Mac OS X Lion Reveals MobileMe Will Be Replaced By iCloud; Codenamed Castle

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMac OS X Lion Reveals MobileMe Will Be Replaced By iCloud; Codenamed Castle

Couple of days back, we reported that Apple has started using the iCloud name internally within several products currently under development.

Folks at Cosmomac.fr have discovered strings in the latest Mac OS X Lion build, which indicate that users will get an option to upgrade from Mobile to ‘Castle’, which is probably the codename for Apple’s new cloud-based service that may be called iCloud.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    :) looking forward to advances in this technology. I just hope Apple decides to get on the 4G bandwagon with this release. Taxing the all ready stressed 3G network with cloud based everything will just make it worse.
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    how much did they pay for icloud.com?
  • Suren0213
    Suren0213 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Around 4 million dollars.. I'm not sure
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    HOw much time for the launch?
  • Ted L
    Ted L Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    will we still get the "me.com" in our email addresses/
  • unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    i'm waiting for "alley cat", which will include iDontCare.It's unfortunate: i quit using iphone just this last Christmas. My iPad sits unused, except for long airplane flights. And my last laptop was last MBP that had removable batteries, since I need to swap them on international flights.It was a hassle always having to jailbreak the iphone to get a couple of the additional apps I *need*. And I had to throw one of my iphones away since I moved from the US (ATA: We don't unlock iphones) to Australia (no visual voice mail).My Mac Pro (2x3.0GHz Xeon) has recently had it's graphics card fail. There was a recall. I was told that i couldn't replace it unless it exhibited the issue. It did not. until 2 weeks ago. Now Apple says the replacement program ended in January. They wouldn't replace it when the program was open. Wont' replace it now. My MBP can only take 4GB (6, with an out of warranty config). Not 8, like the chipset SHOULD support.My MP can only use 3 other graphics cards.For the most part, I like my Apple stuff, including their desktop OS. But it's like they're purposely trying to piss me off.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    well if they do this, i hope its not more money, again i also hope we can keep our @me.com...... i remember when they switched from @mac.com to @me.com and it really screwed me up having to switch over. i dont see why they are switching all again. im sure they can still use the technology without switching everything around again... well see