Amazon Launches Cloud-Based Storage And Music Player But Doesn't Work On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAmazon Launches Cloud-Based Storage And Music Player But Doesn't Work On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

We had heard some rumors that Amazon was planning to release its own digital locker but it surprised us by launching cloud-based services and probably shocked competitors like Apple and Google, who are also rumored to be working on launching similar cloud-based services.

Amazon Cloud Drive will allows users to store music and other digital content like photos, videos and documents in the cloud.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    Screw amazon then.
  • Dempa
    Dempa Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    I for one, Love the competition. Hopefully it will only benefit us puny consumers!
  • P
    P Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    5 gb for free isn't bad. I just signed up with drop box and you only get 2 gb, but it does work on both my iPad 2 and my eve 4 g running android 2.2. Maybe Apple should take that golden stick out of their ass. Lol
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    I still do not get the concept of music cloud storage for cell service. With unlimited data fading away I would rather load my device with RAM.Pay an extra $100 for 16GB RAM once for about 2 years or pay $10 per GB every month. If I am on wifi I can get access to 5TB storage from my own hard drives and have a dozens of software choices I can use to stream or DL my files. Can someone explain the appeal to me?
  • P
    P Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I think the appeal is convenience. It's a lot easier for me to copy a file to my drop box folder on my desktop than it is for me to connect my iPad to my computer open up iTunes select the file and then transfer it. Just my point of view. Just to let you know I store all my music on my pad, not the cloud. School documents and books go to the cloud along with movies and tv shows.
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for the POV P. I certainly understand the convenience factor. One reason I have not cut the cable wire. I also forget sometimes not everyone has jailbroken their idevices and have many options on the ways and means to move data around. I understand the appeal of the cloud for more traditional types of text based data (database, books, docs etc ) but the bandwidth costs of transfering multimedia using cell data are just outrageous. One of the nicknames my wife uses frequently is "Cheap Bastard".
  • Michael Heister
    Michael Heister Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Upside - competition is a good thing.Downside - $1/gig per year??? Overprice much Amazon?
  • Sanjeev
    Sanjeev Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    ya the price is too much...i think they need to work in it..less the price better and more the users..cheers!!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    After some one sues you, you dont launch stuff for their products, weird
  • Louking83
    Louking83 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Even though there's no ios app for it, it works through safri on my iPhone 3gs
  • egstrait
    egstrait Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just use Perfect Browser from the app store for ios devices. Change web rendering to the FireFox selection, browse to your Amazon Cloud service and click on the Cloud Player button. Open your playlist on the left side of the player and click "Play All" button. plays all the songs on the playlist without interruption and works both on wireless and 3g...quick and easy.