iPhone Tips & Tricks: Sync Notes, Keyboard Speedups, Get Driving directions fast and lots more

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: Sync Notes, Keyboard Speedups, Get Driving directions fast and lots more

It has been more than three months now since iPhone launch and I am sure you would agree that it has been an exciting journey so far with all the hacking, unlocking and third-party iPhone applications. If that wasn't enough we have already seen quite a few tips and tricks...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Luis Pagan
    Luis Pagan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

When you are listening some music or watching a video using the iPhone speakers if you put your hand in the bottom of the iphone but grabbing it by the sides you'll make the sound deviate from going sideways to go straight to you, that way it will sound louder because the sound is going directly to you. This would be easier to show with a picture, but I can't post a picture, just text.

• hurt M Badd
    hurt M Badd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For those that don't know yet, the iPhone does have a capslock feature availabe: quickly tap the shift key twice and it will turn blue indicating the caps lock is on.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

we need to make a simpler list to indicate how to jailbreak firmware 1.1.1 without the confusing steps posted on so many sites. Let's make a simpler installer apps. That makes one click install without downgrading the firmware. Were not even sure if all the components of the fone will work. Please

• webre
    webre Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Actually the light sensor works all the time but with certain treshold, ie. if you walk from dark room to light room with much difference in light amount it would brighten your screen not bothering itself what that pcworld guy wrote about it.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

How do you go to the tricks?

• Diego Parra
    Diego Parra Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, does any of you know if there is an spanish dictionary built in the iPhone for the wirting correctioins? so far i know about english, german, and french built in, but i'm not sure if some thing for spanish. or if you do about whre to download an application or something for thisn tks.

• Diego Parra
    Diego Parra Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, does any of you know if there is an spanish dictionary built in the iPhone for the wirting correctioins? so far i know about english, german, and french built in, but i'm not sure if some thing for spanish. or if you do about whre to download an application or something for thisn tks.

• joan
    joan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

is there any application that flips the sms and the keyboard while writing an sms???

• UI Guy
    UI Guy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

There are two workarounds for syncing notes with your machine. One is the addressbook method mentioned above, and another method which isn't suggested as much is to use email drafts. You can compose an email and hit "cancel" and it will asks you to save. It'll go into your drafts folder and this can be accessed/edited offline as well. Here is more information with screenshots:
    http://immotion.net/blog/post/iPhone-Notes-Review-Part-III---Workarounds-and-Final-Recommendation.aspx

• hjarman
    hjarman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know how to sync every field (including spouse, friend, etc) in the Mac address book with the iPhone?

• rangdol
    rangdol Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it took me a lot of time to discover this one. To scroll down pages within a page: first double tap the particular column you want to scroll. Then place two fingers for more than 3 seconds. Then gently drag one finger down (the page will begin to move) and to scroll further (since the screen is small) begin dragging the second finger down. Notice that u are lifting your fingers the whole time.
    This is not very efficient but its the best I could come up with.

• Ger.
    Ger. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

THERE IS A WAY TO SYNC NOTES.!!

No workaround..

Not what we are all looking for, but its ok for now.

In the Mail application, you have your notes on the left side right, well, if you expand that you'll see some other options, one of them should say "Apple", you have to have a MobileMe account.

Every time you make a Note, send it to this folder (Apple) in Notes. Then with your iPhone go to your MobileMe account, and where you have the inbox, drafts, sent, etc.. you will see a folder named Notes... well... here they are!..

I hope this helps in some way.

• randy
    randy Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I found a way to sync notes with outlook. On the iPhone, go into settings > mail, contacts, calendars> click on your email address under "Accounts". You'll see three sliders: Mail, Calendars and Notes. When I set the notes slider to Off, my notes started syncing with Outlook. Same for Calendars.

• kenneth cole
    kenneth cole Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    is there any way to enlarge the keypad keys so i dont have to use a stylus???????????? keep losing patience and the stylus !!!!