Survey Shows AT&T iPhone Drop Call Rate More Than Twice Verizon iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSurvey Shows AT&T iPhone Drop Call Rate More Than Twice Verizon iPhone

Based on the latest survey by market research firm - ChangeWave Research, Verizon iPhone 4 users are observing fewer dropped calls than AT&T’s iPhone 4 users.

The survey that was carried out several weeks after Verizon iPhone 4 was launched in February provides some interesting statistics. The sample size of the survey was about 4,068 consumers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    Funny, I have NEVER had 1 dropped call on my 3GS that I received 2 years ago, and yes, I do travel.
  • Steven M.
    Steven M. Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    My drop rate on Verizon since 2/10 is zero. My drop rate on AT&T for about three years was 1/3 to 1/4 of all calls. Quite a difference.
  • Marusya
    Marusya Posts: 58
    via Wordpress
    wow. I've had dropped calls... but the weather has to be crappy. :)
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Yeah what a scam. I've had AT&T for quite a while and I've never noticed a single legitamit dropped call. Funny, my wife has verizon and she has dropped calls every week!
  • Tjgator
    Tjgator Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I don't get many dropped calls using Att, and use about 2000 min per month. That said, the survey at the top (iphone 4 users) doesen't take into account that Verizon didn't start selling the iphone 4 until Feb, so att had more than a month of results to Verizons approx 90-100 days, or at least thats how I see it.
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    i drop about 1 out of 4 calls on at&t but it doesnt really bother me as i dont talk on the phone too much. just give me a constant 3-4mbps down and im a happy camper! so far data wise at&t has treated me extremely well!
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    You're full of ****. At&t is the worst for dropped calls. I have them, and when I drive on the highway at this certain intersection, I am GUARANTEED to drop the call...both ways. Quit swinging on the corporate giant's nuts.
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    The survey wasn't about the iPhone, just cell service in general.
  • Rob Lee
    Rob Lee Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Where the hell do they conduct these tests? I live in Chicago and I may drop 1% of my AT&T calls. On the other hand, my family members seem to drop calls often with Verizon. They also miss calls where the phone just won't ring. 30 minutes later they receive a freak voicemail.
  • andres
    andres Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I have two iPhones on AT&T and I was just let off of contract due to not getting calls or being able to call out all of the sudden for the last 3 months. No one can figure it out. They've opened 3 cases so far on their network and always say they've fixed it yet nothing changes. Apple swapped out the phones, we got new sim cards. Neither AT&T or Apple care. I've always had great service until recently. I never had dropped calls, now I get them 5% of the time.
  • USA
    USA Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Got the iphone 4 (AT&T) last year August. Since then I did not have any dropped calls whatsoever. 0 dropped calls so far. Not to mention, I had iphone 3G S and iphone 3G and had ZERO dropped calls, and previous to the iphone, I had Moto Razr phone and never had any dropped calls either. So I must live in a really goog place.
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Oops, didn't see the reference to the top graph.
  • KS
    KS Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    AT&T previous Ad 'raising the bars' was totally lie. But it attractive a lot of believer, they even accused the other competitors. remember? I was really disappointed when moved from T-mobile. But just because for the iPhone and I use data more then voice. I would say 1/3 of the calls get dropped. I seems getting a litter better lately.
  • bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Not a surprise to me..
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    i think the only valid piece of data was contained within a footnote."Despite the higher percentage of dropped calls, the overall satisfaction of AT&T’s iPhone 4 customers and Verizon’s iPhone 4 customers is almost identical (80% vs 82%)."that is more relevant than all the info displayed there... too many variables and way to many unknowns.
  • T-mobile customer
    T-mobile customer Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    What a bunch of fanboy carriers... Can't anyone see t-mobile FTW lol
  • MEME
    MEME Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force:“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” Mark Twain
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    I have experienced a couple of dropped calls since the launch of the original iPhone, but not that many.However, the data is a bit skewed I think. How about taking those dropped calls and dividing it by the TOTAL number of iPhone subscribers for each network and then posting the percentage instead of taking a poll of customers that have iPhones on the different networks.
  • Sanjeev
    Sanjeev Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    i think..Verizon is the future now..after T-Mobile Deal
  • modi
    modi Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    So statistically speaking, there is a higher percentage of dropped calls for the 10 million AT&T iPhones as compared to the 500k Verizon iPhones? okthxby
  • T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress
    Can they tell us something that we dont already know about. A waste of time.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Does that make Verizon better? Because both drop calls.
  • justaguy
    justaguy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    The survey also found is that the iPhone drops more calls.
  • Iamshazam
    Iamshazam Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    First, in the end the iPhone is great for everything other than being a phone/communication device - it's just something we have to accept in general. Second, I have to say that within the last 2 months my AT&T reception has gotten better and my drop-call rate has dramatically decreased. I am even getting reception in the elevator of my building, where I wasn't before. Not saying it's perfect, but I am definitely noticing a big difference. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.