Apple Releases iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch, iOS 4.2.8 For Verizon iPhone To Fix Location

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Releases iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch, iOS 4.2.8 For Verizon iPhone To Fix Location Tracking Bugs

That was quick. Apple has just released iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and iOS 4.2.8 for Verizon iPhone to fix the iPhone and iPad 3G location tracking bug that has raised a lot of controversy.

Here’s the list of fixes and improvements in iOS 4.3.3 to address the issue:

This update contains changes to the iOS crowd-sourced location database cache including:

Read the full story here

Comments

• nrgy
    nrgy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    JB Please! Hopefully it'll be like the 4.3.2 update where none of the exploits were fixed.
  • Matako
    Matako Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Can somebody please explain how geolocation correctios are implemented for the iphone 3G if IOS 4.3.3 does not support this model?
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    I was thinking more along the lines of asking Apple to fix it for me. As I see it they are responsible for this issue.Quote... "Apple admitted that it could do a better job managing the crowd-sourced location database"Apple claim they do not use the information to track users however they do not, can not, speak for 3rd party app developers. I assume the data is freely available on un-jailbroken devices. If it wasn't Apple would obviously capitalise on the fact that JB'd devices were the only ones that were affected.For those of us still using unsupported iDevices such as iPhone 3G etc. who choose to JB we have a program called Untrackerd. For those of us who don't "we Know where you are... We can track you... ;oP"Ok a little Big Brotherish/paranoid, but a security issue none the less. one I feel Apple should address in earlier models they no longer care/bother to support (Bad PR Apple. Customer confidence nil points)If Apple don't supply a fix for unsupported devices does this not imply that they actually condone the practice of JBing your device (once they've milked it for every cent)? As it will be the only option left available to unsupported users. Hmmm....
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Awaiting a brief response from jobsy boy somwhere along the lines of "buy a new iPhone" or "F. U."