Apple Working On Smart Bezel With Illuminated Indicators For Future iPhones

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Working On Smart Bezel With Illuminated Indicators For Future iPhones

Patently Apple has discovered a Apple patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which reveals that Apple is working on a new interface system that includes a smart bezel around the main touchscreen, which could be used to show a set of new illuminated indicators or buttons.

Apple is trying to solve the following problem:

Read the full story here

Comments

• First first
    First first Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    First. Stupid idea
  • UbiquitousGeek
    UbiquitousGeek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It's a good idea. I think it would be best implemented at the top of the screen, below the speaker. Always-on notifications or new message indicators are a part of many smartphones' histories. To some people, it's even a deal-breaker. I've heard many people voice their disappointment in the iPhone not having any such mechanism.
  • Tammasus
    Tammasus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I'm content with the screen size of Apple. This secondary display doesn't sound like the minimalist approach of their designers. Besides, who drops their iPhone? We all do sooner or later, edge2edge screen sounds fragile.
  • Branden
    Branden Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Sure, it's an excellent idea that would definitely provide a lot of information to the user (if properly implemented). The problem would be if Apple decides to enlarge the device just to accommodate this new technology. Similar to what UbiquitousGeek said, the spaces beside the speaker and front-facing camera as well as the home button would be perfect places for just such an interface.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    What strikes me is Apple is attempting to patent something that has been used in electronic gadgetry for many years. Most hifi amplifiers use this kind of technology to display decoding options etc. I don't think anyone should be able to claim rights to this kind of technology, the world of patents is out of control!
  • wierdo
    wierdo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i would like a larger egde to egde screen
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I'd prefer the larger screen!!!
  • Bathroom Living
    Bathroom Living Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    very nice to hear about apple, very good post, i like this.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    It is a good idea to overcome the compatibiltiy issue when they incarese the resolution for increasing te size of screen.Edge area can be used for general display for natuve resolution software. And, ehen use the old software 960x640 area used for the software, and extra edge area useavle for the other purpose. But, the extra area it too big to apply this concept even they increase to 3.8". And, the screen conbination will be very funny sometime
  • MEME
    MEME Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    You are the first to have a stupid idea?
  • Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Could anybody please tell me Dat “Unlock” of my phone is released or not ,and if not not then wats the expected tymVersion- 4.1Baseband-02.10.04
  • NCTalk
    NCTalk Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I like the minimalistic look of the iPhone. But I think if it were done properly it could give the phone a very advanced look. The design of the i4 was a big improvement on the 3GS (in my opinion. I look forward to what they will do with the i5. Over all, I think most people are more concerned with the phones ability to interact with other existing technologies than how sexy the new screen is ; ~ )
  • The Warriors
    The Warriors Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think what they should do (going back to the slide out keyboard) is make it a second slide out touchscreen that changes depending on what is being done. Examples: text entry will bring up a keyboard, or keypad for phone. Gaming would bring up game like controls set by the creator of the game. All his would allow for way more room on the main screen while keeping the iPhone to it's traditional touchscreen sleek look.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Its a good idea and will work wonders for APple.
  • Wooo Yeah
    Wooo Yeah Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    alot of text to say Apple want to put a 2nd touchscreen on the device but with limited functions.
  • byronchurch
    byronchurch Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    The whole back is already glass , why cant we put that to work ?
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    its about time apple figures out that there some people that perfer a big screen another reason why the android htc phones are doing well so know apple needs to do now is make the iphone 5 different cuz all the iphones look the same it remind me of my windows xp so add some widgets and a screen saver so its different from the others