Improve iPhone Battery Life By Disabling Ping [iPhone Tip]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageImprove iPhone Battery Life By Disabling Ping [iPhone Tip]

Some of our readers had noticed significant decrease in battery life after upgrading to iOS 4.3 and were hoping that it will be fixed in iOS 4.3.1.

But Apple didn’t mention in the release notes whether the issue was fixed in iOS 4.3.1 even though there were rumors that iOS 4.3.1 might also improve the battery life of the iOS device.

Users are reporting that the issue is addressed after disabling Ping, Apple’s social network for music.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mazda
    Mazda Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    First for no reason!
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    gonna probably skip 4.3 completely i like 4.2.1 and i dont see any major updates in 4.3 to worthy the update
  • stajp
    stajp Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    disabling Ping works... my battery is more durable now...
  • Chen
    Chen Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Do i need /Can i disable ping in 4.2.1 ?
  • Zaid
    Zaid Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I jus did it but i wanna ask after turning the pibg to off do i have to return the restrictions to off or just keep it enable while ping is off ... Thnks in return
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    You can only disable Ping by enabling restrictions. So what you've mentioned is not possible and keeping Restrictions enabled doesn't impact anything.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I just did this but everything else is on. Is that how it should be? I don't get actually what restrictions is about.
  • Alex MAtias
    Alex MAtias Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Seriously Guys! Somebody is to release unlock soon ???? or...its just b..s..talking again...?
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Asking that in this post usually means that you haven't read the rest of the posts, twitter or something similar to keep up with what's going on. They've given updates but people simply getting upset because their one issue isn't being corrected and quickly (for free, by the way) probably isn't going to help, huh. Be patient, use google or this great site for updates and stop complaining like every other person that wants something for free RIGHT NOW.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    If you want I will sell you my 3G running 4.2.1 completely jailbroken and unlocked. But thats off topic for this post as is your unlock chatter on every freakin other posts. Try to stay on topic. Offer still stands though :)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So with the upgrade to 4.3 battery life goes down.
  • Juicyj
    Juicyj Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I feel u man, im still on 4.1 and everything is pretty solid, nowdays the only reason to update firmware is to lose something not gain anything unless you want apples new features which usually have already been done (and better typically) by the jailbreaking community
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Feel free to figure out how to unlock the phone yourself, and release it everyone free at the expense of your own personal time, since it's so easy...Oh wait, you don't know how to do that, do you...So shut the H3LL up, and wait patiently. If you you bought a phone under the expectation that someone else would figure out how to unlock it for you, before you confirmed that it can in fact be unlocked, then your obviously a moron. The dev team doesn't owe us a darn thing, and what they do, they do as a favor for everyone.I'm tired of hearing all these whiny, complaining idiots who think that someone else owes them something for free. If it's taking too long for you, do it yourself, or shut up and wait. It's that simple...
  • justaguy
    justaguy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    As stated before, Ping is bloatware.
  • Alex MAtias
    Alex MAtias Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Mr Kevin ! who gives a f.. what u tired of...! if the reason is just get some money..i"m 100 per cent sure...million people would already pay for unlock if the was one...no matter how much i think. so shut your f ... mouth talking about free stuff...from dev team! they want money they could get some! easily!!
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Is there anyone here suffering from network and signal connection problem? I'm very disappointed in my Iphone4 4.3 signal are fluctuating and sometime no signal or no connection at all. And when i get signal i can received incoming calls but outgoing is not possible. And sometimes even if i have signal outgoing and incoming is not accessible. Can someone help me to deal with it.. Thanks and kindest regards to all....
  • still annoyed
    still annoyed Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Alex, you're an azzhole!!! I hope they never come out with an unlock for you, you ungrateful ****!
  • Bryan Hunter
    Bryan Hunter Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    It seems to be becoming a problem that the more apps that are 'pinging' the internet, the more the battery is drained. Perhaps future phone OS's should have a feature to list all such usages so that user can easily disable them. If you don't mind, i'll add this tip to my website? I have quite a good range of Battery Saving Tips for all phones.
  • Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    I noticed the problem also. I noticed that my battery drains down to 83% without even using the ipad 2 all day. This after a full day of charging. I have OS 4.35. We need to let Apple now all this started happening after OS 4.3+ before everyone starts taking in the ipads/iphones for needless repair cost.