Apple May Launch iPhone 5 At Media Event In September

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple May Launch iPhone 5 At Media Event In September

It is widely speculated that Apple will delay the launch of iPhone 5 to fall this year instead of unveiling it at WorldWide Developer Conference 2011.

John Paczkowski of All Things Digital reports that he is also hearing speculation that Apple could launch iPhone 5 at a media event in September.

Paczkowski who has a good track record when it comes to Apple related rumors reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    This phone better be tight. Android had phone with 3d, etc coming out. Step up the game Apple!
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    I'm waiting for iPhone 5, but if they don't launch it this summer, I won't wait anylanger, I would buy an android instead.
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    I think if apple don't offer the iphone5 in the summer they might lose customers as like me am out of my contract and waiting.....
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Do not launch iPhone 5 at all is best
  • Egsixx
    Egsixx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    why would they launch a ip5 when they just recently launched the ip4 last year let alone the cdma version of it earlier this year? common sense tells me its all hype and you will have to wait for a ip5 the same amount of time that u had to wait for the ip4 to come out when you had a 3g or 3gs... all this stupid mumbo jumbo rumors are just that.. rumors.. they are just doing it to stay relevent in the news and have people keep talking about apple iphones in general. please tell me im talking outta my @ss..
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Uh, the iPhone has come out every summer since they've been making them so if it came out in June then we would be waiting the same amount of time as we had to wait for the 4 while the 3GS was out.The Verizon iPhone will probably stay on a different release schedule until they make a universal iPhone using LTE 4G which I'm guessing will be he next one.
  • 3rd man
    3rd man Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Late lunch will not have any effect on sell. iPhone is much better than any other phone in the market. How many hotel rooms have you seen with the android dock station? On other side most hotels will have IPhone dock station. People will not change to other phones, too much to loss.
  • Egsixx
    Egsixx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    i see what your saying but you dont see what im saying yes the 3gs came out and then the 4 but see the 3g and 3gs are the same platform phone just better things and funtions. Now in the case of the ip4 to the ip5 all these rumors about it completly being redesigned does not make sense. to me what makes sense is yes another version of the ip4 with the dualprocessing a4 chip and maybe more memory but like everyone saying a bigger screen and completely new phone i highly doubt it when so much R&D money went into a ip4. Hey im a business owner if i came out with a new redesigned product every year i better hope i recoup my r&d money every year. ie= a car new model comes out every 4 yrs cell phone about 2 to 3.. i put money on it that they just come out with the same phone just the latest internals..
  • Toxec
    Toxec Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Yet apple releases iphones and ipods every year around same time, as well as the updated Macs usually.So no offense, I also own a business but Apple are doing things right, they are making up for their R&D and then some. So yes, I think this year an iP5 will be released, more than likely same time or close to iP4 release last year.Believe what you want, but Verizon are using a technology that is different requiring slightly different boards, it wouldn't hold up the production by long to produce both models.They might as well release a new Verizon phone as well while at it to group the iPhone releases back to one release again.
  • fricko
    fricko Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I love my 3gs iPhone I can do anything on it. jailbreak, remote control, watch tv from my computer house ....but if apple does not come out with a new iPhone this summer , I'll be going to an android phone. faster processor better graphics flash. better camera faster browsing experience same popular apps , try the thunderbolt from verizon no cydia though ;( I want the iphone this summer I'been waiting too long for it.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    So even if this is true...it will likely to come out at the same time the ipod line. Now this will keep Apple VERY busy. Selling iphone, new ipods.
  • purplemaize
    purplemaize Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    I heard it can be jailbroken already