iPhone "Elite" Team Releases Method to Downgrade Baseband for iPhone v1.1.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone "Elite" Team Releases Method to Downgrade Baseband for iPhone v1.1.1

This week has been hectic with jailbreaking and unlocking news for iPhone firmware 1.1.1 which all started with the iPhone Dev Team announcing that they have been able to jailbreak the iPhone. Since then we have had multiple methods of jailbreak that has been demonstrated by various groups. I had...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lumos
    Lumos Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

so I still can't upgrade my unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and still keep full functionality for free yet?

• GP
    GP Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i guess I'm still confused.

I unlocked my iPhone using the anySim and related software. My iPhone is currently running firmware 1.0.2 and using a T-Mobile sim and is working fine. I've never tried to upgrade to 1.1.1.

Is there currently a way for me to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1 and still have my phone work with T-Mobile?

I'm sure there are others with the same question. My interpretation of the various articles here and on iphoneatlas.com is that there isn't a clear solution yet for me.

Thanks,

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Big questions...I have read every article here and in ENGADGET,and at TUAW and other links sites related to Iphone....I am so greatful for upcoming release for the masses of the jailbreak of Iphone and other apple devices.My questions is...How do I install third party applications in my Iphone which I ONLY updated the firmware to 1.1.1 without unlocking it or opening the fone at all...NEED HELP on this...I like those 3rd party applications and wanted to have them installed in my Iphone...I can always wait for the Unlock to be able to use other sims but wondering if I can install the 3rd party apps to the new Firmware i accidentally installed.That's the only update I ever made in my Iphone.

Please Help

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Can we upgrade to v1.1.1 then?

• Blue
    Blue Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

While I can't say anything about running unlocked ON firmware 1.1.1, I can confirm it is possible to jailbreak AND unlock a phone that has at some point been updated to 1.1.1.

I've just downgraded my 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and successfully unlocked (and jalbroke). Phone is working fine with Unicell SIM... except data, which I'm now placing a call to trouble-shoot. Thinking this demo SIM doesn't have data.

As a recap, I had previously jailbroke my phone (on 1.0.2), but I hadn't gotten around to unlocking. I upgraded to 1.1.1 when it was released out of curiosity. Sadly, AT&T service in so incredibly poor in my area, I'm hoping TMobile or Unicel will actually work more than 50% to make calls. To that end, I've successfully downgraded to 1.0.2 and unlocked the phone.

Hope this helps. Huge Kudos to all the folks who have made this possible!!

Blue

PS - For what it's worth, in my own reading/searching, I believe jailbreak has been accomplished for 1.1.1 (see link below), but not unlock as of 10/15/07.

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Blue,

Thanks for sharing your experience on jailbreaking and downgrading to firmware 1.0.2 here, appreciate it.

You might also be interested in reading these articles which have details on jailbreaking and unlocking methods for iPhone OS v1.1.1:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphone-hacking.html
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphoneunlock111.html

On a side note, it seems like I need to work on optimizing the blog's UI so that readers can easily access related information.

Thanks for visiting iPhone Hacks and your comments.

cheers!

• GRANDIVA77
    GRANDIVA77 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HI. I have a jailbroken(ziphone) 1.1.3 8g iphone. I use the tmobile sim card. I accidentally did a software update on Itunes to 2.0. Now my fone is locked or bricked. I only see the apple symbol OR the "connect to Itunes" icon on my fone. I have done several resets via Itunes and I only get as far as the connect to itunes. In Itunes when after the reset, it asks for the original sim card which I do not have because I bought the phone from ebay. unlocked it with ziphone and the tmobile chip. How do I get past this? Can anyone help me or should I think about getting another fone?