device. Netbook is the same thing as Notebook but with lower specs. You don't need a netbook if you already own a notebook. That being said, you don't need an iPad if you got an iPhone and a laptop. It is still the kind of device that is not essential in our everyday's lives. More of 'something that you can buy if you got extra cash-
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Its running android that means you mite get 1 update maybe 2 if your lucky than your gonna have to spend another couple of hundred for a new device with a new android os.....just look at past products...dell streak and samsung pad and even archos all stuck on 2.2 and under with no future updates
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    ooh and dont forget most android apps are made for smaller screens and not 8+ screens so some dont function on larger screensI dont own any iapple device but Iv owned a few android devices since im a linux user..I was disappointed....a nokia n8x0 is better than android and that tech is sooo out dated
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    If apple users are iSheeps according to you, then the majority of the world's smartest people are iSheep. Apple users include doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, teachers and more. We're all doomed.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    I don't think he was implying that all Apple users are iSheep, just that there is a subgroup of Apple users that will buy an Apple product no matter what, regardless of how useless it is or how good competitors' options are.
  • howareyoumyboy
    howareyoumyboy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    i agree with you i mean who care about thin,its just slightly slim than ipad 2 but its still behind than ipad 2 in configurations,ipad 2 config is still better than samsung new galaxy tablet so samsung **** off
  • iSteve Jobs
    iSteve Jobs Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    who cares about update when it is good
  • Dajackal
    Dajackal Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Baaaaa ! said the ipad user.... Now in 2011 we see that Android phones have outsold Apple's iphone by 90,000,000 units....poor little iSheep :)
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Yo iSheep, netbooks dont have 3G or touchscreen? Try Google! it will show you the rest of the real world outside of the compound of your iPasture. Yes they different alright. netbooks can do so so much more.
  • gappochan
    gappochan Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    duh! windows users have been buying windows products, just because they are windows products, and of far inferior quality than Apple... and you don't hear us bitching about that, now, do you?
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
    You are all a joke. Most of us purchase Apple products because of the ability to jailbreak! That is why we are here in this website right now. It's called iPhone Hacks for a reason, not Apple Fans. You Android fans on the other hand lick Google's ass by coming to this site. Android phones will outsell the iPhone because Apple has only ONE phone that they update each year. Judging by this article, Google is planning the same strategy with tablets by having their software in these two.I like these tablets but come on, Flash? The most annoying popups have flash. Not to mention the battery consumption. Even Adobe is giving into Apple's demands to use HTML5.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Like Steve said when first introduced the iPad in 2010 - netbooks aren't better at anything. They are just slower.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    If I could get cydia on this tablet this would be 100% better then my cheap *** ipad2, apple you ¥£€£¥!!!!!!
  • Xmas top 10 toys
    Xmas top 10 toys Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was once totally right. This publish truly made my day. You can not consider just how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thank you!