Apple Seeding Select iOS Game Developers With iPhone 4S - A5 Based iPhone 4

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Seeding Select iOS Game Developers With iPhone 4S - A5 Based iPhone 4

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple has already started seeding select iOS game developers with new iPhone prototypes based on the dual-core A5 system-on-ship, which powers iPad 2.

It looks like the iPhone prototypes, which look like iPhone 4 have been given to developers so that they can start developing apps that can take advantage of A5’s dual cores and up to nine times the graphical performance of the A4.

9 to 5 Mac reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    Great I can keep my iphon 4 otterbox
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I have purchased it on every release, the tweaks and upgrades alone for me make it worth while. Its also nice to get a new phone without scratches and general ware and tare every year...
  • TaiMaiShu
    TaiMaiShu Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    In my opinion if Apple is just going to do the 3G-->3GS thing with the iphone4, it's not worth updating to at all.Just like the ipad vs ipad2. Sure it's faster and snappier and comes the camera everyone wanted since the first one....but unless you are a die hard "bathroom 5min game player" and play mostly those 99cent games that don't even use the iphone or ipads max potential...in reality just getting newer Apple hardware is just for bragging rights. I think i'm happy with my iphone 4 until apple comes up with one that can levitate in the palm of my hand
  • Cory Gillmore
    Cory Gillmore Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Yes I would definitely buy it even it is an iPhone "4S", so to speak.
  • TattoozNTech
    TattoozNTech Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    def not. my iPhone 4 works well enough to keep me from buying a new version that has just had a slight specs bump. i will be disappointed if this is the case.
  • ceskapica
    ceskapica Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    I am really hoping it will upgrade to 64 gigs. That would be awesome. And I've always upgraded, just to get a phone with less wear and tear. I always upgraded phones once a year even before the iPhone came out.
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I had a 3GS and upgraded to the 4 some 2 months later. The phone is OK I suppose, but Apple is much more concerned about 'feeding the craze' than with providing a quality, safe, and secure line of products. They are going down the path of GOOGLE and Facebook where privacy is concerned as well. If they don't at least redesign the antenna (already had 1 retry with Verizon and failed) system completely, I will make sure someone holding an iPhone hears me laugh at them once a day, preferably inside an Apple store.
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    All I can say LG Optimus 3D. iPhone 5 is already outdated. Let's see iPhone 7:)
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    There are some technical issues to increase the size of diaplay, and some marketing issues to support 4G & NFC. And, some mechanical & electrical issues to change the back cover. And, i4 is a big hit design and there is no reason to change yet. I think that apple will announce iPhone 4S and June announcing. Just CPU change and more flash memory support such as 64GB and new accessory such as HDMI.While using i4s will powered by iOS 4.5 and updated iOS 5 next year with new i5. even Apple announce i4S on June or not. They will say about iOS 5 target release date. It will be a confirmed date for i5And, pending updates for i5 such RAM to 1GB or extra RAM for video, more pixel of camera such as 8Mp back and 2Mp front. Surely new updates for i5 such big screen with frame display, and new front & back design, NFC, and 4G. Maybe 5G on 2012.
  • JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    i wish they would start selling these prototype phones in the future as a replacement for the current iphone 4. maybe sell it alongside the iphone 5 at 50-100. they want a cheaper model...there it is.
  • Kenya
    Kenya Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yes its cool, better specs, a dual core processor, maybe more ram, more pixels in the camera. but probably everything else is gna stay the same. so, that means more battery drain! do we need that? i just got my iphone 4, and the reason was apples updates sometimes r just a waste of time
  • Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    If it's probably going to have the same design, hopefully they'll have colored brushed metal selection like they did with the iPod nanos
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I think it will come in June, no matter what people say.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I think it's coming in June or July. I'm satisfied with my iphone 4, but I will be upgrading to the new version as soon as I can get an order in. I will then sell my iphone 4 and get some money back. Win/Win situation.
  • wispkers
    wispkers Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Still using the 3GS. Upgrade every other cycle for phone and pad.
  • Bradley Kelly
    Bradley Kelly Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    I'm so going to try my very very best to save up as I only got a 3GS :)
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I'll definitely get the new one, whatever it is. My kids keep hounding me for my hand-me-downs. I always jailbreak and unlock. I never upgrade the kids' (3 of them) sim cards and they end up tethering from my iPhone or wifi for data as I don't pay extra for their data. AT&T automatically adds data using the newer sim cards even if the iphones are jailbroken and unlocked but not with the old sim cards. I get a new phone and the kid with the best grades gets my 1yr old iPhone 4. It works great for all of us. I just need to wait until the new version is jailbroken.