iPad 2 Problems: Apple Investigating Connectivity Issues With Verizon 3G Network

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad 2 Problems: Apple Investigating Connectivity Issues With Verizon 3G Network

Some Verizon iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G users have complained that they’re having problems connecting to Verizon’s 3G network.

Based on this Apple Discussions thread, it looks like Verizon iPad 3G users are facing the problem when they try to enable 3G to connect to Verizon’s network.

All Things Digital reports that Apple has acknowledged the issue and is currently investigating it:

Read the full story here

Comments

• joe shmoe
    joe shmoe Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Can you hear me now? oh crap, no connection.
  • Train
    Train Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Might want to separate to the next line the "4."It almost looks like your saying iPad 4 :-P
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Is it only Verizon or even ATT has problems?
  • ohjayp
    ohjayp Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    "A small number of iPad 2 customers affected". What a crock. Believe me if it was a small number apple wouldn't give one crap about us.So What exactly is a small number? If you sell 1M 3G units half of which will be Verizon. That's one small 500k
  • M Rahman
    M Rahman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I think I am also having a connection issue with my 32GB wifi, as even though the internet connection is ok the ipad says connection error and I have to restart the ipad before I can start browsing.
  • ohjayp
    ohjayp Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    No that's not the issue we're talking about. It sounds like your iPad has an issue that you should get checked out soon. We are having trouble with 3G connectivity. But really that sounds real fucky, go that checked out.
  • Bianca
    Bianca Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It happens on my ipad2 wifi+3G right now! aarrghh.. how to Turn the cellular data switch to on?? I did a reset yesterday, but this morning I can't connect to internet again!
  • I remember having this issue; it was really annoying being forced to use the new iPad, only in the same room as my wifi router because of the poor range. So I ended up spending a lot of time doing research, looking for a solution to this issue. I found a lot of blogs with articles mentioning the "Forget This Network" reset solution, but it didn't improve my wifi range at all. I did a bunch of research came across WIRED magazine and found a extensive and detailed review of Pong Research cases. These guys make a very special case which has a built-in antenna in between its layers, which redirects and boost the signal and range of your new iPad, iPhone and other devices. As a result, I'm able to connect to my router from much further without a problem. Besides that, this also comes with an improved version of the Apple Smart Cover which asides from retaining the sleep/wake function, because of its origami design, you can fold it and stand it in 5 different positions - very cool in my opinion!