Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11: Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Updated With Animated Custom Boot Logo Option

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedsn0w 0.9.6rc11: Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Updated With Animated Custom Boot Logo Option

iPhone Dev team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11 to allow users to add animated custom boot logo to their jailbroken iOS devices.

iPhone Dev team had released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 for Mac and Windows and PwnageTool 4.3 for Mac to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1 and Apple TV 2G users few days back.

Dev Team has provided the following information on their blog about the latest version of Redsn0w:

Read the full story here

Comments

• badboy
    badboy Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hmmmm...............first?
  • Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Could anybody please tell me Dat "Unlock" of my phone is released or not ,and if not not then wats the expected tymVersion- 4.1Baseband-02.10.04
  • modi
    modi Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When you right one. kthxbyRight on DevTeam! I missed that little feech!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can the Dev team leave the jail break scene alone and work on the unlock.
  • skumar
    skumar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dev team just diverting people's mind from unlock of new baseband 2.10.4 and 3.10.1 , and releasing JB now and then with fixing some minor issues ... they are nothing but passing time to show they are doing something .. but they dont want to release unlock ......... good news is that rebel sim is better then gevey sim onl one time unlock .. till u dont remove ur sim or change ur sim ... stop following them they will understand if people can make them hero then same people can make them vilian also
  • شات اليمن
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Stop working on jailbreak and do the unlock that's bad reall bad promise after promise
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    Options
    "If you have already successfully jailbroken your iOS device using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11 and want to enable the animated boot logo then you need to simply run Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11 over your existing jailbroken iOS device and de-select Cydia."in the above comments, i had rc9 and animated the boot logo using rc11 - it worked for me without having to do a fresh restore. i just ran rc11 and followed the instructions the same. disabled the cydia and enabled boot logo. except i didn't find a Settings > BootLogo anywhere. do i have to installwhen did rc10 even go public ? i saw rc9 and then now here is rc11
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ok installed "Iphone4 Boot Logo" but gives you limited options.
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    installed a few more logos to test it out. none worked. appeared to make my phone start-up time way longer....
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    still no luck even with the Android one you guys mentioned. will try a fresh restore after the gym and see if that works.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks for the news. I am new to this and it was difficult since i didn't know what ipsw mean lol. i had to search for a nice video tutorial to teach me. I know i am a noob. I used this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0IIVHT0Kk
  • Fyta
    Fyta Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Still really hoping for that iOS 4.3 jailbreak for iPad 2. Finally received mine from apple two days ago and it only has 4.3 on it, so it's jailbreakable! I also assume since mine has 4.3, that there are plenty shipping still with 4.3 on them, which is good news for those who want to jailbreak their new iPad 2.
  • McGough
    McGough Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i also concur! installed rc11 over rc9 and no matter what bootlogos i download and enable, i just see the apple at the start. it just doesn't work for me :-(
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Same here, and I'm on a 3GS (New Bootrom)
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ok did a fresh restore then JB with rc11 - still no boot logo working.....
  • Blackusk23
    Blackusk23 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Who cares!!! Work on the "unlock" 3.10.01
  • r77w8c39
    r77w8c39 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It does not work. No matter what boot logo installed.
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    it doesn't pre-install anything extra into the Settings. you still have to go into Cydia and search for "iphone4 boot logo" and that'll add it to settings. then download logos. but since that doesn't even work.....no point.....
  • annoyed again
    annoyed again Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    To all complaining about unlocking newer basebands... F**K OFF!The dev team doesn't owe anyone jack sh*t! Either you screwed yourself by updating the baseband or you stupidly bought an iphone that you want to unlock before researching whether or not it could be unlocked. Go screw yourselves!!!
  • Key
    via Wordpress
    Options
    believe it only works on 4.2.1 - i don't have the IPSW and don't feel like downloading and restoring again. anyone wanna be a guinea pig ?
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I jailbroke with 0.9.6rc9. Now with 0.9.6rc11, I de-select cydia but do I select or de-select the battery option. Cause I Enabled it in rc9.
  • Azures
    Azures Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did they fix the signal bar issue?
  • DarkSeTT
    DarkSeTT Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Installed Redsn0w rc11, jailbroke ipad1 de-selectin cydia and can't download bootlogos and don't find the path settings->bootlogos
  • DarkSeTT
    DarkSeTT Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jailbroke again, the same. In adition i can't find the other options to do with the Side Switch. Any ideas?? Am i doing something wrong?? sugestions??
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just went to HANOI, Vietnam on vacation and found a shop where for $ 50.00 USD, they opened my iPhone 4 (Version- 4.1 Baseband-02.10.04) removed the Baseband chip and reflashed it with another baseband firmware, and now it is permanently unlocked. I came home and updated to version 4.3.1, and the unlock remained. The baseband chip still contains the same version; I was told that the memory allocations in the chip have been modified to not allow the sectors for carrier updates during new apple software version update. It works really great; I would strongly suggest anyone that is visiting Vietnam on vacation this summer to check it out. Almost all shops that fix cell phones in Hanoi offer this service, and it takes about 1 hour to complete. No longer need to wait regarding a jailbreak Ultrasnow update etc.... I waited too long !
  • dang
    dang Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i had g3s iphone after jailbreak ,i should not off power ,but my son off power now my phone doesnt work and just only logo apple.tell me wat to do guy ? thanks
  • whythecrash
    whythecrash Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Why does redsn0w crash like halfway through the downloading ram thing? tried so many times, still doesn't work.
  • edepot
    edepot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    iPhone Secrets? http://www.edepot.com/iphone.htmlIt says something about unlock uses software on another cpu, while the jailbreak happens on the main cpu.
  • zaid34108
    zaid34108 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just run redsn0w in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3, then run as administrator. worked for me. And how do you get the bootlogos to work. i installed some from cydia and didn't work. maybe if we use sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 they might work.