Websites Offering Remote iPhone Unlocking Solution Without Jailbreak

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWebsites Offering Remote iPhone Unlocking Solution Without Jailbreak

While the iPhone Dev team are busy trying to figure out a way to software unlock the latest iPhone basebands, we’re seeing a number of websites that are offering services to permanently unlock iPhone so that it can be used on any carrier network without the need to jailbreak their iPhone and Gevey SIM hack that can unlock iPhone 4.

Cut Your SIM, which is one of the sites offering the unlocking solution even go to the extent to claim that it is the official iPhone unlock. They claim:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Cole
    Cole Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Seems pretty sketchy.. Especially if apple can remove your phone and cause it to lose well... Phone capabilities. Even if they offer some kind of warranty I'd say screw that.
  • Abiola
    Abiola Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    this sounds interesting, inasmuch as i'd so much like to unlock my iPhone at all cost, i'll just wait till the dev team come up with theirs, though its taking forever...
  • Mike's Place
    Mike's Place Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Not just that but you've just painted a target on your a** by posting and submitting your IMEI number to some unknown place! Yikes...
  • who8mahrice
    who8mahrice Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    yeah i waited about 9 months alreadyi just bought the gevey sim off ebay yesterdayfor 30.00that will do for now
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    new software unlock for the iphone will never see the day of light i think apple won this battle!!!!
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    even"""" sherif hashim""" the guy who found the last exploit is using the givy sim unlock method check twitter so i think no hope
  • Crow
    Crow Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I gave up on the newest unlock, traded my iPhone 4 for a Nintendo 3ds.
  • Pardeep
    Pardeep Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Even they are offering to unlock at&t for 200$ and O2 unlock for 60$. Many of my friends have got their o2 IP4 unlocked from these kind of websites.
  • MPH
    MPH Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Well I always felt that those websites are sketchy, to say the least, and thanks for pointing it out to everybody. In terms of pricing, it's very steep, especially because legal unlock where I am (Romania) is 100 Euros if the iPhone is still under contract and FREE if the contract has ended. So I paid the 100 euros :)
  • Fuck me Freddie
    Fuck me Freddie Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I think there should be a class action suit against ATT . Because once your contract is done the phone is yours and should be able to be legally unlocked. My two cents
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    As far as I know. Once your contract has expired You are entitled to a free unlock (yup it's now your property, not the networks). Note however that they will most likely try and charge you for the service. Stick to your guns and demand it for free.Showing my age now but I remember a time when contract phones used to all be unlocked and only PAYGO handsets were tied to a network. Till the greedy fekkas used the mobile web as an excuse to lockdown all handsets. Never forgiven them for that and never will.
  • trimmer
    trimmer Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    sounds to me like a deal if it works 400.00 for iphone 4 on craigs list 170 to factory unlock = 570.00 for a phone that sells on ebay for 895.00 + shipping. count me in :)
  • bell
    bell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Please release the offical unlock so people can avoid using other sources for unlocking.
  • deanno2010
    deanno2010 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    i'm very patience...i will wait for dev team or sherif hasyim :)
  • Am Suah
    Am Suah Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Let's see... I jailbreak, Apple's pissed. I unlock, Apple's pissed. I scratch my head, Apple's... Apple doesn't rule my phone anymore than Michelin rules my tires and AquaFresh rules my teeth. Remember the judge even ruled on that. I'd trust CutYourSim ten times before I would Apple. At least I know their trying to make a buck, not trying to sue me or anyone it thinks it could make an example of, with laws it's lawyers make up as they go. I'm waiting for my unlock from CutYourSim as we speak. To be sure, I still would never let my phone connect to Apple's servers. I'll continue to use SHSH's from Saurik and Custom IPSW's from the dev-team (heaps of kudos to them!!).Not having to play hide and seek with the baseband updates is worth the price of the unlock, that of course and knowing I took every path to defeat the evil empire's shenanigans since the first iphone, and I've owned everyone.
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Users are reporting that this method does in fact permanently unlock your phone but your must do a restore in itunes which means upgrading the BB! So if you got a iphone 4 on a unlock-able BB then its worth it!
  • Michael Heister
    Michael Heister Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    I forget where I heard this, but it seems they're also doing some sort of a hard flash thing in Vietnam for $50 that's a permanent unlock.
  • spelz
    spelz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    What if I'm locked to the emergency call screen? How would I get my IMEI number? My iPhone4 has 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01. Im assuming that the IMEI number IS NOT the same as the ECID number (which I have). Thanks for any input.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    this may be the way to go since the Dev teamrecommend us to buy factory unlock phone save more money....
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    If I remember something along the lines of *#06#
  • Almog
    Almog Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Hi.Just go ahead and buy the Gevey sim unlock. You can find it now for just 10$. Next time if Devteam promises something wait until they will release it. You can't trust them anymoreI bought 2 iPhone 4 because they published that they are going to release Ultrasn0w 1.3 at 11.03.11. If you can't do it just don't promise it. Or tweet that you are just fixing minor bugs before the day of release.At least we have Gevey (Glass half full)
  • Maximos
    Maximos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    **** THE PISS PATHETIC DEV TEAM, GEOHOT HELP US PLEASE, I DONATED TO YOU MANY TIMES, AND I WILL AGAIN.
  • Am Suah
    Am Suah Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Try to avoid speaking out of your posterior's orifice. There's no need for a restore whatsoever. Itunes checks and clears that stuff as soon as you plug yo thingie in.
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    In Australia, telcos are offering free unlocks for iphone whether it's in contract, out of contract or just starting a contract.Well, Telstra is offering it free. All their other contract phones are unlocked anyway. Apparently, it's Apple that forces them to lock the iphones they sell.Other telcos have apparently abolished or at least reduced their unlocking fees too.
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    You're wrong. ANY phone manufacturer is OBLIGATED to lock ANY phone to a company when that company has an exclusive contract to sell that said phone in a particular region.
  • Jap
    Jap Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Maybe Apple have a contract with the people doing the unlock, just to make a few extra bucks?p.s UK O2 iphones can be done for free or £35 on PAYG
  • spelz
    spelz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    *#06# does not work from the emergency call screen to obtain the IMEI (iPhone4 -- 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01)... Any other suggestions?
  • morteaz
    morteaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm afraid you're wrong in this regard. Not as far as being the rightful owner of the phone upon expiration (or early termination from paying the related fee), but regarding AT&T offering this service. I had trouble getting through to AT&T's representatives on this matter more than once. They simply refuse unlocking the phone on grounds of it being "impossible". Yeah, I know. It's crazy!
  • morteaz
    morteaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The IMEI # can be found either by checking "devices" in iTunes (if your phone has ever been connected) or by removing the SIM tray. The IMEI's printed on the sim tray.
  • deano
    deano Posts: 96
    via Wordpress
    o2 customers in the uk onlyyou can get your iphone unlocked for free with 02 just fill out the unlock form on there website they send you a txt telling u to sync with itunes then your phone says iphone unlocked ive just done itif your a payg customer its £15 well worth it thouthe dev team are finished in unlocking and jailbreakingchronic dev team is where it is at nowadays