PdaNet: Jailbreak App Updated To Hide Unofficial iPhone Tethering

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePdaNet: Jailbreak App Updated To Hide Unofficial iPhone Tethering

Last week, we reported that AT&T continues to clamp down on the unofficial iPhone tethering using jailbreak apps like PdaNet, MyWi and TetherMe.

To counter the crack down by AT&T, folks at June Fabrics Tech, developers of PdaNet have released a new version of their jailbreak app, which allows users to hide tethering usage so that carriers like AT&T can’t detect it.

According to the change log, PdaNet v5.01 includes the following new features and improvements:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    welcome back to the party pdanet lets see if mywi can come up with an update like this one
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Can someone eventually confirm this works? thank you
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I've been using Tetherme all along and havnt heard any complaints from At&t.
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    why use PdaNet that cost $15.99 or $29? MyWi cost way less $19.99 and offer better features. I'll never think of using anything else. MyWi rules!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What about personal hotspot? Does it work that good?
  • Globe
    Globe Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I use Tetherme heavily; not a word from At&t. We'll see if that lasts...
  • Paul Compton
    Paul Compton Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Got to go for mywi still it works so well and is cheaper, hotspot and direct connect with my pad make mywi a great price.
  • Jrmedic19
    Jrmedic19 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I was just sent a text from AT&T yesterday. I don't use MyWi very much so I'm kinda at a loss. Last I checked my data usage was around 3gig a month total. As far as I understand that's not much more than the average user - when I say average I mean the REAL average user and not AT&T's supposed "average" user at around 2gig a month. So what are my options folks? I'll be pissed if a 45$ charge magically appears on my bill. PISSED!
  • Stan2
    Stan2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    How is $19.99 "way less" than $15.99??
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    I received the email and text regarding my data usage. I used Tetherme exclusively and was consistently anywhere from 5-7 gig per month. I called them and told them that I used Pandora and Netflix heavily. They said that was fine and that if I were to hook up my phone to my computer that I would be charged. Not another word from them as of 1 month later. They did say that my account was flagged because of high usage, that is why I received the email and text. I'll try the PDAnet if that means I can go undetected!
  • Amsterpelli
    Amsterpelli Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I use MyWi a few days a week, but my total data usage for a month is usually under a gig .. I have never heard anything from ATT. I am curious to know how long ATT will allow the grandfathered in unlimited plan. If you are a heavy data user it seems like it would be better to pay full price if you decide to upgrade your phone just to save $45 each month and stay on unlimitedHowever when ATT finally gets the so-called 4G rolling, then I doubt unlimited will apply. Does anyone know if the old unlimited data plan specifically states 3G?
  • DatHead
    DatHead Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Got a text from ATT 3 days ago. I have MyWi and havent used it at all for months. Last time I used it was when I just turned it on to see how the new version works. Maybe 15 minutes. My data usage is not that high either usually below 2GB. I did hit 4GB in March, so its possible that was the flag that sent the text. ATT rep said they can tell the diference between Netflix/Pandora usage and tethering. Will wait and see if MyWi can fix the problem. Check out http://bit.ly/kbdGh7 for another guys experience.
  • DatHead
    DatHead Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Gonna need a new iPhone also if you want 4G.
  • JMontero
    JMontero Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Im using tetherme and just recieved a txt this morning and the weird thing is that i dont use it that much
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    works a treat. only bug/nag/side effect i've noticed is that logging in to facebook whilst in hidden mode causes facebook to load as it's mobile web equivelant.Having said that at least it's proof that the laptop is hidden/thought of as your mobile phone. It'll be interesting to see what AT&T make of it. The money grabbing S.O.B's
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
    Yup it works fine. It seems better that mywi in as much as all my devices seem to connect first time. With mywi it was very hit or miss in my experience. Also with mywi my iPhone tended to need a reboot every other day as it just ground to a snails pace. I Haven't had that issue yet with pdanet. Touch wood.
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
    I was using level 2 hidden mode btw.
  • Redhead
    Redhead Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Be warned, I heard from a good source that apple and AT&T has embedded some detection method in the 4.3x version, so if that's true there's nothing u can do to hide ur usage if u is on 4.3 and above.
  • Terry405
    Terry405 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yeah I got the email & letter in the mail. YIKES!!! Haven't used since getting the email... If you discontinue to use it then they won't automatically update your plan. I'll wait to see if the PdaNet works from someone...
  • Llango
    Llango Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I use tetherme and I got the famous text.. When you call AT&T they just come up with a whole bunch of Cra...
  • Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    So does anyone have any new info on if pdanet really hides the wifi/tethering?
  • SeenDaLight
    SeenDaLight Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    try this link, I use it to stay off the mobile site...www.facebook.com/home.php?m2w
  • SeenDaLight
    SeenDaLight Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Jeremy, you are boss lol! I had gotten the txt months ago and ceased using MyWi. As others have stated, I had barely tethered as previously having not much reason to, just to see if I could do it. But recent browsing to seek for any updated development has brought me to news of the latest pdanet. I'm on a trip, current staying with my gf's family who have no Internet! Limiting my usage to just my phone has been painful and I've only been here for a day. I've also got a wifi-only tablet that I would just love to use, but afraid of purchasing the latest pdanet for fear of being screwed to the likes of spending dough on MyWi. Any confirm this option actually masks your usage?
  • Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Hi to all pardon me for my bad English well when i got my iphone last July i start using mywi later about November i received the famous text message i call them and play stupid told them i use a lot on pandora youtube almost listen to radio online all day all that crap but i stop using mywi i have a second line that is not unlimited and i also recieved a letter saying the same crap i call them but this time i told them that i knew what was tethering because they accuse me for the other line and i was sick of that crap make i stop tethering but still consumes about 30gb every month on my unlimited line basically i download on my phone then transfer the stuff to my pc but have will trypda net and see what happens.
  • Levizzy
    Levizzy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Pdanet works. As of 9/21/11. The latest edition. They have not the greed nor resources to actually examine individual packets of info which is what pdanet would require them to do to bust you. If you consume inordinate amounts though. There's no telling what they will do. But if you just browse and occasionally download while also watching Netflix and listening to streaming music alot. They will never know enjoy. The high data usage flags the acct. Whether tethered or not. They then determine what type of packets they are. You pass that test and your good to go. Just don't get outta control with it.
  • Scot
    Scot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If you use 3G unrestrictor with pdanet there is NO way they can they can see any increase in data because you are tricking the phone to thinking it's on wifi then sending a wifi looped signal to your iPad. That's what works for me and my ipad2 flies with it hooked up this way.